GLOBALFOUNDRIES Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.9

SMTS Technology and Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in September 2014.

Phone interview with 4 persons including HR

Shift Engineer Interview

Very simple interview for new college grad.
    Basic questions about semiconductor physics ans fabrication. Phone interview 15-20 mins. followed by 3 two-panel interviews 45 mins each.

Phone interview was just a screening to get an idea about background and interests and info about the company.
    In-person interviews: Questions about academic projects, research (if applicable). ICs basics and operation etc.

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

I was recruited (probably through LinkedIn) because I had particular experience and skills sought by GF. After taking to a recruiter, I spoke with the hiring manager on the phone and then flew in for on-site interviews.

I held out until I got an offer good enough to leave my former employer.

FSC Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

First round was over the phone. Second round was on location. First half of the day was 3 30 minute interviews, tour of the facility, lunch, and a team building activity. Got a call back by the end of the week confirming I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Given a city, how many barbershops would you build?   View Answer
    None

Principal Engineer Interview

Most of the normal things, but assembling toy cars was more than a little strange. They are looking for team players, so if you take the lead, you have just saved yourself from getting a job offer. After working here, I have wished that I had taken the lead. Unless you really need a job, keep looking. The reviews on this site are for real.

Equipment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in June 2014.

The hiring process took about a few months. First you have to apply though the correct "portal" as they call them online. Then about a week later i received an email to set up an appointment to take a sams test at some location outside the company. That test took about 3 hours. Then about two weeks later they arranged an interview at the companies location in malta. It had a group exercise where you had to work with the other people applying for the positions. Then I met with three different people a manager a engineer and a HR person. They go over your resume and ask you about your experience and what you thought about the group exercise.
    Then you wait for an offer letter. If you accept it you need to get a physical, drug test, and a background investigation.

Interview Questions
    the offer was low but i was not sure if negotiations were possible so i accepted

Principal Engineer Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in May 2014.

GLOBALFOUNDRIES was tough but courteous during the interview. They were upfront about the challenges at work, the long hours and the possibility of being called in on weekends. They also emphasized that the more closely you worked with other engineers and technicians, the better one's workload could be handled.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was- tell us about a difficult situation you have encountered at work in the past and about how you handled it.   View Answer

Principal Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

8 hour process, but only 1 hour of face to face time. The rest is a series of personality and skill tests.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how to use this software that is only used at our site?   Answer Question
    They lowball everyone. Hold out for more. You need to negotiate your pay. The relocation package is taxed, so expect half of it on your first check. You have to move yourself. That part sucks.

Principal Equipment Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Multiple interviews at a job fair. then a phone interview with module people. They rang me the next day to confirm but then took months to send an offer.

Interview Questions
    • interview was behavioral based with zero technical questions.   Answer Question
    not able to negotiate

Maintenance Tech Interview

It was the strangest process I have ever seen.
    Ridiculous online computer test, to assembling wooden cars in a room full of other candidates.

Interview Questions

Worked for GLOBALFOUNDRIES? Contribute to the Community!