GNY Insurance Companies

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at GNY Insurance Companies

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at GNY Insurance Companies.

I saw GNY was hiring entry level positions in the paper in March and applied then. They didn't contact me until 2 months later when they asked if I was still interested and called me in for an interview. I went to the interview and interviewed with the recruiter, the trainer, and 2 VP's of the company. The recruiter emailed me a few hours later and basically told me I had the job pending a background check. A week later I got the official offer.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions. Expect behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. There is a set pay for the program.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GNY Insurance Companies in June 2013.

I submitted my resume online, received a phone call for an interview within 3 weeks, and then was called with a job offer two weeks after that. I accepted and was working within a few weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my previous real estate experience and my knowledge of the company.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate, but it is my understanding there was room to.

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GNY Insurance Companies.

Position advertised in newspaper, had a former colleague who already worked there. Email resume and cover letter, called back next day by Human resources discussed my salary requirements, was told number was in line. Appointment 2 days later with Underwriting Manager 1 hour. Was told that unfortunately the CEO was unavailable could I come back tomorrow to meet with him. Met with CEO next day, meeting lasted 1/2 hour. By the time I got back home I was made an offer via email.

Interview Questions
    • What were my limits of authority at my prior position.   View Answer
    No negotiations. Was told by colleague don't bother. Not even additional vacation time. Take the offer or go elsewhere. I waited 2 days before I accepted offer, had no choice if I wanted to work for an insurance carrier, only position available.

Marketing Manager Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at GNY Insurance Companies in August 2012.

Although there was a misinterpretation of my passion to want to bring my confirmed successful track record as a marketing manager to GNY Insurance Companies it would be extremely disappointing to not have an opportunity to be a part of this firm. I approached them as the research I did showed GNY to be an exceptional company from the top to the bottom as well as their product line and potential for profitability for many years to come. Their HR department was extremely gracious, polite and enjoyeable people. Mr. & Ms. Heck were very intelligent forward thinking leaders whose vision would be a pleasure to strategically map out a short and long term marketing plan. I found the atmosphere and people to be welcoming and comforting. This company has the potential to profitably double in 10 years with the current leadership that is in place and the right person leading their marketing strategy.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions but truly pay attention as they have a vision and they will require a very talented person in order to have an opportunity to put it in place.   Answer Question