GNC

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at GNC

Interview Details – Usually just one interview, just go in with enthusiasm. Retail experience is a plus.

Interview Question – Be ready to sell the pen.   Answer Question

Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GNC in October 2010.

Interview Details – They want you to be passionate about the industry and have a legitimate interest in working in nutrition, homeopathy, etc. as a career path. Tell them your experience, why you're interested and that you want to make a career out of it and they won't even bother with the superfluous "tell me about a time someone disappointed you" type BS that seems standard these days.

Nashua, NH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GNC in May 2009.

Interview Details – Met with the district manager at a KMart in front of a Subway store. We talked for about 30 minutes, he asked me about my base knowledge, and what I would do in certain situations involving customers, or fellow employees.

Interview Question – None, everything was by the book for an interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was debate on which store I would get, first I was offered Somersworth, and then was told with a phone call a couple days later that I was offered Seabrook. I told him I would have to think about it, and then accepted a day later.

Fort Worth, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at GNC in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was promoted from within so there really wasn't a hiring process, I told my manager I wanted to move up and about a month later it happened. However, I've learned that this company's turnover for managers are very high due to the lack of adults. Most of theses managers range 18-25 and it's drama central.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way for q customer   Answer Question
  • Rate these from most important to least important: Operations, Merchandising, people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, keep in mind this is partially commission and they will throw that at you a lot

Woodbridge, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at GNC in September 2007.

Interview Details – You sit down with a store manger/District manager andthey just basically ask you why you want to work at GNC.

Interview Question – D   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate?........hahaha.

Interviewed at GNC

Interview Details – I exchanged a few emails with the Regional Sales Director in charge of hiring for the position. After that I came into a GNC location for a face to face interview. The manager asked some basic interview questions that weren't too difficult. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – What is one aspect about yourself that you like the least?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I heard subsequently from colleagues that they were able to increase their offers significantly through negotiation.

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GNC in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview for my 1st interview. The following week, I interviewed with the Regional Sales Director. Less than 30 minutes after my interview with him, I received a call offering me the position. No background check, no reference check, no drug test. Less than a week later, I am running the store!

Interview Question – there really weren't any hard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at GNC

Worked for GNC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GNC Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by GNC employees and interview candidates.