GNC Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.0

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at GNC.

My interview was a 1 on 1 interview with a store manager. During my interview I was questioned about my prior experience and how I thought it would aid my ability to excel in the prospective position. He asked me if I was comfortable working for minimum wage while working to earn additional income through commission.

Other Interview Reviews for GNC

Sales Associate Interview

Went into the store of where I would be working and answered a few questions. Very general questions any one could guess. Do you work out, take vitamins, etc. Was asked if familiar with gold card program. Asked if I believe in it. Very weird question.

Interview Questions
    • Do you believe in the Gold Card Program?   View Answer
    No negotiations.

Sales Associate Interview

Essentially no interview. Talk to manager to see if they are hiring, if so apply online.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GNC.

The process is informal. You will be called in to talk to a store manager and not a professional HR rep. He or she will want you to talk about sales experience not just your experience with products. Associates can be trained on products, what managers really want to know is that you understand this is first and foremost a sales job, and that you want a sales job and that you will be good at making sales. After the interview you will do a follow up phone interview with another manager. Just stay focused on being friendly, easy to work with and committed to making sales.

Interview Questions
    • You may be handed a product you are unfamiliar with and asked by the manager to sale it to him or her.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GNC.

They ask you the usual questions, most managers aren't professional enough or educated enough to actually ask insightful or unique questions....just study basic ones and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating, they pay you minimum wage, and you work part time, end of story.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GNC.

multiple intervews with manger all across the region and you ave to drive to obsuce locations far away from where you apply

Interview Questions
    • are you willing to do what you are told if you don't agree with it.   Answer Question
    nothing is negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at GNC.

Initial call to set up interview. No phone interview involved.
    First interview at store with store manager.
    Basis questions included background, experiences, strength, weakness, and sales role playing.
    Second interview manager of area with similar questions.

Interview Questions
    • What size of clothes do you wear?
      What size of condom do you wear?
        View Answer
    None

Sales Associate Interview

I was contacted by the store manager for a phone interview and then invited for a face to face interview. It went well.

Interview Questions

I had another job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Athens, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at GNC in July 2013.

The interview process was very relaxed. Come dressed to impress and show a basic product knowledge of sports supplements, multi-vitamins, and diet supplements.

Interview Questions
    • What attracted you to GNC, Hard to not answer "the employee discount" The company does train well and gives its employees excellent chances to succeed and move upward.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, everyone starts at the same base. However you can earn bonuses if you exceed quota

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GNC in June 2013.

Had a employee referral, talked to assisted manager 1-on-1 interview , then interview with senior store manager 1-on-1 , took 2 weeks to processs everything

Interview Questions

Worked for GNC? Contribute to the Community!