GL Noble Denton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GL Noble Denton in May 2013.

Interview Details – Sent in resume with cover letter. Response was quick and HR department was polite and efficient. Phone interview first mostly non-technical. Then called in for onsite interview which was mostly nontechnical as well.

Interview Question – If you've clashed with a team member during development, explain what you did to overcome your differences to reach a solution   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation since it was just an internship.

BDM Interview

BDM
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GL Noble Denton.

Interview Details – Very long process.

Negotiation Details – NO negotiation, frowned upon

Graduate Safety and Risk Engineer Interview

Graduate Safety and Risk Engineer
Loughborough, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at GL Noble Denton in February 2014.

Interview Details – Initial online application including essay questions, CV, and cover letter.

Telephone interview 5-6 weeks after sending off application form. It began with an introduction and a bit about the company, and then asked the usual HR style questions (why DNV GL, why safety, what do you know about the company, etc), a lot on my degree and modules, a lot of emphasis on extracurriculars, and finally the scenario that has been described by others.

After receiving my invite to the assessment centre I had to complete psychometric tests, they were incredibly difficult (bear in mind I found most psychometrics for other companies reasonably easy), but everyone scores badly on them.

The assessment centre was a great experience, very well run and enjoyable. The HR interview was standard and the technical interview was just basic fire & explosion engineering as well as common sense. You also have to give a presentation, do a surprisingly fun group exercise, and an individual business case study.

I received an offer within a few days of the assessment centre.

Interview Question – What is the one thing your previous jobs have taught you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I absolutely loved the look of the work that was being done and the company from a professional/technical side, and the older staff were very friendly and agreeable, but I felt like the graduate culture was far from what I was looking for in a graduate job as they seemed more focused on telling us about the constant opportunities to drink mid-week rather than talking more about their work.

Graduate Engineering Program Interview

Graduate Engineering Program
Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GL Noble Denton in February 2013.

Interview Details – Online application, 45 min telephone interview, online psychometric tests, assessment centre (general and tech interview, group discussion, written exercise), results 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Some tricky engineering questions in technical interview   View Answer
  • You are waiting for a piece of information from a colleague to complete your work but he is no where to be seen and the deadline in imminent. Your boss asks for the work, what do you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Phone call 2 days later from the European recruitment manager detailing the contract and conditions verbally, very much a two way thing and very informal. Good chance to ask questions you didn't get a chance to at assessment centre. Formal welcome 2 weeks later by a supervisor in your future department.

Graduate Naval Architect Interview

Graduate Naval Architect
Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GL Noble Denton in January 2013.

Interview Details – Firstly there was a phone interview of around 45 mins asking about uni course and what attracted me to GL noble denton. This was then followed by an assessment centre consisting of a behavioural interview asking basic HR questions, a technical interview, a group case study and an individual case study.

Interview Question – If someone delivered work to you late which was needed for you to give a presentation to your boss what would you do?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I prefer another job.

Service Desk Interview

Service Desk

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at GL Noble Denton in September 2012.

Interview Details – Initial selection via an employment agency, normal CV application to the agency.
Fairly relaxed telephone interview with two people.
Final few face to face interview with same two people.
Were more concerned about telephone manner etc than IT knowledge.
No tests as such.

Interview Question – All the questions competency based, but not really anything unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate, with hindsight that may have been a mistake.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GL Noble Denton in March 2008.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the former General Manager, and within the next 2 days he confirmed me by phone I was accepted and had to attend office the following day.

Negotiation Details – I could not negotiate a good salary because I had been almost 4 months without work, so I had to take what they offered me, which was way below the regular salary for my position

JUNIOR AIMS ENGINEER Interview

JUNIOR AIMS ENGINEER
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at GL Noble Denton in August 2011.

Interview Details – The 1st question been ask is Tell me about yourself?
Then i told them about myself. Then the person who interview me told me that your salary is RM2500 & RM100 for your parking.

Interview Question – Can u finish work on time and if the work load is to much does that mind u?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for GL Noble Denton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GL Noble Denton interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by GL Noble Denton employees and interview candidates.