GNC Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015
Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.0

GNC Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GNC (Clovis, NM) in September 2013.

Interview

Brief initial phone interview, 1:1 interview, store looked clean, employees were professional and welcoming, district mgr. was attentive and professional. The interview questions were aligned with the job description along with scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• All questions were on par with job expectations.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I was contacted by the store manager for a phone interview and then invited for a face to face interview. It went well.

Interview Questions

I had another job offer.

Sales Associate, Retail Part Time Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GNC (Cocoa, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

I had originally applied online for a position in Titusville, Florida but never received a consideration for an interview. Down on my luck because I've been unable to find a job for close to a year at that time, I went to my local mall and handed out resumes. I met the district manager at GNC and she told me to bring my application which I did the next day. She told me to come back that Monday in early August to talk about setting up an interview. She gave me an interview and I did the very best I could, we sat in the middle of the mall and she conducted the interview there. I had showed up on time, dressed appropriately, and answered all her questions to the best of my ability given that the only experience I had was with my Father.

I took care of my Father for 6 years who had Pulmonary Fibrosis, which is basically a slow suffocation as your lungs form scar tissue, hampering the lungs ability to transfer oxygen and carbon dioxide into and out of your blood. Taking care of him was a 24/7/ 365 deal which left little time for collage or work. So from 2006 till 2012 I took care of him until the day he passed away. I've made that very obvious in my resume and applications that I have no experience and that I want to learn, to work and move on from my loss from which I still haven't recovered from.

The questions were standard customer service questions, and she saw that I was eager to work and supposedly understood what I was going through, and while she was concerned because of my lack of experience, she ended up telling me the GNC inside the mall wasn't an environment she thought I would work well in but then told me that another store in another town could be a better fit.

The interview at the other store was very informal and the manager there just basically asked if I had good availability which I told him yes, and If I was fine with the hours and times, to which I told him I was. He told me by the following week he would have his decision and would call. I did not hear from him the following week so I went back to inquire about the status of the job. I met the assistant manager who I later found out liked me, and the store manager liked me as well and had picked me for the job.

For the next two month's though I received no phone calls, other than one to which the store manager told me thanks for stopping by and that he hadn't gotten in touch with the district manager. After that every time I went to the local store, the manager there told me that he had picked me and that the person to give the final OK was the district manager, to which she was either busy, training somebody else, or until this past couple of weeks finally told the store manager that she didn't know who to pick.

While I know quite a bit about vitamins, she want's somebody who knows sports products, which the store manger kept telling her you can train him to know the products.

Basically as far as I can tell, she doesn't want to give me the job. I've seen multiple people here on glassdoor say how they generally thought GNC was a good first job, and I've primarily been looking for retail jobs that do not require experience, so I can learn and get into the work force.

However, no matter where I go I always get ignored because I'm 26 and have no job experience and despite that I've explained why millions of times, it just seems to fall on deaf ears. GNC seems to be no exception, the problem primarily being with the district manager, again both the manager and the assistant manager of the local store I was sent to wanted to hire me, and the choice as far as I understood was between me or another person who has experience with sports products but has a DUI. Throughout the entire process I was never kept up to date after I've committed time and gas that I could have saved for other things all to be told basically "we won't hire you because you have no experience and we don't want to train you." I've been going there after a certain amount of weeks only to be given a false hope. I've waited two months, hopeful that the job was mine only to be pushed to the side.

Basically the question I keep asking is how am I suppose to gain experience if nobody will give me a chance and I never get an answer. I keep telling every manger I meet that all I'm looking for is a chance to prove myself, just let me gain some experience so I can get moving at full speed, go to collage and make something out of my life after enduring six hopeless years of watching somebody slowly suffocate to death with no medically approved way to treat or cure. Sadly nobody cares.

Interview Questions

• The questions they ask are very standard customer service questions. She didn't ask me anything odd or anything unexpected.   Answer Question

GNC Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at GNC.

Interview

GNC has a huge turn-over rate due to the unrealistic sales goals it demands from undertrained, under educated in the feild associates and managers. Getting hired there you are expected to provide proper clothing and to purchase GNC clothing out of the minimum wage you are paid, of course you are told that the clothing purchase of GNC logo items is optional, but if you want to advance in the company; pay the 25.00 for the shirt.

Interview Questions

• What do you think it means to work at GNC?   1 Answer

I was the manager and this is just to help out some desperate soul who really, really needs a job, quick

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GNC (Athens, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. Come dressed to impress and show a basic product knowledge of sports supplements, multi-vitamins, and diet supplements.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to GNC, Hard to not answer "the employee discount" The company does train well and gives its employees excellent chances to succeed and move upward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, everyone starts at the same base. However you can earn bonuses if you exceed quota

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GNC (San Jose, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Had a employee referral, talked to assisted manager 1-on-1 interview , then interview with senior store manager 1-on-1 , took 2 weeks to processs everything

GNC Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at GNC (Little Rock, AR) in May 2013.

Interview

The process first consisted of me just going in as a customer and talking nutrition withe the manager of the store. The next time i came in to look around the manager approached me about a possible part-time sales position coming open and if i would be interested in applying. I filled out my online application, and brought in a hard copy to the store.
    My initial interview was with the before mentioned store manager, and then a follow interview by the RSD. I was hired after my interviewed had concluded with RSD.

Interview Questions

• What were my aspirations for advancement within the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GNC (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied to the location when they weren't hiring, and received a call about a month later. Went in for the interview and it was done mostly by my local store manager, who asked me a lot of questions about myself, my goals, and how I would handle certain situations. Then, the regional manager came out and talked to me about the company itself and asked if I was still interested in the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GNC (Fort Drum, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

The gentleman who called me to set up for the interview was friendly and seemed very interested in having me as an employee. He made it seem like I was the only person who had received a call for the job.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember exactly how the question was worded, but it was very specific and not something that everyone would know right off the top of their head. I gave my best answer and the man interviewing me seemed to accept it. He then told me to hold on for a moment and he walked away. About 20 minutes later, he returned to tell me that they had a bunch more people to interview and he would let me know either way within a week - I never heard back from them.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GNC.

Interview

It was your basic interviews.Most questions were the typical past expeiences along with situational questions.There was a first then second interview and each last approx one hour long.The first was with the HR manager along with the director of operations and the secong was with multiple members of management. The atmosphere was good and they made you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Again the questions we based on experience and situations. There were no hidden or trick questions   Answer Question