GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Malta, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was typical, they used a behavioral interviewing style. They also asked technical questions that applied to the position I was interviewing for. They did not meet my expectations when I asked about how they felt about a workers needs. Meaning do they believe that making sure the needs of the employee are important to running a successful business. Also were not clear on how they solved root cause issues utilizing data or statistical tools. If a company does not value there employees and they solve problems by gut feel, red flags go up everywhere for me. I find that scenario leads to never understanding what the expectations are therefore never being able to meet those expectations.

Interview Question – All the questions were in line with behavioral interviewing.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because of the employee reviews after my investigation of the company and they did not meet my personal must have requirements during the interview.

Principal Technician Interview

Principal Technician
Malta, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in January 2010.

Interview Details – A mess, many emails, a couple of tests, 2 trips to Malta, and build toy cars. I talked to a rep on the phone and could not get calls back. Very frustrating.

Interview Question – Kept asking about a process i have never seen.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I should have negotiated better pay. Read this site reviews and be informed.

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer

Interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Interview Details – Most of the normal things, but assembling toy cars was more than a little strange. They are looking for team players, so if you take the lead, you have just saved yourself from getting a job offer. After working here, I have wished that I had taken the lead. Unless you really need a job, keep looking. The reviews on this site are for real.

Interview Question – Not much other than the usual questions   Answer Question

Manufacturing Systems Manager Interview

Manufacturing Systems Manager
Malta, NY

I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in March 2014.

Interview Details – Not as technical as you would think. Really just a conversation with a few managers concerning my experience. Long on-line test that actually was pretty good. The contact form the HR department was pretty spotty post offer and understanding process.

Interview Question – Tell me about your work style and how it will complement Globalfoundres?   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer
Malta, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in May 2012.

Interview Details – Personality test was online and was basic questions. you also take a practical test working with others to see how you interact and use other peoples ideas. After that you take a skills tests hand eye coordination, math questions, memory exercises, speed test where you monitor a gauges and have to click a button to maintain a certain level in a gauge. A full physical and a drug test was done also. Had one on one with 4 separate managers, then they send a package to your house with a base pay amount.

Interview Question – working knowledge of transisters   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate

Principal Engineer Process Engineering Interview

Principal Engineer Process Engineering
Malta, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in May 2014.

Interview Details – GLOBALFOUNDRIES was tough but courteous during the interview. They were upfront about the challenges at work, the long hours and the possibility of being called in on weekends. They also emphasized that the more closely you worked with other engineers and technicians, the better one's workload could be handled.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was- tell us about a difficult situation you have encountered at work in the past and about how you handled it.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Albany, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in January 2012.

Interview Details – It tkes a long time to get the on site interview process fixed. Done health & drug test twice, but may be it is unusual after discuss to colleagues. Have to go through the interview with different people in half day.

Interview Question – Why you are leaving your previous companies.   Answer Question

Module Shift Manager Interview

Module Shift Manager
Malta, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in August 2012.

Interview Details – half day of interviews with key stake holders

Interview Question – Nothing stands out as exceptionally difficult or unexpected   View Answer

Negotiation Details – e-mails with HR and hiring manager, salary survey information is good to have in all salary negotiations.

Principal Technician Interview

Principal Technician

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview Details – 8 hour process, but only 1 hour of face to face time. The rest is a series of personality and skill tests.

Interview Question – Do you know how to use this software that is only used at our site?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They lowball everyone. Hold out for more. You need to negotiate your pay. The relocation package is taxed, so expect half of it on your first check. You have to move yourself. That part sucks.

Principal Equipment Engineer Interview

Principal Equipment Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews at a job fair. then a phone interview with module people. They rang me the next day to confirm but then took months to send an offer.

Interview Question – interview was behavioral based with zero technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not able to negotiate

Interviews for Top Jobs at GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Worked for GLOBALFOUNDRIES? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GLOBALFOUNDRIES interview questions and advice. All 130 interview reviews posted anonymously by GLOBALFOUNDRIES employees and interview candidates.