GP Strategies

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Training Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GP Strategies.

Interview Details – The interview process was very pleasant.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your former employer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minor negotiations to get a slight increase.

Interviewed at GP Strategies

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward.

Interview Question – What challenges did you overcome in your last job?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GP Strategies.

Interview Details – Interview over the phone followed by an interview in person. Was invited back for a second interview and was then offered the position a few days later.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you failed, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Automation Instructor Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GP Strategies in June 2012.

Interview Details – 3 month phone & Skype interview process followed by notification that they are unable to fill any positions for the next 2 months. Pitiful.

Hiring includes a 1 year probationary period during which you receive no benefits and work on a "contract" status.

They failed to come through on every level. Probationary period was longer, hiring date was postponed, travel exceeded their representation, and after jumping through their hoops as a contract laborer, they came back with a salary lower than negotiated.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Mostly job related.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated my wage and probationary period down for a year to 3 months. After the negotiated time-frame, they drug their feet for another 3 to 4 months then failed to come through with the negotiated salary.

Pottstown, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GP Strategies.

Interview Details – During the interview process I met with 5 members of the team. It felt almost like an ambush. The team was dressed in jeans and hoodies and requested that I come in in a suit. It was uncomfortable and unprofessional.

Interview Question – They will have you participate in a practicum. Even if you have never worked in training development or instructional design before. They just want to see if you crack under pressure.   Answer Question

Multimedia Developer Interview

Elkridge, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GP Strategies in June 2012.

Interview Details – Typically phone interview then in-person. Went very well and overall was good.

Interview Question – I was asked to look at live sample to debug an issue.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a base rate but it was better than what I currently had.

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GP Strategies in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process included two phone screens with team management. A heavy emphasis was placed on soft skills and “fit throughout the process. The team was very friendly, and was not aggressive in their interview styles. Many questions were scenario based, asking me how I’d deal with certain client scenarios.

Interview Question – How would the people you have worked with describe you?   Answer Question

Training Coordinator
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GP Strategies in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was emailed and called asking to interview with GP Strategies. I was interviewed by a Training Coordinator Specialist and her boss via telephone. I was asked about 15 questions and the interview took about 45 minutes long. I was told to expect to hear back from them within two weeks. Its been five weeks now and no one is replying to my emails or phone calls.

Interview Question – What is it about the people you work with that you enjoy the most?   Answer Question

Instructional Designer

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GP Strategies.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume to Option Six. It took them a while to call me (Option six was acquired by GP Strategies).

They asked the basics ID questions
--Tell me about role in this project
--What is good instructional design
-How have you dealt with a negative team member

Interview Question – Nothing was unusual   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation phase. I was happy with the hourly rate

Training Coordinator Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GP Strategies.

Interview Details – Interview started with HR on the phone. They really asked many of the questions on my background and being very specific. Next step was interviewing with another training coordinator then finally with the project manager. The questions were all focused on experience and dealing with logistics of my last job.

Interview Question – What was the biggest challenge on your last job and how did you overcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR called me on the phone and told me they would email me a letter of the offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for GP Strategies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GP Strategies interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by GP Strategies employees and interview candidates.