GLOBALFOUNDRIES Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.8

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

They bring interviewees in on Fridays. Usually there are three thirty minute interviews, one with an HR person, one with an engineer, and one with a manager.

The manager who interviewed me was cold and in a bad mood. I asked him how he was and he replied "eeeehhhhh," as if to say he wasn't doing so well.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I had one on-site interview, 30 minutes, with four people from the team I would be joining, including one person who was my initial email contact. They responded with an offer within 3-4 days. The interview itself was very fast-paced, with interviewers shooting questions at me quickly after I answered a previous question. They also built on each others' questions and statements, allowing me to only ask one quick question. Additionally, one person in particularly (who will be my direct supervisor) seemed very keen on describing the benefits of the job in my career and teaching me real-world skills, as though he was selling me the job.

Equipment Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview

Effective, efficient, well organized and professional, the interview process was done very well. There was a series of interviews, which were roughly 35-40 min in length and done non-stop for several hours. They interviewers were a fair sampling of HR personnel, process engineers, experience managers and experienced equipment engineers. Prepare to test your bladder!

Interview Questions

• Six Sigma experience and examples of tools used to resolve problems with equipment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The compensation package offer was more than expected, they are very serious about obtaining talented people and make legitimate offers from the start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

On site interview. Very casual and comfortable. Received a brief tour of the facilities from HR and then had two, 1:1 interviews in the cafeteria.

Was very pleased with the overall experience and really enjoyed the atmosphere and culture I picked up in the interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't try to negotiate, was happy with offer.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The worst interview I have ever experienced. Nobody was expecting me, I was left alone without anyone checking on me, no lunch was offered, etc. Preparations were very unprofessional.

Offices seem new, but are very run down and messy. You can sense a lack of pride and the morale problems written about in the company reviews.

Poor first impression

Interview Questions

• There were several questions about my background and technical knowledge   1 Answer
    • Not exactly sure what the HR guy was doing. He asked mostly general questions with little follow up   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Troy, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call from HR to interview with GlobalFoundries for their Photolithography Intern position. I ended up interviewing with two people on the other line: the HR person and the engineering supervisor. All the questions were behavioral, and they mostly asked questions concerning my resume.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewers and HR are ridiculously unprofessional: 1. while HR ask for expected salary, she has to mention they have another candidate in 3 weeks, very interesting and not confident 2. hiring manager is super nice at first sight, as he only ask very simple technical question. But he did not provide a stage to have the candidate show his talent in his way. 3. Another manager is interesting also, he asked a lot of tough questions and humiliate candidates, but all those questions are his area and not related to the job responsibilities. Are you show off your techniques to candidates?! 4. Another manager, he interrogated candidates and challenged your good temper. Asked a lot of UN-related questions. Many of them are personal, many of them are looking for other company's classified information. all Stupid managers!
    After interviews, never replied to you. Very rude and stupid! They basically tended to hire PhD to do work which was done by technicians in my current employer, and managers are proud of that quite well!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY).

Interview

Applications are submitted through the Global Foundries Job website. The interview process happened in two stages, first a phone screening interview. Second an in person interview separately with an HR representative, an engineer, and a manager.

Interview Questions

• Do you do any sort of hands, mechanical experience?   1 Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY).

Interview

Only phone interview by reviewing resume, there's no other items. Interviewer asked me items he like to know and checked against resume. No non technical questions were asked. Just go through line by line written in my resume from the first company till last company. and most of questions were very straight forward. He already have some position in his mind prior to interview with me.

Interview Questions

• no such a Most Difficult or Unexpected Question   1 Answer

Negotiation

no room for nego, most of them are fixed

TDYE CFM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Good interview, be confident , know your basics of VLSI well.
    MAnager starts the interview, total 6 memebers interview .
    They would want to know how you are able to cop up with work given in a hectic enviornment.