GNC Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GNC (Simi Valley, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Nothing great, basically you sit there and they decide how easily manipulated you are and whether or not youll put up with their continuous lack of management opportunities and poor treatment. I suggest look good and listen rather than speak your mind because they only want to know if youre willing to take their almost illegal treatment of you, and pay you nothing for it.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Went into the store of where I would be working and answered a few questions. Very general questions any one could guess. Do you work out, take vitamins, etc. Was asked if familiar with gold card program. Asked if I believe in it. Very weird question.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe in the Gold Card Program?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GNC.

Interview

The HR recruiter I spoke to first was very professional and pleasant. She was a strong representative of the company. Phone interview first. Interviewed by potential supervisor in person, that only talked about himself.

Interview Questions

• He asked how I could manage turnover in a company that doesn't pay their managers well.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at GNC.

Interview

Quick and easy. Few questions. Straight to the point. I liked that alot. Adults should be treated as such. Alot of these mgrs that are interviewing need to watch there language.

Negotiation

None it was minimum wage plus commission on what u sell

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at GNC (Kennesaw, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Straight forward asked you questions regarding past jobs and asks you general questions on supplements. They might pull out a supplement (usually protein) and ask you to sell it. They will tell you about the jib and ask you if it sounds right for you. It was a very easy interview. Then they will refer you to a rsd for an second interview which is more on your character than your selling capabilities.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell me this supplement?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

the hiring process is mundane. The manager calls you in to talk and asks you various questions about what resume you have given them. They then read from a script to find out if you are the right fit. Chances are you are over qualified. Apply somewhere else

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult or unexpected questions. GNC is highly predictable   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are none

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at GNC in April 2014.

Interview

I met an HR representative at a veterans only job fair and had a brief but good conversation with her discussing employment opportunities with GNC. After leaving my resume I was contacted the same day and had an interview the next day with HR and the Industrial Engineer setting up the new facility. Information was provided relevant to the position and company and the interview questions were not canned from a script. It was a very comfortable and relaxed interview atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. The most difficult question for me is always "What is your biggest obstacle?"   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GNC in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the store management position, was interviewed by the regional director. Went very well, then I was called for a second interview, was told what I would be doing as a store manager, interviewer explained the benefits and daily procedures. I was told I was pretty much hired and that the regional director would call back to finalize the offer. I received a call a week later from another store manager and was told they needed part time help and that is what they were offering me. WHAT A JOKE!! I have 7 years of experience as a store manager in retail, yet they wanna offer me a part-time, 15 hours a week, $8 an hour pay!!!???? Seriously, what's wrong with this company?? I was told that everyone starts from "the bottom", yet that's not what I was told by the person who interviewed me, they got hired form the outside and was hired as a store manager. Their interviews are very misleading, they want people to believe they are applying for a management position, only to tell them that they would want them to "prove themselves" first. I don't need to prove to you that I am a manager, I have the extensive experience and references to back me up. They use this as a strategy to pay people less $. This place is all a joke, DONT WASTE YOUR TIME, YOU DESERVE BETTER!!!!

Interview Questions

With 7 years of Management retail experience, I deserve more than the $8 an hour they wanted to give me. I don't need to prove myself, I've been there done that!! I know their tactics, that's why their turnover rate is so high, all they can afford to hire are kids straight out of high school because anyone smarter than them will decline their offer!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GNC (San Luis Obispo, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview I did was incredibly simple. The manager at the office I applied for took me into the back room where we did the interview. He asked me about my job history and my schooling history. He asked me about the best bosses I have had and bad ones I have had. It was a relatively short interview of about 20-30 minutes. The next week I went in and interviewed with the regional manager and we did an interview for another 20-30 minutes. This interview was much more about me asking questions and talking about what went on in the job. Very easy stuff.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was, "Who do you think was your worst boss, and why?" It was difficult because you don't want to seem like you bad talk anyone, or that you are a bad employee. It really wasn't a hard question though.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at GNC (Minnetonka, MN).

Interview

Called store and talked to manager. Came into store and "interviewed" with manager. She basically trashed the company on being poorly managed, greedy, overworked and under paid. She didn't ask me any questions other than: where do you work? She said that she would pass my resume and application on to the district manager. I called back and asked to speak with DM. No return call. Shortly after that I realized that this was a company to unorganized and dramatic for my expectations.