GM Financial

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst II Interview

Financial Analyst II
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at GM Financial in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard back from a recruiter about 3 weeks later. The phone interview, with the recruiter, lasted about 30 minutes and we set up the onsite interview at the end of the call. I then did an onsite interview with the team manager that lasted about an hour and consisted of behavioral questions. Once the interview was over the recruiter reach out to me and gave me a website where I could complete an excel test and a skills test. Once the two tests were finished, each one took about 30 mins, the recruiter setup an interview with the VP of finance. This final interview also lasted about an hour and he asked two different behavioral questions and we just talked about life for the duration of the hour. Ultimately I was not chosen for the position and had I not called the recruiter about 10 days later I never would have heard back from GM Financial.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult be prepared to answer a lot of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Risk Management

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GM Financial in January 2014.

Interview Details – Originally contacted by a recruiter through phone, The recruiter set in initial phone screening to ensure I would be adequate for the position. Once I passed she set a phone interview with the hiring manager. Really down to earth, It didn't seem to me that the hiring manager was asking any scripted behavioral questions. Just told me about the positions, asked questions related to the skills I listed on my resume, gave me a skills test which was relatively simple (should them I wasn't lying about my programming experience) and then left time for me to ask questions. From there I got a phone call from my recruiter to schedule an onsite interview. They flew me out, put me in a hotel and gave me a rental call. Had multiple interviews with several different managers so they could all get a feel for me. This round of interviews did have scripted behavioral questions. A couple questions from each interview.

Interview Question – How would you ensure the analysis you complete is accurate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No need to negotiate, quite competitive

Senior .NET Developer, Hoang Group Interview

Senior .NET Developer, Hoang Group
Arlington, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GM Financial in February 2014.

Interview Details – I went through Equity staffing and was told that if I just went there, it'd be a shoe in. I hesitated because of the weather, but drove the two hours. I met with a manager and a team-member. As they came through the lobby door, I could see they had just printed my resume and were trying to get the pages in order and maybe read it. But as it turns out, they were totally unprepared, knew nothing about me, and didn't even bother to read my resume that they had just printed out a few seconds ago.

Interview Question – Have you ever worked on any user-interfaces?   View Answer

Technical Interview

Technical
Arlington, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GM Financial.

Interview Details – Very strong and detailed about role

Interview Question – Technical situational survey and concept test questionss; very detailed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not applicable

Customer Account Representative Interview

Customer Account Representative
Chandler, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GM Financial in December 2012.

Interview Details – The interview is very straightforward, they ask general situation questions ex: when you went above and beyond your job and what unique thing you have to offer etc.

Interview Question – There really weren't any. The main part about getting the job was have a Bachelor's degree, that is all. Very high turnover.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Arlington, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GM Financial in December 2012.

Interview Details – i was hired by them but worked through an contractor company and if they like you in 90 days they will bring you aboard in 90 days and the interview process was simple and just an few detailed questions but nothing really major

Interview Question – hmmmmmm none really   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they only had part time avail i needed an job so i accepted it but will patiently wait until im offered an full time position unless i get an better offer

Bilingual Administrative Assistant (English and Spanish) Interview

Bilingual Administrative Assistant (English and Spanish)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at GM Financial in March 2011.

Interview Details – VP ITS and Senior Business Systems Analyst interview about work experience.

Interview Question – None. I like the professionalism of them and the easy going process.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for GM Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GM Financial interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by GM Financial employees and interview candidates.