GIC Group

Updated Jul 31, 2014

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at GIC Group

Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GIC Group.

A phone interview with the CEO Rick Gilmore. That's it. The entire process was very easy because I was applying for an unpaid position. Later I learned that all the interns were unpaid. Everything looked good on paper (wikipedia, website, etc.) before the interview. The CEO was nice and funny during the interview. However, it turned out to be a very negative work experience at GIC. One lesson we learned in college -- DON'T TRUST WIKIPEDIA!!!

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GIC Group.

I got the information from my director. He forwarded the email to us. I sent the CEO a resume. He replied really soon. We made a time for phone interview. The interview was not hard. He told me to introduce myself first, then he went through my resume and asked me about my past working experience. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes. At the very end of the interview, he asked me to give the contact information of a reference. I gave him one of my professors' contact. That night I got the offer.

It is unpaid.

Intern/Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GIC Group.

Applied through TWC program and interviewed on Skype. My resume was sent out to the CEO directly. The CEO reviewed my resume and sent it to TWC coordinator. Later, we scheduled a skype interview. The CEO seems to be a kind, knowledgeable, respectful scholar on skype. In reality, it was the opposite!

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ḩawallī (Kuwait)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ḩawallī (Kuwait)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GIC Group in October 2011.

It was just a formal talk to the manager of the firm, getting to know more about what I have studies and my past work experience. I was told to be trained about the job in detail in the few upcoming days, which would be partial from the staff in the company and rest from Sweden.