GMO Software Developer Interview Questions

4.0

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GMO.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. Phone interview in a few days. Interviewed first round in a week. Very technical and interesting.

Problems includes coding questions, brain teasers, white board coding, language knowledge, etc.

Also discussed in detail about previous experiences.

Second round of on-site interview include an on-site coding exam. I did not follow up because I am talking about an offer with another company. Overall GMO is very responsive and the interview process is very efficient, challenging and interesting.

Interview Questions

• Not too much. But the interviewers do prepared a lot of questions. I do not expect most people to go through all questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GMO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GMO (Boston, MA).

Interview

There is an initial phone screen and it's like most others I've done. The in person interviews are average as well. The only thing is you'll talk to many different people and they will ask their favorite technical questions. The timeframe is unususally long. They will almost always ask you to consult for 3 months. They say it's faster. I suspect it's really to avoid paying out the bonus, which only takes effect if you work there a full calendar year. The 3 month contract can easily turn into 6 months before you get hired.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about solving factorials. I had no idea how to solve the question, but was given the opportunity to email the answer later.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR will try to get you to accept a very low base salary. They will attempt to justify this by suggesting they pay at least a 35% bonus. In my case it was only 18%. Well below expecations. I will never put myself in such a risky situation again. My advice is to only accept a base salary without regard to the bonus. You could be very unhappy in January.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at GMO (Boston, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

Manager reads from of a sheet of about 50 technical questions. Unfortunately, the manager conducting the interviews are not technical, so they have no way of assessing if your answers are correct. They need a rudimentary understanding of the technology they are testing candidates on.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a process and a thread.   1 Answer

Bait and switch game. They were luring candidates in with the premise of a Microsoft development position in the .NET technology while the position was legacy Visual Basic 6 development.