GMO Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GMO.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Met one-on-one with three people in the portfolio operations side. Office is very quiet. Very quickly go through your resume and experience. Pretty cold environment, but not overly aggressive. Process took less than a week and heard back from the interview in a couple of days.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GMO (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I Applied through University. Interview process had 7 rounds. 6 of them were technical. Questions about previous projects, programming puzzles on data structures, basic OOPS concepts, Databases (connectivity, retrieval, implementation), ASP.NET, C#, MVC, probability.

Interview Questions

• Programming - Reversing a linked list, check for a palindrome, display all the names whose second character is 'u' (SQL).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GMO.

Interview

Phone screening, mostly behavioral. Interviewed on site, questions weren't too difficult. Basic questions about programming and projects I've worked on. Talked with 3 people, one person in the department, the person who I would be working under and a manager. There were basic questions, the kind you would expect. Technical portion wasn't difficult.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GMO.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. Phone interview in a few days. Interviewed first round in a week. Very technical and interesting. Problems includes coding questions, brain teasers, white board coding, language knowledge, etc. Also discussed in detail about previous experiences. Second round of on-site interview include an on-site coding exam. I did not follow up because I am talking about an offer with another company. Overall GMO is very responsive and the interview process is very efficient, challenging and interesting.

Interview Questions

• Not too much. But the interviewers do prepared a lot of questions. I do not expect most people to go through all questions.   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GMO (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online, heard back in a week had a phone screening with HR manager. Met with a few engineers in the department. The process and questions were pretty simple. Nothing really challenging, felt like they were more interested in personality fit rather than technical expertise. Offer came the next day

Interview Questions

• Not many technical questions. Mostly how I would tackle certain problems and my thought process.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GMO (Boston, MA).

Interview

There is an initial phone screen and it's like most others I've done. The in person interviews are average as well. The only thing is you'll talk to many different people and they will ask their favorite technical questions. The timeframe is unususally long. They will almost always ask you to consult for 3 months. They say it's faster. I suspect it's really to avoid paying out the bonus, which only takes effect if you work there a full calendar year. The 3 month contract can easily turn into 6 months before you get hired.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about solving factorials. I had no idea how to solve the question, but was given the opportunity to email the answer later.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR will try to get you to accept a very low base salary. They will attempt to justify this by suggesting they pay at least a 35% bonus. In my case it was only 18%. Well below expecations. I will never put myself in such a risky situation again. My advice is to only accept a base salary without regard to the bonus. You could be very unhappy in January.

Analyst Interview

Interview

3 month process, multliple rounds

Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GMO (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

question about my project

Software QA Interview

Interview

Interview process was easy. I had 4 rounds 3 technical one hr round. All onsite back to back.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question. questions were easy I was asked how would you test a pen.   Answer Question

Software Developer Coop Interview

Interview

I had 3 rounds of interview for the coop position starting at 8 am. First interview was behavioral and expectations-matching one. This was followed by a technical one where questions related to database, dynamic queries were asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes. I had an offer at hand and they matched up !