GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.9

Equipment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

I applied online – interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Applications are submitted through the Global Foundries Job website. The interview process happened in two stages, first a phone screening interview. Second an in person interview separately with an HR representative, an engineer, and a manager.

Interview Questions
    • Do you do any sort of hands, mechanical experience?   View Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Only phone interview by reviewing resume, there's no other items. Interviewer asked me items he like to know and checked against resume. No non technical questions were asked. Just go through line by line written in my resume from the first company till last company. and most of questions were very straight forward. He already have some position in his mind prior to interview with me.

Interview Questions
    • no such a Most Difficult or Unexpected Question   View Answer
    no room for nego, most of them are fixed

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

4 phases of interview - phone and on-site; Good breadth. Variety of people from process to design to marketing to general management. Very slow to move from one phase of the interview to the next.

Government Relations Interview

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

I applied for the position and received a phone call about two months later. Unfortunately, it went to voicemail. The HR representative left her name and number, said she had a few questions for me and asked me to call her back. About two hours later I was available to call and I left a message. I left a second message a few days later. No response. I found this to be extremely rude and unprofessional. If they are simply moving on to the next candidate when they don't get an answer, then don't leave a message.

Interview Questions
    • We want to know if you're still interested in the position.   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Group activity that included building cars. Success depends on the personality of the group and paying attention to details. Three interviews. Each 30 minutes long. Good people and very hospitable.

Interview Questions
    • Please analyze your groups performance in the group activity.   View Answer

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in September 2014.

Interview on site was disorganized. The front receptionist was unfriendly. There were multiple interviewers, conducted separately. Several interviewers seemed uninterested in the process. One kept looking at his watch. Two were late. The last interview, with HR representative was unprofessional. Received standard thanks but no thanks email about a week after interview.

SMTS Technology and Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in September 2014.

Phone interview with 4 persons including HR

Shift Engineer Interview

Very simple interview for new college grad.
    Basic questions about semiconductor physics ans fabrication. Phone interview 15-20 mins. followed by 3 two-panel interviews 45 mins each.

Phone interview was just a screening to get an idea about background and interests and info about the company.
    In-person interviews: Questions about academic projects, research (if applicable). ICs basics and operation etc.

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

I was recruited (probably through LinkedIn) because I had particular experience and skills sought by GF. After taking to a recruiter, I spoke with the hiring manager on the phone and then flew in for on-site interviews.

I held out until I got an offer good enough to leave my former employer.

FSC Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

First round was over the phone. Second round was on location. First half of the day was 3 30 minute interviews, tour of the facility, lunch, and a team building activity. Got a call back by the end of the week confirming I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Given a city, how many barbershops would you build?   View Answer
    None