GNC

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.0

GNC Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at GNC.

GNC has a huge turn-over rate due to the unrealistic sales goals it demands from undertrained, under educated in the feild associates and managers. Getting hired there you are expected to provide proper clothing and to purchase GNC clothing out of the minimum wage you are paid, of course you are told that the clothing purchase of GNC logo items is optional, but if you want to advance in the company; pay the 25.00 for the shirt.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think it means to work at GNC?   View Answer

I was the manager and this is just to help out some desperate soul who really, really needs a job, quick

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GNC in July 2013.

The interview process was very relaxed. Come dressed to impress and show a basic product knowledge of sports supplements, multi-vitamins, and diet supplements.

Interview Questions
    • What attracted you to GNC, Hard to not answer "the employee discount" The company does train well and gives its employees excellent chances to succeed and move upward.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, everyone starts at the same base. However you can earn bonuses if you exceed quota

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GNC in June 2013.

Had a employee referral, talked to assisted manager 1-on-1 interview , then interview with senior store manager 1-on-1 , took 2 weeks to processs everything

GNC Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at GNC in May 2013.

The process first consisted of me just going in as a customer and talking nutrition withe the manager of the store. The next time i came in to look around the manager approached me about a possible part-time sales position coming open and if i would be interested in applying. I filled out my online application, and brought in a hard copy to the store.
    My initial interview was with the before mentioned store manager, and then a follow interview by the RSD. I was hired after my interviewed had concluded with RSD.

Interview Questions
    • What were my aspirations for advancement within the company.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GNC in April 2013.

I applied to the location when they weren't hiring, and received a call about a month later. Went in for the interview and it was done mostly by my local store manager, who asked me a lot of questions about myself, my goals, and how I would handle certain situations. Then, the regional manager came out and talked to me about the company itself and asked if I was still interested in the job.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Drum, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Drum, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GNC in April 2013.

The gentleman who called me to set up for the interview was friendly and seemed very interested in having me as an employee. He made it seem like I was the only person who had received a call for the job.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember exactly how the question was worded, but it was very specific and not something that everyone would know right off the top of their head. I gave my best answer and the man interviewing me seemed to accept it. He then told me to hold on for a moment and he walked away. About 20 minutes later, he returned to tell me that they had a bunch more people to interview and he would let me know either way within a week - I never heard back from them.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GNC.

It was your basic interviews.Most questions were the typical past expeiences along with situational questions.There was a first then second interview and each last approx one hour long.The first was with the HR manager along with the director of operations and the secong was with multiple members of management. The atmosphere was good and they made you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Again the questions we based on experience and situations. There were no hidden or trick questions   Answer Question

GNC Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GNC.

Application made online and shortly after was called and scheduled an interview at an actual GNC. Interviewer seemed confused and attempted to hit on me but hired me on the spot. Was placed at a different location to be trained.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and went to the store the next day with my application. I received an interview from the manager immediately. She asked me basic questions and some expected job related questions as well. I then received one more interview from the assistant sales manager before I was hired.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GNC.

Got a call from the GNC manager asking if I was still interested in the position (it had been about a month since I put in the application) and why I wanted to work specifically for GNC, we then scheduled a face to face interview. Found a table in the food court and he asked roughtly 15-20 questions which seemed like a ton!! I got a call about 2 days later to come in for a second interview but I declined.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation when you dealt with confrontation and how did you handle it.
      Describe a time when you solved a problem.

Answer Question

I was informed it was minimum wage and you are evaluated every few months to make sure you "don't sell too much GNC or too much of a third party product", that basically you had to keep everything in balance or be put on probation. I don't really like the idea that I would have to push a product not necessarily because I think it's the best one for the customer but because I have a certain quota to meet. Just isn't the job for me!