GL Noble Denton Interview Questions & Reviews

8 interviews

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mechanicsburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GL Noble Denton in May 2013.

Sent in resume with cover letter. Response was quick and HR department was polite and efficient. Phone interview first mostly non-technical. Then called in for onsite interview which was mostly nontechnical as well.

Interview Questions
    • If you've clashed with a team member during development, explain what you did to overcome your differences to reach a solution   View Answer
    No room for negotiation since it was just an internship.

BDM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GL Noble Denton.

Very long process.

NO negotiation, frowned upon

Graduate Safety and Risk Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Loughborough, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Loughborough, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at GL Noble Denton in February 2014.

Initial online application including essay questions, CV, and cover letter.

Telephone interview 5-6 weeks after sending off application form. It began with an introduction and a bit about the company, and then asked the usual HR style questions (why DNV GL, why safety, what do you know about the company, etc), a lot on my degree and modules, a lot of emphasis on extracurriculars, and finally the scenario that has been described by others.

After receiving my invite to the assessment centre I had to complete psychometric tests, they were incredibly difficult (bear in mind I found most psychometrics for other companies reasonably easy), but everyone scores badly on them.

The assessment centre was a great experience, very well run and enjoyable. The HR interview was standard and the technical interview was just basic fire & explosion engineering as well as common sense. You also have to give a presentation, do a surprisingly fun group exercise, and an individual business case study.

I received an offer within a few days of the assessment centre.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one thing your previous jobs have taught you?   Answer Question

I absolutely loved the look of the work that was being done and the company from a professional/technical side, and the older staff were very friendly and agreeable, but I felt like the graduate culture was far from what I was looking for in a graduate job as they seemed more focused on telling us about the constant opportunities to drink mid-week rather than talking more about their work.

Graduate Engineering Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GL Noble Denton in February 2013.

Online application, 45 min telephone interview, online psychometric tests, assessment centre (general and tech interview, group discussion, written exercise), results 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Some tricky engineering questions in technical interview   View Answer
    • You are waiting for a piece of information from a colleague to complete your work but he is no where to be seen and the deadline in imminent. Your boss asks for the work, what do you do?   View Answer
    Phone call 2 days later from the European recruitment manager detailing the contract and conditions verbally, very much a two way thing and very informal. Good chance to ask questions you didn't get a chance to at assessment centre. Formal welcome 2 weeks later by a supervisor in your future department.

Graduate Naval Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GL Noble Denton in January 2013.

Firstly there was a phone interview of around 45 mins asking about uni course and what attracted me to GL noble denton. This was then followed by an assessment centre consisting of a behavioural interview asking basic HR questions, a technical interview, a group case study and an individual case study.

Interview Questions
    • If someone delivered work to you late which was needed for you to give a presentation to your boss what would you do?   View Answer

I prefer another job.

Service Desk Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at GL Noble Denton in September 2012.

Initial selection via an employment agency, normal CV application to the agency.
    Fairly relaxed telephone interview with two people.
    Final few face to face interview with same two people.
    Were more concerned about telephone manner etc than IT knowledge.
    No tests as such.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions competency based, but not really anything unexpected.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate, with hindsight that may have been a mistake.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GL Noble Denton in March 2008.

I was interviewed by the former General Manager, and within the next 2 days he confirmed me by phone I was accepted and had to attend office the following day.

I could not negotiate a good salary because I had been almost 4 months without work, so I had to take what they offered me, which was way below the regular salary for my position

JUNIOR AIMS ENGINEER Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at GL Noble Denton in August 2011.

The 1st question been ask is Tell me about yourself?
    Then i told them about myself. Then the person who interview me told me that your salary is RM2500 & RM100 for your parking.

Interview Questions
    • Can u finish work on time and if the work load is to much does that mind u?   Answer Question

Worked for GL Noble Denton? Contribute to the Community!