GNC

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.0

Accounts Receivable Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GNC.

I interviewed with two people, with one taking the lead. The person who I would have reported to directly did not ask questions but did provide information about the job. The direct supervisor seemed like a very cordial and experienced person (who I might have enjoyed reporting to), however, the lead interviewer kept stressing negatives about the job to an unreasonable degree. Once the candidate conveys that a particular aspect of the role (whether that be system related or function related) is not at all objectionable, then it is time to move on. The interviewer can certainly pose challenging questions for the purpose of vetting, but should demonstrate professionalism and loyalty to the company and not spend most of the interview making negative commentary about the work environment, the system, or the position. The lead also took me back down to the lobby to return the access card (normal), but to tell me which exit door was closer to the T-Station (very odd, given the centrality of their office tower - great location!) There was an expedited hiring process underway, so my experience may have been atypical in regard to how long it took for them to make an offer to the candidate they selected.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GNC.

Very casual
    They want to know about you as a person, your goals, and what you expect from this job. They specifically are looking for passionate people in sales driven around health and wellness.

Extremely casual
    "Thank you for your time. How's Monday to start?" (Hand shake)

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GNC.

No real interview. I felt as if the position I was applying for wasn't a serious part of the company. I felt the interviewer didn't want to be there.

N/A

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online – interviewed at GNC in December 2014.

I was called to interview with a Senior Manager. She was very nice and asked about previous work experience. She also asked if this position was a career or a temporary position for me. Be prepared to discuss your goals and what you can offer the company.(your strengths) If you make it through this interview you will have a second with an Area Manager.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stress in the workplace?   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GNC in October 2014.

I filled out an application online and had recieved a call back winthin a week or so. The call simply consisted of scheduling an interview. The manager who conducted the interview was pleasant to speak to and I believe that the interview went quite well. Toward the end of the interview I was told that I would be contacted within a week and that if I was not to call them. I waited the week and then I called however an employee had answerd the phone and told me that the manager was "on a garbage run" and that she would notify the manager of my call as soon as the had returned. I had never recieved a call back after that so I am assuming that they did not want to hire me which I was quite dissapointed about because It seemed like the kind of company that I would have liked working for.

Regional Sales Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GNC.

Very long process. They want you but keep you waiting to hear back. It is just a process so don't worry about it. The HR person does ask you a few questions over the phone about your job history. She was even good about asking about why I would leave my current job and what I liked about my job. She asked why GNC. I did my research on GNC - you don't need to. They are just looking for bodies. They make the job sound important though but it sure is not.

I asked for extra vacation and received it.

Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GNC.

Talked to a few different people, interviewed by myself, everyone was very polite and I didn't feel intimidated at all... Asked very typical questions: "Tell me about yourself", "What do you want to gain out of this internship?" "Tell me about your previous job" "Have you had any other internships?" etc.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncy, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncy, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GNC in August 2014.

Store 545 Makes You Wait Forever So Don't Work At Store 545, They Do Phone Interviews With Another Manager But First They Preform One On One Interviews With Applient Store Manager So Its A Pretty Easy Process

Don't Work At Store 545

GNC Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GNC.

I did a telephone screening with a store manager, followed by another interview this time face to face with the same store manager. I then interviewed with the Regional Sales Director and was offered the position. The first two interviews was very little talking on my end, just very informative job descriptions from the interviewer. The RSD got more in depth on my background.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at GNC.

Several interviews to get hired. There are a lot of expectations from management. Everyone has to go online and fill out an application, but I don't feel like I would have been hired if I didn't go into a store and talk to someone about the job. Interviewing managers were extremely professional.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle an angry customer who wants to return their items?   Answer Question
    Nothing was negotiable. Either take the minimum wage and hope for good commissions, or don't take the job.