GN ReSound Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at GN ReSound

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GN ReSound.

I applied online for the job and was contacted via e-mail within 2 weeks by a recruiting specialist who wanted to set up a phone interview. Unfortunately, the recruiting specialist did not provide her contact information and the mailbox from which she had sent her message was an invalid e-mail/do not reply address. She did provide her name, however, and I managed to find her e-mail contact information via LinkedIn. I suggested that she provide some open dates/times, since my schedule was likely more flexible than hers. Because the following week was a shortened holiday week, she asked whether I would be available the Monday following the holiday week and also indicated that I would be speaking with the HR Director. I responded with my availability on that date. When I hadn't heard from her by Tuesday of the holiday week, I tried to contact her and learned that she would be out of the office until the following Monday (the date on which I thought I would be interviewed.) I received an e-mail from her later on Tuesday, indicating that she would touch base when she was back in the office on Monday. True to her word, she e-mailed on Monday, asking whether I'd be available on Thursday of that week to meet with the HR Director. I accepted the proposed date/time and she confirmed. On Thursday, 45 minutes before the scheduled interview time, I received an e-mail from the HR Director indicating that she would have to reschedule the interview. Five days later I received the following message from the invalid e-mail/do not reply address: "We are fortunate to have many qualified candidates apply to each of our positions. We have reviewed the qualifications of each candidate and after careful consideration, we have determined that the credentials of another candidate may better fit our needs at this time."

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at GN ReSound in October 2011.

Communications with the company were smooth. They took hiring seriously by performing phone screenings followed by skills test including a project to complete which showed exactly what skills would be required for the job. The in person interviews were relatively smooth although there was some confusion. The whole process was comfortable and professional.

Interview Questions
    I felt that there was no need to negotiate anything. The offer they presented was competitive and a significant increase from the situation I was in previously. Benefits, pay, work environment, flexibility were all significantly better than what I had currently.

Marketing Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GN ReSound in March 2011.

Reached out to marketing director directly. Planning for the interview, I researched the company, history, product mix (BTE to CIC ratio), how the technology stacks up against the competition, last product launch to be familiar with it. Reviewed stock, Press releases, booths to see what their presence was like at recent expos. Also looked online to get a comparison of B2B marketing against the competitor. What publications they were in, the messaging, and products featured. Be familiar with all of this.

As far as the company culture, I was a bit underwhelmed. There was a lot of potential, but people seemed to work in silos, rather than collectively toward the same goal in that collaborative way. I prefer the latter.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to market our latest product against the competition, how would you emphasize our product features?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GN ReSound in March 2010.

Initial interview as a telephone interview with HR

The next interview was with the General Manager

Interview Questions
    • The interview was slightly unconventional, mostly standard questions - strengths and weaknesses - that sort of thing.   Answer Question
    Salary was appropriate so there was no negotiation