GNC

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at GNC.

Interview Details – Several interviews to get hired. There are a lot of expectations from management. Everyone has to go online and fill out an application, but I don't feel like I would have been hired if I didn't go into a store and talk to someone about the job. Interviewing managers were extremely professional.

Interview Question – How do you handle an angry customer who wants to return their items?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiable. Either take the minimum wage and hope for good commissions, or don't take the job.

Very Easy Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at GNC in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a phone call to schedule an interview later that same week. The interview was more laid back than previous interviews I had attended. A few questions were asked about nutrition and they were interested in sports history. Overall pretty good experience as far as the interview process goes.

Interview Question – What makes you a good fit for GNC?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GNC in December 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communications were by manager, and she was very clear regarding details of the job, and asked if I was still interested in the position. Because I was a former employee returning to the company, she had taken a couple of days to square away my old information, and he had an in-store interview in about a week. Interview questions were straight-forward; basically detailed how the store was set up differently than when I was there, and if I could still do the basics the job required. I was eligible to be re-hired a couple of days after, and that's when I was re-hired.

Interview Question – Just look up general interviewing tips for sales positions. Look professional and sharp. Speak candidly and maintain eye contact. Have a good presence; that's the best way to get your foot in the door. It helps if you're interested in the fitness business and either work out or personal train.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. All sales associates are hired at minimum wage; no exceptions.

Part Time Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at GNC.

Interview Details – The interview is pretty much them calling you in and talking with you and telling you about the store. Pretty much if you get a phone call from this company your already hired.

Interview Question – There are none you get a phone call your hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none

Part Time Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at GNC.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, and done. asked me about the pst history of jo positions on my resume.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation on pay for entry level. it is minimum wage plus commission

Vega Alta, PR

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GNC in February 2013.

Interview Details – They ask you about your customer service opinion. About how you manage a store by yourself. How would be if you had the opportunity to be the manager. What would be your main goal. How do you see yourself in the future in the company.

Negotiation Details – Part time 15 hours minimum pay rate with comissions.

Part Time Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at GNC.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview. The manager asked me to tell him about myself and the relevance of my past employment history to the desired position. The manager was very nice and upfront about the position. As a sales associate I would get paid min. wage plus commission and the better your sales numbers are, the more hours you get.

Montrose, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GNC in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very detailed

Interview Question – Most regarding supplements   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy and fun

Part Time Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GNC.

Interview Details – Got a call from the GNC manager asking if I was still interested in the position (it had been about a month since I put in the application) and why I wanted to work specifically for GNC, we then scheduled a face to face interview. Found a table in the food court and he asked roughtly 15-20 questions which seemed like a ton!! I got a call about 2 days later to come in for a second interview but I declined.

Interview Question – Name a situation when you dealt with confrontation and how did you handle it.
Describe a time when you solved a problem.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was informed it was minimum wage and you are evaluated every few months to make sure you "don't sell too much GNC or too much of a third party product", that basically you had to keep everything in balance or be put on probation. I don't really like the idea that I would have to push a product not necessarily because I think it's the best one for the customer but because I have a certain quota to meet. Just isn't the job for me!

Part Time Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GNC in May 2012.

Interview Details – Online application and in store submission. Interview process is with a store manager, questions vary based on experience in sales, knowledge of nutrition and supplements, general interests.

Interview Question – If a customer came into the store and said I don't like this product, I bought it and am dissatisfied, what do you answer back with?   View Answer

Worked for GNC? Contribute to the Community!