GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Getting the Interview

23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Malta, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview Details – They contact me by email and text messages. It's a 10min phone interview. Most questions are based on the resume.

Interview Question – 1.What's the materials for transition gates?   View Answer

Interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Interview Details – 3 rounds phone interview and 1 on-site interview

Interview Question – Technical questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Malta, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in August 2009.

Interview Details – Just a phonecall interview. They were that desperate.
There're more skunk here in Malta than human

Interview Question – When can you start?   View Answer

Process Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview Details – After one of my colleagues passed around my resume to someone he knew at GF, I got a call within a week or two. We had a 30 minute phone interview, followed a few weeks later by a 2 hour on site interview. The in person interview had different groups of people, including the division manager, followed by other people in the group.

Interview Question – Explain a detailed step in the chip fabrication process to me as if I do not already know what it is...How do you deal with conflicts in the workplace?...What do you consider to be a successful day at work?   Answer Question

Interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Interview Details – I met the company representatives on a career fair and submitted my resume at that event. I was contacted later for an on-site interview. The interview was with the people of the same department. Questions were more about my past experience and how I solved problems in my past experience.

Interview Question – Why globalfoundries? Why this position?   Answer Question

Malta, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in November 2012.

Interview Details – Got onsite interview through internal referral.
Interviewed by three people, two senior engineer and one HR.
Behavioral questions and others based on resume.
Nothing unexpected. As I am not EE or ME major, they did not ask anything about that but kind of doubt my capability during the interview in the first round.
Got the offer 6 weeks later.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. All resume based.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiation.

PROCESS ENGINEER Interview

Malta, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in October 2012.

Interview Details – I went to their career session they hold for new college graduate, the CFM group was intested in me and came to talk to me for a long time, 2 members and 1 manager of the group, then HR. I wasn't expecting this interview, thought it was just an information session to take resumes. they asked technical questions. after a few days I got an onsite invitation, half an hour. no offer afterwards.

Interview Question – talk about different brand of SEM for defect inspection, technical details   Answer Question

Malta, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview Details – Need to make slides and prepare for a presentation. Got interrupted a lot of times during presentation and got a lot of tech questions about the slides. Very detail questions. And they want answers from real industry, not from textbook.

Interview Question – Knowledge from textbook is way from enough.   Answer Question

Malta, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in August 2012.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview from HR, it lasted for 30 mins. Then a week later I got a call for onsite interview at Malta NY. It lasted for 2 hours, 4 people 30 mins each. They dealt mainly with topics that I mentioned in my resume. It went well.

Interview Question – Something related to my work experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, accepted the offer

Malta, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in October 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview which lasted for approximately 30 min. After 3 weeks, got an onsite interview invitation.

Had 5 rounds of interviews for approximately 3 hours.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Everything was asked based on the experience and your past work.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GLOBALFOUNDRIES

Worked for GLOBALFOUNDRIES? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GLOBALFOUNDRIES Process Engineer interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by GLOBALFOUNDRIES employees and interview candidates.