GIC Investments Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2014
Updated Sep 29, 2014

3.3

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at GIC Investments.

Two rounds of interview. First round from HR Department, all fit questions plus resume based questions. Second round by several investment professionals, questioned on Fixed income market, global macro etc.

Interview Questions
    • Any similarities in real estate market and bond market?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GIC Investments in February 2014.

The first round is a HR screening but I did not make it. Very general questions on resume, then why GIC (I was really not prepared that I could not talk about why GIC), ask some out of dated questions from my perspective like, talk about the financial crisis in 2008. Then I never heard back from them.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GIC Investments in October 2013.

Initial phone interview from Singapore. Went to SF for second round.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed questions about why GIC. Interviewers asked why GIC for 30 minutes.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President In One of the Investment Team (GAM, RE, SI) Interview

Multiple rounds. Met a lot of the senior folks in the team

Analyst Interview

Was unprepared for the interview. Got stumped when the interviewer said that the job was boring. I'm not sure how to smoke my way through the interview, and will be reapplying again in hopes of answering questions better.

Interview Questions
    • Could not answer why I really wanted to work in GIC other than the fact that I could learn a lot in the entry level job.   Answer Question

GIC Professionals Programmer Interview

Three interviews. The first one was with HR. They ask questions about past experiences, drilled on strengths, and why GIC. Then I had to do an online assessment (quantitative and logic). Shortly after that, they scheduled a second conference call with a few employees in the division I'm interested in. They asked questions about my interests, my experiences, and some questions about the Southeast Asian markets. The third interview were with senior executives. They told me to prepare a 10 minutes presentation on a topic, and asked further questions after my presentation. The overall process was pleasant and interesting. I got to learn a lot more about the company, its people, and the working environment there.

Summer Analyst Interview

I worked at GIC Investments as an intern for less than a year

Pros – The projects given to me were interesting and I learnt a lot of new stuffs there. The facilities were quite good. Interaction with my colleagues were great especially during meetings.
    There were quite a number of events that consisted of buffet which we would come down together and eat.

Interview Questions
    • I worked at GIC Investments as an intern for less than a year

Cons – The permanent staff are always having OTs almost everyday though their pay are quite high.
        Answer Question

Legal Interview

Get the chance via a recruiter. Two rounds. Competency questions an technical questions. Interviewers are friendly.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GIC Investments in March 2013.

Phone interview, numerical assessment, followed by two rounds of interviews. The first round of face to face interview is really to gauge a candidate's fit (expect questions on personality, aspirations, interests). The second interview is front a panel of senior managers who will ask questions on industry knowledge (e.g. why do you want to specialise in Real Estate?)

Interview Questions
    • Do you see any similarities between bond markets and real estate?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GIC Investments in February 2011.

applied the position online on the website of the company and then got e-mail to confirm interview time and place. 2 days before the interview i got a phone from the HR staff of the company to reconfirm i am still interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • why do you study human resource management even though you want to work as customer service provider?   Answer Question