GNC Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GNC.

Interview

No real interview. I felt as if the position I was applying for wasn't a serious part of the company. I felt the interviewer didn't want to be there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Other Interview Reviews for GNC

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GNC.

Interview

Very casual
    They want to know about you as a person, your goals, and what you expect from this job. They specifically are looking for passionate people in sales driven around health and wellness.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Extremely casual
    "Thank you for your time. How's Monday to start?" (Hand shake)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at GNC (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard, I came and submitted my resume in person. Actually ran into the manager and talked to him about the position and my past experience. He gave me his number and told me to call him the following Monday to set up an interview which I did. I interviewed with him and the other store manager where they asked pretty basic questions like what is my sales experience and would I be okay with the pay.

Interview Questions

• What is your sales experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GNC (New York, NY).

Interview

My interview was a 1 on 1 interview with a store manager. During my interview I was questioned about my prior experience and how I thought it would aid my ability to excel in the prospective position. He asked me if I was comfortable working for minimum wage while working to earn additional income through commission.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Went into the store of where I would be working and answered a few questions. Very general questions any one could guess. Do you work out, take vitamins, etc. Was asked if familiar with gold card program. Asked if I believe in it. Very weird question.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe in the Gold Card Program?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GNC (San Luis Obispo, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview I did was incredibly simple. The manager at the office I applied for took me into the back room where we did the interview. He asked me about my job history and my schooling history. He asked me about the best bosses I have had and bad ones I have had. It was a relatively short interview of about 20-30 minutes. The next week I went in and interviewed with the regional manager and we did an interview for another 20-30 minutes. This interview was much more about me asking questions and talking about what went on in the job. Very easy stuff.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was, "Who do you think was your worst boss, and why?" It was difficult because you don't want to seem like you bad talk anyone, or that you are a bad employee. It really wasn't a hard question though.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Essentially no interview. Talk to manager to see if they are hiring, if so apply online.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GNC.

Interview

The process is informal. You will be called in to talk to a store manager and not a professional HR rep. He or she will want you to talk about sales experience not just your experience with products. Associates can be trained on products, what managers really want to know is that you understand this is first and foremost a sales job, and that you want a sales job and that you will be good at making sales. After the interview you will do a follow up phone interview with another manager. Just stay focused on being friendly, easy to work with and committed to making sales.

Interview Questions

• You may be handed a product you are unfamiliar with and asked by the manager to sale it to him or her.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GNC.

Interview

They ask you the usual questions, most managers aren't professional enough or educated enough to actually ask insightful or unique questions....just study basic ones and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating, they pay you minimum wage, and you work part time, end of story.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GNC.

Interview

multiple intervews with manger all across the region and you ave to drive to obsuce locations far away from where you apply

Interview Questions

• are you willing to do what you are told if you don't agree with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

nothing is negotiable