GLG Partners

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Intern Interview

Research Intern
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GLG Partners.

Interview Details – Applied online. Process took about 3 weeks.
Had a phone interview.

Interview Question – 1. Was asked to give overview of resume and then expand on some portions.
2. Asked to describe the GLG business model.
3. Asked about a challenge I faced during my work history and how I reached a solution/goal.
4. Asked why I was interested in the position/what I hoped to gain
  Answer Question

Member Solutions Interview

Member Solutions

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GLG Partners.

Interview Details – I was contacted to set up a phone interview. The first interview was only about 20 minutes. They only wanted to know if you understood what their company is about. The following phone interviews where repetitive. How many time are you going to ask me to describe myself? They asked the same questions over and over. Do your research.

Interview Question – What are your three weaknesses?   Answer Question

Associate Program, Professional Services Firms Interview

Associate Program, Professional Services Firms
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GLG Partners.

Interview Details – Quick to respond. First round was behavioral questions. I asked a lot of questions about the company and answered basic question about my resume, past experiences.
A description of the position and role was provided.

Second round interview was very much the same as the first. I was asked to describe the roll as it was described to me and explain why I was a good candidate. I was also asked to explain why consultants might prefer the service to industry clients.

Interview Question – I was asked to explain why consultants might prefer the service to industry clients.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Director Interview

Director
Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online - interviewed at GLG Partners in September 2013.

Interview Details – Web Intervew

Interview Question – What is my pet's name   View Answer

Research Interview

Research

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at GLG Partners in January 2012.

Interview Details – An individual contacted me based on something I had written that he liked. We spoke for about 45 minutes, then he said he'd like me to speak with someone else who would give me compensation information & answer any further questions I might have. The other person, however, was very terse. He asked me almost no questions. He also provided so little information I was left wondering what the status of my application was. Now, it appears that the first individual believes I have come on board, but I literally wouldn't know how to do so if I had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The first individual has contacted me several times, but when I try to reach him, he is not there. He is, nonetheless, very anxious to have me on board and has said so several times. I am just scratching my head.

Worked for GLG Partners? Contribute to the Community!