GNC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

1.9

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GNC (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

The interview was not hard at all just know supplements and work out you will get the job. Also you will meet some neat people in the industry.Also you will be doing tons of traing on all the supplements as well.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glastonbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GNC (Glastonbury, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Big waste of time, process took like 3 hours and wasn't even for position I applied for. I applied online for store manager position and got a call a week later to go to a store 30 mins from one I applied for. I showed up to find 15 interviewees already standing in the front of store in no order. Instead of a sign in sheet the manager would just randomly guess who showed up first. I finally got into the first interview after 45 mins, 3 different interviews all done in back room right next to each other. Waited 15-20 mins in between each interview. The final interviewer informed me that this was for the sales associate position, but I had the opportunity to move up quickly. Paying minimum wage.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GNC in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. I was called in for a interview the next day with a store manager. Two weeks later I was called in for an interview with regional manager at another store. I was offered a position the next day. The first was ten minutes. The second was less than five.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GNC (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a call from a manager a week prior to the interview and scheduled it for the upcoming Monday. I arrived 20 minutes prior and introduced myself to the manager, however she was unable to accommodate me with the interview since she was the sole individual working there at the time. I returned after grabbing a coffee 5 minutes before my interview was scheduled and had a pretty informal conversation with her as well as another manager. They were pretty laid back and just inquired as to my knowledge of sales, prior experience, as well as if I had any knowledge regarding the products they carried. At the end of the interview they each shook my hand and said they would be in touch. I received a call from the female manager the next day asking if I were available to begin on that Thursday.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used any of the products we carry in our store? Do you have any previous retail experience? Will you be able to downstock on Friday nights (mandatory)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Northlake, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GNC (Northlake, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

There was not much of an interview process. I was very persistent when applying for the job and many others at that time. It took him several days to review my resume, several days to communicate with me to come in for him to ask me questions, and then tried to offer me lay less than the male counterparts.

Accounts Receivable Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

I interviewed with two people, with one taking the lead. The person who I would have reported to directly did not ask questions but did provide information about the job. The direct supervisor seemed like a very cordial and experienced person (who I might have enjoyed reporting to), however, the lead interviewer kept stressing negatives about the job to an unreasonable degree. Once the candidate conveys that a particular aspect of the role (whether that be system related or function related) is not at all objectionable, then it is time to move on. The interviewer can certainly pose challenging questions for the purpose of vetting, but should demonstrate professionalism and loyalty to the company and not spend most of the interview making negative commentary about the work environment, the system, or the position. The lead also took me back down to the lobby to return the access card (normal), but to tell me which exit door was closer to the T-Station (very odd, given the centrality of their office tower - great location!) There was an expedited hiring process underway, so my experience may have been atypical in regard to how long it took for them to make an offer to the candidate they selected.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GNC (Naples, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Basic questions as to why you're interested, your relationship with fitness, how you define customer service and experiences with supplements/supplement stores. The huge bulk of the process was gauging how you fit into the sales job. GNC is very sales driven and likes its employees to be very focused on trying to get the customer to buy as much as possible to increase the average sale per transaction.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who is very picky about what they like and don't like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GNC (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Met with the district manager at the store of his choosing and was asked a few questions, lasted around 10 minutes. We went over my resume and it was strictly business and straight forward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, was adjusted to a set price and how much training there would be.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GNC (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was asked a total of 8 questions and the entire process took about 10 minutes. I was asked if I had any retail experience and also a couple questions on product knowledge. Then I filled out an application and submitted it to the manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

No real interview. I felt as if the position I was applying for wasn't a serious part of the company. I felt the interviewer didn't want to be there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A