GNC Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downing, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GNC (Downing, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Relaxed interview process i'm in the store a lot so when i saw the help wanted sign i asked about it and she question me there about what common fitness supplements do.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GNC

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

No real interview. I felt as if the position I was applying for wasn't a serious part of the company. I felt the interviewer didn't want to be there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GNC.

Interview

Very casual They want to know about you as a person, your goals, and what you expect from this job. They specifically are looking for passionate people in sales driven around health and wellness.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Extremely casual "Thank you for your time. How's Monday to start?" (Hand shake)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GNC (Lubbock, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Not too hard. Did have to show how I sell, and if I knew about how GNC came about. Was a pretty average interview. They asked me why I wanted to work there, what I brought to the table, and asked me a few questions about my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to sell them a GNC bag. This was a little awkward considering I was a waitress before this job and had no selling experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GNC (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

They just asked the basic questions such as why do you want to work here, so you know about products: x,y,z do you know what a gold card is etc. it's the most simple interview and you'd have to royally f it up to not get a job.

Interview Questions

• How would you switch somebody from a multivitamin to our vitapak program?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GNC (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard, I came and submitted my resume in person. Actually ran into the manager and talked to him about the position and my past experience. He gave me his number and told me to call him the following Monday to set up an interview which I did. I interviewed with him and the other store manager where they asked pretty basic questions like what is my sales experience and would I be okay with the pay.

Interview Questions

• What is your sales experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GNC (New York, NY).

Interview

My interview was a 1 on 1 interview with a store manager. During my interview I was questioned about my prior experience and how I thought it would aid my ability to excel in the prospective position. He asked me if I was comfortable working for minimum wage while working to earn additional income through commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GNC (Noblesville, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

One interview in person with the hiring manager, and another phone interview with the regional manager. The immediate hiring manager vetted the applicant initially, and the regional manager confirmed that the applicant was appropriate for the position. There were't any strange, unanticipated questions, but I could tell that they wanted to make sure that I was motivated enough to do well in a sales environment one my own, since it is, by and large, a solitary position.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GNC (Simi Valley, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Nothing great, basically you sit there and they decide how easily manipulated you are and whether or not youll put up with their continuous lack of management opportunities and poor treatment. I suggest look good and listen rather than speak your mind because they only want to know if youre willing to take their almost illegal treatment of you, and pay you nothing for it.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Went into the store of where I would be working and answered a few questions. Very general questions any one could guess. Do you work out, take vitamins, etc. Was asked if familiar with gold card program. Asked if I believe in it. Very weird question.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe in the Gold Card Program?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.