GNY Insurance Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Underwriter Interview

Senior Underwriter
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at GNY Insurance Companies.

Interview Details – Position advertised in newspaper, had a former colleague who already worked there. Email resume and cover letter, called back next day by Human resources discussed my salary requirements, was told number was in line. Appointment 2 days later with Underwriting Manager 1 hour. Was told that unfortunately the CEO was unavailable could I come back tomorrow to meet with him. Met with CEO next day, meeting lasted 1/2 hour. By the time I got back home I was made an offer via email.

Interview Question – What were my limits of authority at my prior position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Was told by colleague don't bother. Not even additional vacation time. Take the offer or go elsewhere. I waited 2 days before I accepted offer, had no choice if I wanted to work for an insurance carrier, only position available.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Marketing Manager Position Interview

Marketing Manager Position
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 7 months - interviewed at GNY Insurance Companies in August 2012.

Interview Details – Although there was a misinterpretation of my passion to want to bring my confirmed successful track record as a marketing manager to GNY Insurance Companies it would be extremely disappointing to not have an opportunity to be a part of this firm. I approached them as the research I did showed GNY to be an exceptional company from the top to the bottom as well as their product line and potential for profitability for many years to come. Their HR department was extremely gracious, polite and enjoyeable people. Mr. & Ms. Heck were very intelligent forward thinking leaders whose vision would be a pleasure to strategically map out a short and long term marketing plan. I found the atmosphere and people to be welcoming and comforting. This company has the potential to profitably double in 10 years with the current leadership that is in place and the right person leading their marketing strategy.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions but truly pay attention as they have a vision and they will require a very talented person in order to have an opportunity to put it in place.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for GNY Insurance Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GNY Insurance Companies interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by GNY Insurance Companies employees and interview candidates.