GM Financial Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.8

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GM Financial (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

A fantastic company with very professional and well organized HR Staff. The HR staff was very well prepared and communicated throughout the process. The hiring manager was knowledgeable, approachable and was a quick thinker. His questions were valid and pertinent to the role and showed his command of the industry. He also developed a unique assignment for applicants that could help them demonstrate their skills.

Interview Questions

• What are your 5 to 10 year career goals and how does this job help you achieve them?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GM Financial (Arlington, TX).

Interview

Pretty standard questions. Interview with 2 & 3 managers. They pretty much read off a sheet with similar questions. Not really that difficult. I wasn't stump by any of the questions.

It's is clear they don't value talent with higher education or ambition to want to excel and grow.

Received notice they enjoyed interviewing with me, however, even after being told I would receive a contact once they make a decision I am still left waiting on the outcome. Sent an email update & a phone call, but they clearly lack the common courtesy to keep you informed on the status of their decision. Everyone's time is valuable.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the project management process?

Who is your motivation?

Why did you chose GM or this position?

Answer Question

ACF Senior Credit Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GM Financial (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I recieved a call from GMF to set a meeting. I was interviewed by 2 managers and later a third one. It took no more than 45 minutes and it was very cordial

Interview Questions

• In your previous possition, what was the most difucult task? how did you manage to solve it?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GM Financial (Arlington, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted by the corporate recruiter for face to face. Hiring manager and lead on team conducted the interview. Felt like a good cop / bad cop approach as one was much tougher than the other. Had applied for perm position which company later decided to fill with contractors. I'm not interested in a contract position.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to stay current in your field?   Answer Question
    • If you overheard a conversation about a project that you were on, and a decision was made to move forward with an approach that you knew would not work, what would you do?   Answer Question

Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GM Financial (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone interview then was called again for an in person interview with 2 people. Not at all friendly. Seemed to be seeing my resume for the 1st time. Manager couldn't really explain the specifics of the job to be. Seem disorganized. No processes in place. Followed up with recruiter 2 weeks later and she did not return my phone calls or respond to my emails. Do not waste your time interviewing here.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where your manager didn't agree with the way you handled something.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GM Financial (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a 3rd party agency. Within about 3 days I received a call from a sr recruiter from GM Financial. She indicated that she wanted to go further in depth with my resume.

Interview Questions

• How many requisitions did I handle?   1 Answer
    • How many managers did I work with   1 Answer

Funding Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GM Financial.

Interview

I applied online. The entire process from application to offer took about 2 weeks. I was first phone screened by a recruiter and then invited for an interview later that week with two hiring managers. During the interview I was asked a set of about 8 behavioral questions. Afterwards, I was given the opportunity to ask them any questions. The interview took about 45 minutes. I heard back from the company a week later.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was to recall a time when you missed a deadline, and describe how you handled it.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at GM Financial in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a week or two later where the recruiter asked pretty standard pre-interview questions to see if I was a good fit. Recruiter was very nice and easy to talk to, no intimidation. Then was told I would be contacted for in person interview. In person interview was about a week later. Met with a couple managers and the VP of the department. Interview wasn't hard... but wasn't exactly easy. My business understanding of balance sheets etc helped me round out the questions I wasn't very strong on. A couple of the people I interviewed with were a little intimidating, but that's expected at a professional organization. After the interview was told I would be contacted. Two weeks passed with out anything; I sent an email to the recruiter following up. She called me the next day and I was offered the position. Overall a positive experience but the process seemed to just kind of drag on...

Interview Questions

• Be prepared with typical interview questions, "What can you bring to us?" etc. as well as any information specific to the role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but pay is good and there is a bonus structure.

Buyer II Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GM Financial in October 2014.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, then I was called into a in person interview. The interviewers were very friendly and they went through my resume piece by piece. After they had me take an excel test. I was not called back for the final interview.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GM Financial (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

I found out about this position by applying with a local staffing agency and thought it might be a good fit. The interview was set up and I showed up at the appointed time. I was asked a series of questions regarding my past experiences and scenarios. Standard interview questions. However, one of my answers was humorous to the one or the interviewers and she covered her mouth as she looked at the other manager writing down what I said. I knew them, that I probably didn't get the job. What a joke and complete waste of time. My time.