GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.7

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

They contact me by email and text messages. It's a 10min phone interview. Most questions are based on the resume.

Interview Questions
  • 1.What's the materials for transition gates?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GLOBALFOUNDRIES

3 rounds phone interview and 1 on-site interview

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

After one of my colleagues passed around my resume to someone he knew at GF, I got a call within a week or two. We had a 30 minute phone interview, followed a few weeks later by a 2 hour on site interview. The in person interview had different groups of people, including the division manager, followed by other people in the group.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a detailed step in the chip fabrication process to me as if I do not already know what it is...How do you deal with conflicts in the workplace?...What do you consider to be a successful day at work?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I met the company representatives on a career fair and submitted my resume at that event. I was contacted later for an on-site interview. The interview was with the people of the same department. Questions were more about my past experience and how I solved problems in my past experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Need to make slides and prepare for a presentation. Got interrupted a lot of times during presentation and got a lot of tech questions about the slides. Very detail questions. And they want answers from real industry, not from textbook.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in November 2012.

Got onsite interview through internal referral.
    Interviewed by three people, two senior engineer and one HR.
    Behavioral questions and others based on resume.
    Nothing unexpected. As I am not EE or ME major, they did not ask anything about that but kind of doubt my capability during the interview in the first round.
    Got the offer 6 weeks later.

Non negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in October 2012.

I went to their career session they hold for new college graduate, the CFM group was intested in me and came to talk to me for a long time, 2 members and 1 manager of the group, then HR. I wasn't expecting this interview, thought it was just an information session to take resumes. they asked technical questions. after a few days I got an onsite invitation, half an hour. no offer afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • talk about different brand of SEM for defect inspection, technical details   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in October 2012.

Had a phone interview which lasted for approximately 30 min. After 3 weeks, got an onsite interview invitation.

Had 5 rounds of interviews for approximately 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Everything was asked based on the experience and your past work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in August 2012.

I got a phone interview from HR, it lasted for 30 mins. Then a week later I got a call for onsite interview at Malta NY. It lasted for 2 hours, 4 people 30 mins each. They dealt mainly with topics that I mentioned in my resume. It went well.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, accepted the offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballston Lake, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballston Lake, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in August 2012.

I received an employee referral. I had two interviews one with a senior HR specialist and the other with the Manager of the engineering team in which I would be on. The interview with the HR representative was very nice and sent positive vibes it prepared me mentally for the more technical interview with manager of the engineering team and his head cohorts. I felt like this interview was good however I have not received an offer so maybe I did not fit in with the culture of the company which was one that required its engineers to be dedicated to work long hours. Still waiting but I think its a no

Interview Questions
    • My background is not one that is considered electrical engineering so one of the interviewees grilled me on electrical engineering concepts.   Answer Question