GMMB Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GMMB in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the Assistant Account Executive position. I was notified through email from a HR Assistant from GMMB for a phone interview after about 2-3 weeks I've submitted the application. The interview only took about 20 minutes. The interviewee sounded like she had no interest in hiring me from the beginning; I could tell by her tone of speech. I felt like she was doing the interview because it's her thing to do. I sent follow up emails but have not heard anything from them since.

Interview Questions

• How were you able to improve your problem solving skills?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GMMB.

Interview

Phone interview talking about past experience, general questions, and company culture. I thought it was fairly straight forward. They also discuss the different teams that you may intern on so it is important to have an idea of what sector you may be interested in and what GMMB is about. They want to know that you know about their work.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GMMB.

Interview

I submitted my application online, which consisted of a standard application and a video portion (what made you unique/good fit for GMMB). I received a call a week later saying that I had made it to the next round. The next round was a Super Day. I was asked to travel to DC for an extended interview, which consisted of speed interviewing and a group project.

Interview Questions

• I don't necessarily think there were any difficult questions. I'd say it was more about fit and interests.   Answer Question

Interview

Interview with 2 senior managers. Received a reply a couple weeks later.

Account Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GMMB.

Interview

I applied in December. I didn't hear back until January, and didn't interview until February. I didn't hear anything until March. They are really slow, unless they want you, and then they'll move fast.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty straight forward. They asked me about my background and why I wanted to work at gmmb.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GMMB (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied online for the Communications/Account Assistant Position in their Seattle Office. Around a week later I was emailed by a recruiter at their HQ in Washington, DC to set up a short phone interview. I spoke with the recruiter a few days later for about 30 minutes. She basically just told me about the position and the company and how the position will be a mix of administrative and account duties, with administration becoming less of the focus as I progressed. During the phone interview she asked me to email her my availability for a Skype interview. I emailed her my availability that day. I didn't hear back from her, so I emailed her again a week later, I still got nothing. A week later, I emailed her again. I got an out of office Auto Reply from her so I emailed her again two days later, just asking if she still wanted to set up the Skype interview or if I should be talking to someone else within the company. The next day, I got an email from her saying the company was already in final interviews with candidates and that she would let me know if something changes or if the position is filled. I felt like I wasn't even given a chance/or that I kind of got screwed by the recruiters lack of follow up.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview really wasn't an interview, she just told me about the position and asked if it interested me.   Answer Question

Summer Intern (Aka Assistant Assistant Account Manager) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GMMB (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

For intern positions, GMMB only does phone interviews. I had two. First interview was with the hiring manager, focused on my organizational skills, on-the-job flexibility, and issue interests. Second interview was with my potential supervisors in a particular issue field. Most questions were again about flexibility and organizational skills. All 3 of the women I talked to were very young, enthusiastic, and warm. It seems like the office does a huge variety of things. My first interviewer told me that the quality they most want in an intern is a willingness to do whatever needs to be done.

Interview Questions

• When you have multiple projects going on at the same time, how do you prioritize them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GMMB (Washington, DC) in March 2009.

Interview

I applied for a job at the firm because I was making a career transition and was attracted to both the work the firm was doing as well as what I perceived to be the firm's values. I was interviewed one-on-one by the person who would eventually become my supervisor. The interview went smoothly and afterwards I was asked to take a writing test that involved drafting some standard PR documents as well as complete a copyediting exercise. Following the interview, I didn't hear anything for over a month before I received a phone call asking for a follow-up phone interview. During the phone interview I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared for the amount of administrative work this job entails?   Answer Question
    • Why not go into sales or something? Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GMMB (Washington, DC) in January 2007.

Interview

two hr interviews, one supervisor interview, one or two interviews with other staff

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i couldn't negotiate

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GMMB.

Interview

I received a phone interview with a woman mostly telling me about the position I applied for. She told me to email her my availability for a second interview with a higher up. I sent an email with my availability but never received a call. I sent a follow up email about the second interview but never received a reply.