GM Canada Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2014
6 interviews

2.0

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oshawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online - interviewed at GM Canada in August 2010.

2 on one interview - then switched to another 2 on one. Each pair was a good-guy bad guy type interview

Process Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at GM Canada.

Lady from HR in Detroit called and asked generic HR questions.
    Next step was that she would forward the application to the Ingersoll office and they will schedule another interview. I tried to follow up by calling her but she did not reply and have not heard from them since.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in GM?
      What skills can you bring to the position?
        Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oshawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GM Canada in March 2010.

Hire process was short and only included an online application. When this was completed I got a call to start work on a specific day

was not any

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GM Canada.

Applied for the position on GM website. Got a call about a month later, and got an onsite interview within 2 weeks of the phone call. Met with 2 hiring managers. The interviewers were cordial and respectful. Most of the questions were behavioral and based on the STAR technique. They showed me the facility later, which was pretty cool. Interview lasted about 45 mins and then they took me on a tour. It has been about 2 months since I heard from them and the position on the GM site says filled, so I guess I didn't get it. I wish they had notified me, considering I drove 3 hrs to interview with them. But overall, good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time you worked on a difficult project, how did you go about resolving it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at GM Canada in March 2011.

Interview process consists of two rounds, first round was more behavioural, questions included, Give example of how you resolved a team conflict, Example of how did you make a contribution to the group, and example of how you went out of the way to improve something.
    Second round is also similar with a little bit more technical. A technical engineer also takes part along with the manager.

Junior CAD Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at GM Canada in January 2008.

They asked ridiculous "behavioural" questions like what would you do if a dog began eating your dinner at the table.

Interview Questions
    • Do you anger easily, or do you yell alot   View Answer

Worked for GM Canada? Contribute to the Community!