GM Financial Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.9

Financial Analyst II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GM Financial.

Contacted to set up a phone interview, was almost exactly 30 minutes long. Then set up a panel interview for the following week. The interview was not rapid fire or high intensity. It was basic interview/resume questions. The atmosphere was somewhat laid back. GM Financial seems to pride itself on looking for potential employees that will find into their culture.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you improperly communicated something.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Telephone, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

I applied online - interviewed at GM Financial in May 2014.

After submitting resume and completing application I was contacted by a company recruiter. She conducted a telephone interview with me. She was very professional and courteous. The process did not proceed beyond the telephone interview.

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at GM Financial in October 2013.

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter about 3 weeks later. The phone interview, with the recruiter, lasted about 30 minutes and we set up the onsite interview at the end of the call. I then did an onsite interview with the team manager that lasted about an hour and consisted of behavioral questions. Once the interview was over the recruiter reach out to me and gave me a website where I could complete an excel test and a skills test. Once the two tests were finished, each one took about 30 mins, the recruiter setup an interview with the VP of finance. This final interview also lasted about an hour and he asked two different behavioral questions and we just talked about life for the duration of the hour. Ultimately I was not chosen for the position and had I not called the recruiter about 10 days later I never would have heard back from GM Financial.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult be prepared to answer a lot of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GM Financial in January 2014.

Originally contacted by a recruiter through phone, The recruiter set in initial phone screening to ensure I would be adequate for the position. Once I passed she set a phone interview with the hiring manager. Really down to earth, It didn't seem to me that the hiring manager was asking any scripted behavioral questions. Just told me about the positions, asked questions related to the skills I listed on my resume, gave me a skills test which was relatively simple (should them I wasn't lying about my programming experience) and then left time for me to ask questions. From there I got a phone call from my recruiter to schedule an onsite interview. They flew me out, put me in a hotel and gave me a rental call. Had multiple interviews with several different managers so they could all get a feel for me. This round of interviews did have scripted behavioral questions. A couple questions from each interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you ensure the analysis you complete is accurate?   Answer Question
    No need to negotiate, quite competitive

Senior .NET Developer, Hoang Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at GM Financial in February 2014.

I went through Equity staffing and was told that if I just went there, it'd be a shoe in. I hesitated because of the weather, but drove the two hours. I met with a manager and a team-member. As they came through the lobby door, I could see they had just printed my resume and were trying to get the pages in order and maybe read it. But as it turns out, they were totally unprepared, knew nothing about me, and didn't even bother to read my resume that they had just printed out a few seconds ago.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked on any user-interfaces?   View Answer

Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at GM Financial.

Very strong and detailed about role

Interview Questions
    • Technical situational survey and concept test questionss; very detailed   Answer Question
    not applicable

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at GM Financial in December 2012.

The interview is very straightforward, they ask general situation questions ex: when you went above and beyond your job and what unique thing you have to offer etc.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any. The main part about getting the job was have a Bachelor's degree, that is all. Very high turnover.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GM Financial in December 2012.

i was hired by them but worked through an contractor company and if they like you in 90 days they will bring you aboard in 90 days and the interview process was simple and just an few detailed questions but nothing really major

Interview Questions
    they only had part time avail i needed an job so i accepted it but will patiently wait until im offered an full time position unless i get an better offer

Bilingual Administrative Assistant (English and Spanish) Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at GM Financial in March 2011.

VP ITS and Senior Business Systems Analyst interview about work experience.

Interview Questions
    • None. I like the professionalism of them and the easy going process.   Answer Question

Worked for GM Financial? Contribute to the Community!