GKN Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.9

Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cromwell, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GKN (Cromwell, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

First they took and reviewed my resume, after which they decided on scheduling an interview. During the interview I first met with HR and then with my potential supervisor along with another engineer within the Quality Department.

Interview Questions

• What course skills have you learned that you think will be implemented in this position?   Answer Question

Mfg Eng III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GKN (Wichita, KS) in December 2014.

Interview

Brief phone interview is all it was I went to St. Louis knowing next to nothing about the company, the job or what I would be doing. I took it on faith that things would work out. They gave me 24 hours to make a decision

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GKN in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process to 5 weeks. 1 week to set up interview and almost 4 to find out how you did. Information returned was minimal. I had to ask my contacts within the company as to the outcome. The hired an internal candidate for the position approx. 2 weeks before my interview, this leads me to believe my interview time was schedules to make the internal hire legitimized.

Interview Questions

• A panel discussion, I was asked to interview last minute and at 6PM in the evening. Extreme technical questions asked about friction welding and e-beam.   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GKN (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

Very unorganized, everyone showed up late after the meeting room was changed when the HR person who scheduled the meeting never secured the room on line. I waited 25min in the lobby after arriving 10 mins early

Interview Questions

• They only wanted to know if you work hard and can handle stress   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellington, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GKN (Wellington, KS).

Interview

1 phone interview, then onsite interview that lasted roughly 3 hours, in this interview I met with HR, 2 accountants, and the CFO, it then took a week for them to contact me with a job offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay rate was negotiable but not too much.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GKN.

Interview

I was called in after applying on my school's career site for a job fair with around 20 or 30 other students. They gave a presentation about the company and the positions open. We then were called in a few at a time by the respective departments. The interview itself was just one on one with the manager or engineer of the department.

Finance Director Interview

Interview

Interviewed for a position with GKN aerospace in St. Louis thru a retained searched firm. Had an interview w/ HR on the phone and then an on site interview in St. Louis. I made it to the final 4. After all interviews they went with an internal candidate. Frustrating..

Interview Questions

• Asked how to account for a transaction where the pricing has not been agreed upon by company and a customer. A little odd..   Answer Question

Cost Controller Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GKN in September 2013.

Interview

Extensive pre interview personality testing and qualification questionibg. Determine If you meet company's overall personality goals. Then questions about qualifications for approx 15 nins. Because owner personal friend interview was different.

Engineering Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GKN (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 interview in person. After this process offer was made.

Negotiation

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GKN (Garden Grove, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

The process stated as i met the manager, and he cussed at me for being professional, i.e. hello sir and his answer , Cut the beep out. from that the interview went down hill fast.

Interview Questions

• Question do you know what are Terms   1 Answer