GLOBALFOUNDRIES Senior Process Technician Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Malta, NY
Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in June 2012.

Applied online and received an e-mail from one of the HR reps a few days later. I was instructed to take the SAM (Skills Assessment) Test which I did a few days later. The next day I received an e-mail informing me that I passed and then about a week later an onsite interview was set up. They provided flight, hotel stay, and car. First segment was an HR presentation where it seemed like they were trying to sell you on working there. Second part was a group exercise where they are assessing you ability to work with others. And then finally two 1:1 interviews with two section managers. Interviews were pretty technical - mostly asking questions about my experience and about the job and process area for which I applied. The interviews were pretty casual and not intimidating like I have experienced at other companies. A few days later I received an offer and replied with a counter-offer which was denied. I declined to accept the offer.

Interview Questions
  • You are currently employed. Why are you applying to GF?   View Answer
  • How much butter is consumed per year in the US?   View Answer

I am currently employed in a lower cost-of-living and non-state-income-tax state and the higher costs did not make aceepting the offer feasible even though it was a higher pay rate than what I am currently making.

Worked for GLOBALFOUNDRIES? Contribute to the Community!