GNC

101 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GNC in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the store management position, was interviewed by the regional director. Went very well, then I was called for a second interview, was told what I would be doing as a store manager, interviewer explained the benefits and daily procedures. I was told I was pretty much hired and that the regional director would call back to finalize the offer. I received a call a week later from another store manager and was told they needed part time help and that is what they were offering me. WHAT A JOKE!! I have 7 years of experience as a store manager in retail, yet they wanna offer me a part-time, 15 hours a week, $8 an hour pay!!!???? Seriously, what's wrong with this company?? I was told that everyone starts from "the bottom", yet that's not what I was told by the person who interviewed me, they got hired form the outside and was hired as a store manager. Their interviews are very misleading, they want people to believe they are applying for a management position, only to tell them that they would want them to "prove themselves" first. I don't need to prove to you that I am a manager, I have the extensive experience and references to back me up. They use this as a strategy to pay people less $. This place is all a joke, DONT WASTE YOUR TIME, YOU DESERVE BETTER!!!!

Interview Question – None, every question is basic, very easy.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – With 7 years of Management retail experience, I deserve more than the $8 an hour they wanted to give me. I don't need to prove myself, I've been there done that!! I know their tactics, that's why their turnover rate is so high, all they can afford to hire are kids straight out of high school because anyone smarter than them will decline their offer!

GNC Store Manager Interview

GNC Store Manager
Roswell, NM

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at GNC in January 2013.

Interview Details – One 2 hour interview with another store manager in the area. RSD came to meet me like a month later and that was the last time I saw him. The SM i was replacing trained me for one day and then I was left to figure everything out on my own.

Interview Question – I dont remember. It was more like a conversation than an interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all

Distribution Center Supervisor Interview

Distribution Center Supervisor

I applied in-person - interviewed at GNC in April 2014.

Interview Details – I met an HR representative at a veterans only job fair and had a brief but good conversation with her discussing employment opportunities with GNC. After leaving my resume I was contacted the same day and had an interview the next day with HR and the Industrial Engineer setting up the new facility. Information was provided relevant to the position and company and the interview questions were not canned from a script. It was a very comfortable and relaxed interview atmosphere.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. The most difficult question for me is always "What is your biggest obstacle?"   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at GNC

Interview Details – the hiring process is mundane. The manager calls you in to talk and asks you various questions about what resume you have given them. They then read from a script to find out if you are the right fit. Chances are you are over qualified. Apply somewhere else

Interview Question – There were not any difficult or unexpected questions. GNC is highly predictable   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are none

Sales Ascociate Interview

Sales Ascociate
Niceville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GNC in September 2012.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of talking to the Store Manager in the back room for about 15 minutes. He droned on about his 'passion' for the business, etc & made unprofessional remarks about previous employees. He then made empty promises regarding promotion to Store Manager & overly praised my appearance.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really any negotiation. I was promised more hours than ever received & was also promised a promotion to Store Manager which never came true.

Athens, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GNC in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very relaxed. Come dressed to impress and show a basic product knowledge of sports supplements, multi-vitamins, and diet supplements.

Interview Question – What attracted you to GNC, Hard to not answer "the employee discount" The company does train well and gives its employees excellent chances to succeed and move upward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, everyone starts at the same base. However you can earn bonuses if you exceed quota

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GNC in March 2011.

Interview Details – Short phone interview after submitting a resume and application. Followed by an informal interview in the store.

Interview Question – If you actually know something about nutrition or health products you should be fine. just take the incentive and bring up things you know if you can.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Minnetonka, MN

I applied in-person and interviewed at GNC.

Interview Details – Called store and talked to manager. Came into store and "interviewed" with manager. She basically trashed the company on being poorly managed, greedy, overworked and under paid. She didn't ask me any questions other than: where do you work? She said that she would pass my resume and application on to the district manager. I called back and asked to speak with DM. No return call. Shortly after that I realized that this was a company to unorganized and dramatic for my expectations.

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GNC in June 2013.

Interview Details – Had a employee referral, talked to assisted manager 1-on-1 interview , then interview with senior store manager 1-on-1 , took 2 weeks to processs everything

Interview Question – Be able to sell them a product   Answer Question

Interviewed at GNC

Interview Details – Essentially no interview. Talk to manager to see if they are hiring, if so apply online.

Interview Question – Wasn't asked any.   Answer Question