GNC

2.2

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncy, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncy, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GNC in August 2014.

Store 545 Makes You Wait Forever So Don't Work At Store 545, They Do Phone Interviews With Another Manager But First They Preform One On One Interviews With Applient Store Manager So Its A Pretty Easy Process

Don't Work At Store 545

Other Interview Reviews for GNC

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at GNC.

Several interviews to get hired. There are a lot of expectations from management. Everyone has to go online and fill out an application, but I don't feel like I would have been hired if I didn't go into a store and talk to someone about the job. Interviewing managers were extremely professional.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle an angry customer who wants to return their items?   Answer Question
    Nothing was negotiable. Either take the minimum wage and hope for good commissions, or don't take the job.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at GNC.

The interview is pretty much them calling you in and talking with you and telling you about the store. Pretty much if you get a phone call from this company your already hired.

There was none

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GNC.

2 interviews, and done. asked me about the pst history of jo positions on my resume.

no negotiation on pay for entry level. it is minimum wage plus commission

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GNC in February 2014.

After speaking to the Hiring Manager in-store, I applied online which was just like any other normal part-time application (history, job experience, knowledge, etc.). The interview included the Hiring Manager and the Regional Sales Director, who was a strong business-minded guy. They both came off very welcoming and spoke as if I had already gotten the job, which helped me get through the process easier. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and did not involve very many difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Are you knowledgeable of most of the store's products?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at GNC.

Pretty standard interview. The manager asked me to tell him about myself and the relevance of my past employment history to the desired position. The manager was very nice and upfront about the position. As a sales associate I would get paid min. wage plus commission and the better your sales numbers are, the more hours you get.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GNC.

Got a call from the GNC manager asking if I was still interested in the position (it had been about a month since I put in the application) and why I wanted to work specifically for GNC, we then scheduled a face to face interview. Found a table in the food court and he asked roughtly 15-20 questions which seemed like a ton!! I got a call about 2 days later to come in for a second interview but I declined.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation when you dealt with confrontation and how did you handle it.
      Describe a time when you solved a problem.

Answer Question

I was informed it was minimum wage and you are evaluated every few months to make sure you "don't sell too much GNC or too much of a third party product", that basically you had to keep everything in balance or be put on probation. I don't really like the idea that I would have to push a product not necessarily because I think it's the best one for the customer but because I have a certain quota to meet. Just isn't the job for me!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vega Alta, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vega Alta, PR

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GNC in February 2013.

They ask you about your customer service opinion. About how you manage a store by yourself. How would be if you had the opportunity to be the manager. What would be your main goal. How do you see yourself in the future in the company.

Part time 15 hours minimum pay rate with comissions.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at GNC in February 2013.

there was no interview really, I have been bodybuilding for a couple of years and just wanted a part time job. If u are in good physical condition that is a big bonus, on the selling part they will teach you how they want you to do it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GNC in December 2012.

Initial communications were by manager, and she was very clear regarding details of the job, and asked if I was still interested in the position. Because I was a former employee returning to the company, she had taken a couple of days to square away my old information, and he had an in-store interview in about a week. Interview questions were straight-forward; basically detailed how the store was set up differently than when I was there, and if I could still do the basics the job required. I was eligible to be re-hired a couple of days after, and that's when I was re-hired.

Interview Questions
    • Just look up general interviewing tips for sales positions. Look professional and sharp. Speak candidly and maintain eye contact. Have a good presence; that's the best way to get your foot in the door. It helps if you're interested in the fitness business and either work out or personal train.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. All sales associates are hired at minimum wage; no exceptions.