GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Getting the Interview

122 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview Details – 8 hour process, but only 1 hour of face to face time. The rest is a series of personality and skill tests.

Interview Question – Do you know how to use this software that is only used at our site?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They lowball everyone. Hold out for more. You need to negotiate your pay. The relocation package is taxed, so expect half of it on your first check. You have to move yourself. That part sucks.

Principal Equipment Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews at a job fair. then a phone interview with module people. They rang me the next day to confirm but then took months to send an offer.

Interview Question – interview was behavioral based with zero technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not able to negotiate

WFT Interview

Malta, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in October 2011.

Interview Details – First took online assessment test. Then scheduled for a full day of testing, interview, and team building exercise. After a full background check and physical and drug test, was offered position. No idea what module or shift until 3 day of orientation.

Interview Question – None. I applied for a different position. Wasn't aware I was being interviewed for WFT until ME told me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Contacted by outside vendor - not HR rep.

Maintenance Tech Interview

Interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Interview Details – It was the strangest process I have ever seen.
Ridiculous online computer test, to assembling wooden cars in a room full of other candidates.

Interview Question – The real questions were pretty much the standard.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Shift Engineer Interview

Malta, NY

I applied online - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in July 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview then onsite interview

Interview Question – Describe hands on hobbies   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

East Fishkill, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in April 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview -> onsite interview -> offer

Interview Question – What is the best thing I've done in current workplace   Answer Question

Wafer Fab Technician (WFT) Interview

Malta, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for a Procurement position. I was called in for a full day interview. Computer test, group team building exercise and interview. I was interviewed by an ME (Manufacturing Engineer) who was fresh out of college, who's only job was Apple-bees. Only then was I told that I was being interviewed for a WFT position. He claimed this was a foot in the door to gain Fab experience and I could move up quickly within GF based on my work experience. That was not a true statement.

Interview Question – Difficult because I was interviewed for a position other than the one I applied for. Other than that, it was a very simple process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation at all. When asked if I was being considered for the position I applied for I received a "take it or leave it" answer.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Malta, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview Details – They contact me by email and text messages. It's a 10min phone interview. Most questions are based on the resume.

Interview Question – 1.What's the materials for transition gates?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Interview Details – Very simple interview. Basic questions. No technical questions were asked. People seemed very nice and open.

Interview Question – all were very normal   Answer Question

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Principal Member of Technical Staff

Interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Interview Details – So... It was a while ago but whole thing was a sham! At that time manager could not even keep 1st interview appointment and I had to call them to reschedule. Should have paid attention to the signs, huh?

Negotiation Details – Sadly i was duped into believing i will be making any difference and be treated as someone. DOH! Joke is on me - Never was!!!

Interviews for Top Jobs at GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Worked for GLOBALFOUNDRIES? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GLOBALFOUNDRIES interview questions and advice. All 122 interview reviews posted anonymously by GLOBALFOUNDRIES employees and interview candidates.