GM Canada

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Controls Engineer Interview

Oshawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at GM Canada in August 2010.

Interview Details – 2 on one interview - then switched to another 2 on one. Each pair was a good-guy bad guy type interview

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at GM Canada.

Interview Details – Lady from HR in Detroit called and asked generic HR questions.
Next step was that she would forward the application to the Ingersoll office and they will schedule another interview. I tried to follow up by calling her but she did not reply and have not heard from them since.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in GM?
What skills can you bring to the position?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assembler Interview

Oshawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GM Canada in March 2010.

Interview Details – Hire process was short and only included an online application. When this was completed I got a call to start work on a specific day

Negotiation Details – was not any

Software Engineer Interview

Oshawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GM Canada.

Interview Details – Applied for the position on GM website. Got a call about a month later, and got an onsite interview within 2 weeks of the phone call. Met with 2 hiring managers. The interviewers were cordial and respectful. Most of the questions were behavioral and based on the STAR technique. They showed me the facility later, which was pretty cool. Interview lasted about 45 mins and then they took me on a tour. It has been about 2 months since I heard from them and the position on the GM site says filled, so I guess I didn't get it. I wish they had notified me, considering I drove 3 hrs to interview with them. But overall, good experience.

Interview Question – Tell me of a time you worked on a difficult project, how did you go about resolving it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Controls Engineer Interview

Oshawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GM Canada in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process consists of two rounds, first round was more behavioural, questions included, Give example of how you resolved a team conflict, Example of how did you make a contribution to the group, and example of how you went out of the way to improve something.
Second round is also similar with a little bit more technical. A technical engineer also takes part along with the manager.

Interview Question – Example of a significant contribution to the group   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Junior CAD Technician Interview

Oshawa, ON (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at GM Canada in January 2008.

Interview Details – They asked ridiculous "behavioural" questions like what would you do if a dog began eating your dinner at the table.

Interview Question – Do you anger easily, or do you yell alot   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for GM Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GM Canada interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by GM Canada employees and interview candidates.