GKN

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounting Intern Interview

Wellington, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GKN.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview, then onsite interview that lasted roughly 3 hours, in this interview I met with HR, 2 accountants, and the CFO, it then took a week for them to contact me with a job offer

Interview Question – All questions were basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay rate was negotiable but not too much.

Engineering Project Manager Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at GKN in April 2012.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews, 1 interview in person. After this process offer was made.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions just the basics.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 110000

Manufacturing Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GKN.

Interview Details – I was called in after applying on my school's career site for a job fair with around 20 or 30 other students. They gave a presentation about the company and the positions open. We then were called in a few at a time by the respective departments. The interview itself was just one on one with the manager or engineer of the department.

Interview Question – They were all behavioral.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Finance Director Interview

Interviewed at GKN

Interview Details – Interviewed for a position with GKN aerospace in St. Louis thru a retained searched firm. Had an interview w/ HR on the phone and then an on site interview in St. Louis. I made it to the final 4. After all interviews they went with an internal candidate. Frustrating..

Interview Question – Asked how to account for a transaction where the pricing has not been agreed upon by company and a customer. A little odd..   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Buyer Interview

Garden Grove, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at GKN in August 2010.

Interview Details – The process stated as i met the manager, and he cussed at me for being professional, i.e. hello sir and his answer , Cut the beep out.
from that the interview went down hill fast.

Interview Question – Question do you know what are Terms   View Answer

Quality Control Engineer Interview

Filton, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GKN in November 2011.

Interview Details – The job description and application deadline were advertised. Applied via email attaching application form, CV and covering letter. Received request for interview within a couple of weeks of submitting the application. One interview attended with two interviewers (both engineering managers). Offer received within a couple of weeks of attending the interview.

Interview Question – Name the suffixes used on concessions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary request was not met.

GKN Leadership Program Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GKN in April 2012.

Interview Details – t was good. I thought I did great but the program is so small that they cant recruit all the good candidates they interview.

Interview Question – Tell me a time u were a leader?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at GKN in October 2011.

Interview Details – .

Interview Question – After being asked to describe the difficulties faced when carrying out a project, the next question was to describe a complicated project and how I overcame the difficulties.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for GKN? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GKN interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by GKN employees and interview candidates.