GNC Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.0

Regional Sales Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GNC.

Very long process. They want you but keep you waiting to hear back. It is just a process so don't worry about it. The HR person does ask you a few questions over the phone about your job history. She was even good about asking about why I would leave my current job and what I liked about my job. She asked why GNC. I did my research on GNC - you don't need to. They are just looking for bodies. They make the job sound important though but it sure is not.

I asked for extra vacation and received it.

Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GNC.

Talked to a few different people, interviewed by myself, everyone was very polite and I didn't feel intimidated at all... Asked very typical questions: "Tell me about yourself", "What do you want to gain out of this internship?" "Tell me about your previous job" "Have you had any other internships?" etc.

GNC Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GNC.

I did a telephone screening with a store manager, followed by another interview this time face to face with the same store manager. I then interviewed with the Regional Sales Director and was offered the position. The first two interviews was very little talking on my end, just very informative job descriptions from the interviewer. The RSD got more in depth on my background.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at GNC.

Several interviews to get hired. There are a lot of expectations from management. Everyone has to go online and fill out an application, but I don't feel like I would have been hired if I didn't go into a store and talk to someone about the job. Interviewing managers were extremely professional.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle an angry customer who wants to return their items?   Answer Question
    Nothing was negotiable. Either take the minimum wage and hope for good commissions, or don't take the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GNC.

My interview was a 1 on 1 interview with a store manager. During my interview I was questioned about my prior experience and how I thought it would aid my ability to excel in the prospective position. He asked me if I was comfortable working for minimum wage while working to earn additional income through commission.

Sales Associate Interview

Went into the store of where I would be working and answered a few questions. Very general questions any one could guess. Do you work out, take vitamins, etc. Was asked if familiar with gold card program. Asked if I believe in it. Very weird question.

Interview Questions
    • Do you believe in the Gold Card Program?   View Answer
    No negotiations.

Regional Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GNC.

The HR recruiter I spoke to first was very professional and pleasant. She was a strong representative of the company. Phone interview first. Interviewed by potential supervisor in person, that only talked about himself.

Interview Questions
    • He asked how I could manage turnover in a company that doesn't pay their managers well.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at GNC.

Quick and easy. Few questions. Straight to the point. I liked that alot. Adults should be treated as such. Alot of these mgrs that are interviewing need to watch there language.

None it was minimum wage plus commission on what u sell

Manager Interview

the hiring process is mundane. The manager calls you in to talk and asks you various questions about what resume you have given them. They then read from a script to find out if you are the right fit. Chances are you are over qualified. Apply somewhere else

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult or unexpected questions. GNC is highly predictable   Answer Question
    There are none

Distribution Center Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at GNC in April 2014.

I met an HR representative at a veterans only job fair and had a brief but good conversation with her discussing employment opportunities with GNC. After leaving my resume I was contacted the same day and had an interview the next day with HR and the Industrial Engineer setting up the new facility. Information was provided relevant to the position and company and the interview questions were not canned from a script. It was a very comfortable and relaxed interview atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. The most difficult question for me is always "What is your biggest obstacle?"   Answer Question