GKN Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.8

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GKN in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process to 5 weeks. 1 week to set up interview and almost 4 to find out how you did. Information returned was minimal. I had to ask my contacts within the company as to the outcome. The hired an internal candidate for the position approx. 2 weeks before my interview, this leads me to believe my interview time was schedules to make the internal hire legitimized.

Interview Questions

• A panel discussion, I was asked to interview last minute and at 6PM in the evening. Extreme technical questions asked about friction welding and e-beam.   1 Answer

Mfg Eng III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GKN (Wichita, KS) in December 2014.

Interview

Brief phone interview is all it was I went to St. Louis knowing next to nothing about the company, the job or what I would be doing. I took it on faith that things would work out.
    They gave me 24 hours to make a decision

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GKN (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

Very unorganized, everyone showed up late after the meeting room was changed when the HR person who scheduled the meeting never secured the room on line. I waited 25min in the lobby after arriving 10 mins early

Interview Questions

• They only wanted to know if you work hard and can handle stress   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GKN (Wellington, KS).

Interview

1 phone interview, then onsite interview that lasted roughly 3 hours, in this interview I met with HR, 2 accountants, and the CFO, it then took a week for them to contact me with a job offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay rate was negotiable but not too much.

Manufacturing Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GKN.

Interview

I was called in after applying on my school's career site for a job fair with around 20 or 30 other students. They gave a presentation about the company and the positions open. We then were called in a few at a time by the respective departments. The interview itself was just one on one with the manager or engineer of the department.

Finance Director Interview

Interview

Interviewed for a position with GKN aerospace in St. Louis thru a retained searched firm. Had an interview w/ HR on the phone and then an on site interview in St. Louis. I made it to the final 4. After all interviews they went with an internal candidate. Frustrating..

Interview Questions

• Asked how to account for a transaction where the pricing has not been agreed upon by company and a customer. A little odd..   Answer Question

Engineering Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at GKN (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 interview in person. After this process offer was made.

Negotiation

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GKN (Garden Grove, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

The process stated as i met the manager, and he cussed at me for being professional, i.e. hello sir and his answer , Cut the beep out.
    from that the interview went down hill fast.

Interview Questions

• Question do you know what are Terms   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GKN (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

The process took approximately a month, I've send CV and cover Letter and couple days later got response. The interview was easy, it was approximately 30 minutes long. All questions were basic and asked about my personality. The interview was held by manager, technical accountant and previous year finance intern.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years ?
      What strengths do you have ?
      why are you better ?

Answer Question

Human Resources Placement Year Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GKN (Bristol, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online through my universities website which advertised vacancies; I sent an email and covering letter. I was then invited through to the interview stage and told it would involve a 1:1 interview and e-tray exercise. When I arrived, two of us were waiting to be interviewed - one completed the hour long e-tray exercise whilst I had my 1:1 interview, and then we swapped. It was friendly and relaxed, and I felt comfortable throughout. However, following the interview it took 3 months to hear anything back - and this was very poorly dealt with. I had been told i would hear back within 2 weeks; it took myself emailing multiple times/phoning up to eventually be asked if I wanted to come back and interview for a different role, by this point as the role was in HR I didn't feel they dealt with the recruitment process well, and it was not a company I wanted to work for.