GIC Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015

1.6

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GIC Group.

Interview

A phone interview with the CEO Rick Gilmore. That's it. The entire process was very easy because I was applying for an unpaid position. Later I learned that all the interns were unpaid. Everything looked good on paper (wikipedia, website, etc.) before the interview. The CEO was nice and funny during the interview. However, it turned out to be a very negative work experience at GIC. One lesson we learned in college -- DON'T TRUST WIKIPEDIA!!!

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GIC Group (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

I got the information from my director. He forwarded the email to us. I sent the CEO a resume. He replied really soon. We made a time for phone interview. The interview was not hard. He told me to introduce myself first, then he went through my resume and asked me about my past working experience. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes. At the very end of the interview, he asked me to give the contact information of a reference. I gave him one of my professors' contact. That night I got the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is unpaid.

Research Analysis Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GIC Group in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, basic questions, interviewed directly by the CEO of GIC Group. He is a tough guy but the questions he asked were just some basic questions about experience and personality.

Intern/Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GIC Group.

Interview

Applied through TWC program and interviewed on Skype. My resume was sent out to the CEO directly. The CEO reviewed my resume and sent it to TWC coordinator. Later, we scheduled a skype interview. The CEO seems to be a kind, knowledgeable, respectful scholar on skype. In reality, it was the opposite!

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ḩawallī (Kuwait)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GIC Group (Ḩawallī (Kuwait)) in October 2011.

Interview

It was just a formal talk to the manager of the firm, getting to know more about what I have studies and my past work experience. I was told to be trained about the job in detail in the few upcoming days, which would be partial from the staff in the company and rest from Sweden.