GMO Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 4, 2014
19 interviews

3.1

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at GMO.

Phone screening, mostly behavioral.

Interviewed on site, questions weren't too difficult. Basic questions about programming and projects I've worked on. Talked with 3 people, one person in the department, the person who I would be working under and a manager. There were basic questions, the kind you would expect. Technical portion wasn't difficult.

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at GMO.

Contacted by recruiter. Phone interview in a few days. Interviewed first round in a week. Very technical and interesting.

Problems includes coding questions, brain teasers, white board coding, language knowledge, etc.

Also discussed in detail about previous experiences.

Second round of on-site interview include an on-site coding exam. I did not follow up because I am talking about an offer with another company. Overall GMO is very responsive and the interview process is very efficient, challenging and interesting.

Interview Questions
    • Not too much. But the interviewers do prepared a lot of questions. I do not expect most people to go through all questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GMO.

There is an initial phone screen and it's like most others I've done. The in person interviews are average as well. The only thing is you'll talk to many different people and they will ask their favorite technical questions. The timeframe is unususally long. They will almost always ask you to consult for 3 months. They say it's faster. I suspect it's really to avoid paying out the bonus, which only takes effect if you work there a full calendar year. The 3 month contract can easily turn into 6 months before you get hired.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about solving factorials. I had no idea how to solve the question, but was given the opportunity to email the answer later.   Answer Question
    HR will try to get you to accept a very low base salary. They will attempt to justify this by suggesting they pay at least a 35% bonus. In my case it was only 18%. Well below expecations. I will never put myself in such a risky situation again. My advice is to only accept a base salary without regard to the bonus. You could be very unhappy in January.

Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at GMO in March 2014.

question about my project

Analyst Interview

3 month process, multliple rounds

Reporting Systems Developer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GMO in October 2013.

It was a quick 1 hour interview with 3 people. First round was a discussion about dotnet & visual studio related stuff. 2nd one was more into SQL related questions. The final interview was more about the job responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all the questions were simple enough. The most tricky one was about a scenario involving multiple reporting related data to be fetched from the SQL database & the best way to implement that.   Answer Question
    Fixed compensation

Software QA Interview

Interview process was easy. I had 4 rounds 3 technical one hr round. All onsite back to back.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question. questions were easy I was asked how would you test a pen.   Answer Question

Software Developer Coop Interview

I had 3 rounds of interview for the coop position starting at 8 am. First interview was behavioral and expectations-matching one. This was followed by a technical one where questions related to database, dynamic queries were asked.

Interview Questions
    yes. I had an offer at hand and they matched up !

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 months - interviewed at GMO in February 2012.

This is a very long interview process. I believe I met 15 distinct people, some more than once. It appears that you must receive the thumbs up from all of your interviews to get to the finish line.

Reporting Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GMO in April 2013.

There are 4 interviews. The first is with the manager, which is just an informal talk. The second and the third is more technical, where they ask questions about Javascript, Jquery, C# and SQL Server. The last one is just a regular HR interview. The phone interview lasts for around 30 mins. Then the two technical interviews lasts for around 30-40 mins each.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any unexpected question. It was general designing questions. Like, they gave two tables and asked to find a particular result in SQL Server using joins.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate as the offer was pretty descent and more importantly the work they were doing was good.

Worked for GMO? Contribute to the Community!