GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Relevance Date Difficulty

Shift Engineer Interview

Shift Engineer

Interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Interview Details – Very simple interview for new college grad.
Basic questions about semiconductor physics ans fabrication. Phone interview 15-20 mins. followed by 3 two-panel interviews 45 mins each.

Phone interview was just a screening to get an idea about background and interests and info about the company.
In-person interviews: Questions about academic projects, research (if applicable). ICs basics and operation etc.

Equipment Engineer Technician Interview

Equipment Engineer Technician
Malta, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in April 2012.

Interview Details – Expect to be in que for months on end. Long battery of self assessment tests, along with very silly game of building wooden cars. Also expect a full day of interviews with multiple managers from different modules. Questions will vary and can be highly technical, to simple rapport building...most focus on 'soft skill' questions. Basically, you will be abused as a Technician, so they want to see how you handle being poked and prodded theoretically.

Interview Question – Almost any question that you ask the interviewer will be followed by a long thoughtful pause. Then the corporate machine language downloads and an answer comes out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Principal Member of Technical Staff
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview Details – I was recruited (probably through LinkedIn) because I had particular experience and skills sought by GF. After taking to a recruiter, I spoke with the hiring manager on the phone and then flew in for on-site interviews.

Negotiation Details – I held out until I got an offer good enough to leave my former employer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Equipment Engineer Interview

Equipment Engineer
Malta, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in June 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process took about a few months. First you have to apply though the correct "portal" as they call them online. Then about a week later i received an email to set up an appointment to take a sams test at some location outside the company. That test took about 3 hours. Then about two weeks later they arranged an interview at the companies location in malta. It had a group exercise where you had to work with the other people applying for the positions. Then I met with three different people a manager a engineer and a HR person. They go over your resume and ask you about your experience and what you thought about the group exercise.
Then you wait for an offer letter. If you accept it you need to get a physical, drug test, and a background investigation.

Interview Question – Tell me what you learned in school   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the offer was low but i was not sure if negotiations were possible so i accepted

Senior Technician Interview

Senior Technician
Malta, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in October 2012.

Interview Details – There was an initial testing process. This was followed by a group activity/interview. There were problem solving activities, leadership activities, and social activities that were observed by the interviewer. It was fun, and difficult. This was followed by an individual interview, which was low pressure and very conversational. Excellent process.

FSC Interview

FSC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview Details – First round was over the phone. Second round was on location. First half of the day was 3 30 minute interviews, tour of the facility, lunch, and a team building activity. Got a call back by the end of the week confirming I was hired.

Interview Question – Given a city, how many barbershops would you build?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Malta, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was typical, they used a behavioral interviewing style. They also asked technical questions that applied to the position I was interviewing for. They did not meet my expectations when I asked about how they felt about a workers needs. Meaning do they believe that making sure the needs of the employee are important to running a successful business. Also were not clear on how they solved root cause issues utilizing data or statistical tools. If a company does not value there employees and they solve problems by gut feel, red flags go up everywhere for me. I find that scenario leads to never understanding what the expectations are therefore never being able to meet those expectations.

Interview Question – All the questions were in line with behavioral interviewing.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because of the employee reviews after my investigation of the company and they did not meet my personal must have requirements during the interview.

Principal Technician Interview

Principal Technician
Malta, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in January 2010.

Interview Details – A mess, many emails, a couple of tests, 2 trips to Malta, and build toy cars. I talked to a rep on the phone and could not get calls back. Very frustrating.

Interview Question – Kept asking about a process i have never seen.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I should have negotiated better pay. Read this site reviews and be informed.

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer

Interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Interview Details – Most of the normal things, but assembling toy cars was more than a little strange. They are looking for team players, so if you take the lead, you have just saved yourself from getting a job offer. After working here, I have wished that I had taken the lead. Unless you really need a job, keep looking. The reviews on this site are for real.

Interview Question – Not much other than the usual questions   Answer Question

Manufacturing Systems Manager Interview

Manufacturing Systems Manager
Malta, NY

I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in March 2014.

Interview Details – Not as technical as you would think. Really just a conversation with a few managers concerning my experience. Long on-line test that actually was pretty good. The contact form the HR department was pretty spotty post offer and understanding process.

Interview Question – Tell me about your work style and how it will complement Globalfoundres?   Answer Question

Worked for GLOBALFOUNDRIES? Contribute to the Community!