GNC

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at GNC in November 2010.

Interview Details – First there was a phone interview with the Regional Sales Director followed by a second interview via telephone by the District Sales Director. After that there was an offer for employment. Orientation was conducted by the Regional Sales Director as well as the first two days of training. After that there was a 14 day period where senior managers and the regional sales director was in and out of the store.

Interview Question – what can you bring to the table as a store manager for GNC and what are the traits that you feel you will have to improve on the most to be successful in the position   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it was on a take it or leave it basis

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GNC in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the store management position, was interviewed by the regional director. Went very well, then I was called for a second interview, was told what I would be doing as a store manager, interviewer explained the benefits and daily procedures. I was told I was pretty much hired and that the regional director would call back to finalize the offer. I received a call a week later from another store manager and was told they needed part time help and that is what they were offering me. WHAT A JOKE!! I have 7 years of experience as a store manager in retail, yet they wanna offer me a part-time, 15 hours a week, $8 an hour pay!!!???? Seriously, what's wrong with this company?? I was told that everyone starts from "the bottom", yet that's not what I was told by the person who interviewed me, they got hired form the outside and was hired as a store manager. Their interviews are very misleading, they want people to believe they are applying for a management position, only to tell them that they would want them to "prove themselves" first. I don't need to prove to you that I am a manager, I have the extensive experience and references to back me up. They use this as a strategy to pay people less $. This place is all a joke, DONT WASTE YOUR TIME, YOU DESERVE BETTER!!!!

Interview Question – None, every question is basic, very easy.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – With 7 years of Management retail experience, I deserve more than the $8 an hour they wanted to give me. I don't need to prove myself, I've been there done that!! I know their tactics, that's why their turnover rate is so high, all they can afford to hire are kids straight out of high school because anyone smarter than them will decline their offer!

Interviewed at GNC

Interview Details – Usually just one interview, just go in with enthusiasm. Retail experience is a plus.

Interview Question – Be ready to sell the pen.   Answer Question

Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GNC in October 2010.

Interview Details – They want you to be passionate about the industry and have a legitimate interest in working in nutrition, homeopathy, etc. as a career path. Tell them your experience, why you're interested and that you want to make a career out of it and they won't even bother with the superfluous "tell me about a time someone disappointed you" type BS that seems standard these days.

Nashua, NH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GNC in May 2009.

Interview Details – Met with the district manager at a KMart in front of a Subway store. We talked for about 30 minutes, he asked me about my base knowledge, and what I would do in certain situations involving customers, or fellow employees.

Interview Question – None, everything was by the book for an interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was debate on which store I would get, first I was offered Somersworth, and then was told with a phone call a couple days later that I was offered Seabrook. I told him I would have to think about it, and then accepted a day later.

Fort Worth, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at GNC in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was promoted from within so there really wasn't a hiring process, I told my manager I wanted to move up and about a month later it happened. However, I've learned that this company's turnover for managers are very high due to the lack of adults. Most of theses managers range 18-25 and it's drama central.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way for q customer   Answer Question
  • Rate these from most important to least important: Operations, Merchandising, people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, keep in mind this is partially commission and they will throw that at you a lot

Woodbridge, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at GNC in September 2007.

Interview Details – You sit down with a store manger/District manager andthey just basically ask you why you want to work at GNC.

Interview Question – D   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate?........hahaha.

Interviewed at GNC

Interview Details – I exchanged a few emails with the Regional Sales Director in charge of hiring for the position. After that I came into a GNC location for a face to face interview. The manager asked some basic interview questions that weren't too difficult. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – What is one aspect about yourself that you like the least?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I heard subsequently from colleagues that they were able to increase their offers significantly through negotiation.

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GNC in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview for my 1st interview. The following week, I interviewed with the Regional Sales Director. Less than 30 minutes after my interview with him, I received a call offering me the position. No background check, no reference check, no drug test. Less than a week later, I am running the store!

Interview Question – there really weren't any hard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at GNC

Worked for GNC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GNC Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by GNC employees and interview candidates.