GNC

Relevance Date Difficulty

GNC Store Manager Interview

GNC Store Manager
Clovis, NM

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GNC in September 2013.

Interview Details – Brief initial phone interview, 1:1 interview, store looked clean, employees were professional and welcoming, district mgr. was attentive and professional. The interview questions were aligned with the job description along with scenario based questions.

Interview Question – All questions were on par with job expectations.   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Bronx, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GNC in February 2012.

Interview Details – When it comes to becoming assistant manager, it just went by how your numbers were and who you knew in the company if your numbers weren't good.

Interview Question – Why do you want to move up in a company like this. The reason you want to say if because you believe in helping people, and your truly dedicated in the field.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would say go for it, just make sure your doing it for the right reasons. It a good paying job if you push yourself.

Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GNC.

Interview Details – Initial call to set up interview. No phone interview involved.
First interview at store with store manager.
Basis questions included background, experiences, strength, weakness, and sales role playing.
Second interview manager of area with similar questions.

Interview Question – What size of clothes do you wear?
What size of condom do you wear?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at GNC

Interview Details – I was contacted by the store manager for a phone interview and then invited for a face to face interview. It went well.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself 20 years from now?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had another job offer.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Part Time Sales Associate
Montrose, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GNC in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very detailed

Interview Question – Most regarding supplements   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy and fun

Very Easy Interview

GNC Store Manager Interview

GNC Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at GNC.

Interview Details – GNC has a huge turn-over rate due to the unrealistic sales goals it demands from undertrained, under educated in the feild associates and managers. Getting hired there you are expected to provide proper clothing and to purchase GNC clothing out of the minimum wage you are paid, of course you are told that the clothing purchase of GNC logo items is optional, but if you want to advance in the company; pay the 25.00 for the shirt.

Interview Question – What do you think it means to work at GNC?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was the manager and this is just to help out some desperate soul who really, really needs a job, quick

Very Difficult Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Fort Drum, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GNC in April 2013.

Interview Details – The gentleman who called me to set up for the interview was friendly and seemed very interested in having me as an employee. He made it seem like I was the only person who had received a call for the job.

Interview Question – I can't remember exactly how the question was worded, but it was very specific and not something that everyone would know right off the top of their head. I gave my best answer and the man interviewing me seemed to accept it. He then told me to hold on for a moment and he walked away. About 20 minutes later, he returned to tell me that they had a bunch more people to interview and he would let me know either way within a week - I never heard back from them.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person - interviewed at GNC in March 2009.

Interview Details – Face to face informal stand up during store hours.

Interview Question – Can you sell me this vitamin pack?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable

Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GNC in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to the location when they weren't hiring, and received a call about a month later. Went in for the interview and it was done mostly by my local store manager, who asked me a lot of questions about myself, my goals, and how I would handle certain situations. Then, the regional manager came out and talked to me about the company itself and asked if I was still interested in the job.

Interview Question – They didn't ask me anything odd or atypical.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Nashua, NH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GNC in May 2009.

Interview Details – Met with the district manager at a KMart in front of a Subway store. We talked for about 30 minutes, he asked me about my base knowledge, and what I would do in certain situations involving customers, or fellow employees.

Interview Question – None, everything was by the book for an interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was debate on which store I would get, first I was offered Somersworth, and then was told with a phone call a couple days later that I was offered Seabrook. I told him I would have to think about it, and then accepted a day later.