GNC

GNC Store Manager Interview Questions

1.4

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GNC in April 2014.

I applied for the store management position, was interviewed by the regional director. Went very well, then I was called for a second interview, was told what I would be doing as a store manager, interviewer explained the benefits and daily procedures. I was told I was pretty much hired and that the regional director would call back to finalize the offer. I received a call a week later from another store manager and was told they needed part time help and that is what they were offering me. WHAT A JOKE!! I have 7 years of experience as a store manager in retail, yet they wanna offer me a part-time, 15 hours a week, $8 an hour pay!!!???? Seriously, what's wrong with this company?? I was told that everyone starts from "the bottom", yet that's not what I was told by the person who interviewed me, they got hired form the outside and was hired as a store manager. Their interviews are very misleading, they want people to believe they are applying for a management position, only to tell them that they would want them to "prove themselves" first. I don't need to prove to you that I am a manager, I have the extensive experience and references to back me up. They use this as a strategy to pay people less $. This place is all a joke, DONT WASTE YOUR TIME, YOU DESERVE BETTER!!!!

Interview Questions

With 7 years of Management retail experience, I deserve more than the $8 an hour they wanted to give me. I don't need to prove myself, I've been there done that!! I know their tactics, that's why their turnover rate is so high, all they can afford to hire are kids straight out of high school because anyone smarter than them will decline their offer!

Other Interview Reviews for GNC

Store Manager Interview

Usually just one interview, just go in with enthusiasm. Retail experience is a plus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GNC in October 2011.

I was promoted from within so there really wasn't a hiring process, I told my manager I wanted to move up and about a month later it happened. However, I've learned that this company's turnover for managers are very high due to the lack of adults. Most of theses managers range 18-25 and it's drama central.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went out of your way for q customer   Answer Question
    • Rate these from most important to least important: Operations, Merchandising, people.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, keep in mind this is partially commission and they will throw that at you a lot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GNC in November 2010.

First there was a phone interview with the Regional Sales Director followed by a second interview via telephone by the District Sales Director. After that there was an offer for employment. Orientation was conducted by the Regional Sales Director as well as the first two days of training. After that there was a 14 day period where senior managers and the regional sales director was in and out of the store.

Interview Questions
    • what can you bring to the table as a store manager for GNC and what are the traits that you feel you will have to improve on the most to be successful in the position   View Answer
    it was on a take it or leave it basis

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GNC in October 2010.

They want you to be passionate about the industry and have a legitimate interest in working in nutrition, homeopathy, etc. as a career path. Tell them your experience, why you're interested and that you want to make a career out of it and they won't even bother with the superfluous "tell me about a time someone disappointed you" type BS that seems standard these days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GNC in May 2009.

Met with the district manager at a KMart in front of a Subway store. We talked for about 30 minutes, he asked me about my base knowledge, and what I would do in certain situations involving customers, or fellow employees.

Interview Questions
    There was debate on which store I would get, first I was offered Somersworth, and then was told with a phone call a couple days later that I was offered Seabrook. I told him I would have to think about it, and then accepted a day later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at GNC in September 2007.

You sit down with a store manger/District manager andthey just basically ask you why you want to work at GNC.

Negotiate?........hahaha.

Store Manager Interview

I exchanged a few emails with the Regional Sales Director in charge of hiring for the position. After that I came into a GNC location for a face to face interview. The manager asked some basic interview questions that weren't too difficult. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What is one aspect about yourself that you like the least?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, but I heard subsequently from colleagues that they were able to increase their offers significantly through negotiation.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GNC in April 2010.

I had a phone interview for my 1st interview. The following week, I interviewed with the Regional Sales Director. Less than 30 minutes after my interview with him, I received a call offering me the position. No background check, no reference check, no drug test. Less than a week later, I am running the store!

No negotiation.