GP Strategies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2015

2.6

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GP Strategies (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR via email by a very nice woman who was concientous about every aspect of my process as an interviewee and then I had a phone interview with her. After that I was scheduled for a face to face interview where I met with 3 people. It was the hierarchy of their team and two had come from other states. They were all 3 the nicest, most gracious and warm people. It was a really nice experience.

Interview Questions

• If I've ever had a disagreement or difference of opinion with another co-oworker and how did I handle that, what did I do about it.   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GP Strategies (Columbia, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

I received an email from an HR rep requesting a date and time I could attend a phone interview. After the phone interview they said I was a good candidate and a formal in-person interview was set-up. The next day I was asked to complete a job application and provide 4 references. The next day I received a call from HR with a formal job offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several questions about my previous work experience.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GP Strategies (Columbia, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview that was simply behavioral. After that, I had one in-house interview and was offered the position two days later. The in-house interview was straight forward. My interview was a conversation between the two people interviewing me. They don't ask you any trick questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most essential trait to being successful in this position?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Interviews were conducted over the phone. The recruiter did a nice job scheduling and coordinating the interviews. There were a few surprises around the number of people on the interview call and the style of questioning. Going forward, the interviewers should consider how to balance out the "realities" of the position with the benefits of a career at GP Strategies. They need to remember that while they are interviewing, the candidate is also interviewing them in terms of cultural fit and career opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What project methodology do you apply during your projects?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Applied online, and was invited to sit with several other interviewees for a round-robin interview in the Alexandria VA office. We each got about 15 minutes to talk to three different people. The interviewers kept changing because they had to "put out fires" and other employees were constantly running around. Some interviewers hadn't even seen my resume. Wait times were long, and the process took a few hours (even though I only spoke to actual employees for about 45 minutes total). I thought it was disrespectful to the prospective employees who made the time and effort. A few weeks after the interview, I got a mass email from the Columbia MD office with a series of questions such as: How many years of experience do you have? (Uh... look at my resume!) What is your desired salary? (Didn't I tell you on the online application?) ...I just ignored the email, because the company had clearly proven to me that they had no respect for my time or effort.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. Fairly typical questions.   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GP Strategies.

Interview

GP utilizes a behavior based interview strategy. Come fully prepared to give specific examples and show how you successfully navigated difficult experiences in the past. The panel interview consists of top leadership and is more a cultural fit than technical screen.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wish to leave your current place of employment to join our team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are tough negotiators, however I was able to negotiate $3,500 above the offer and gain senior responsiblilities

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GP Strategies (Columbia, MD).

Interview

applied online, heard back from the recruiter (very nice lady), and kept in touch with the recruiter. A few weeks later did a informal quick phone interview, then went in for a formal interview. hired the following week.

Interview Questions

• After explaining the project they asked, "What can you bring to the table?"   1 Answer

Training Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GP Strategies.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minor negotiations to get a slight increase.

Instructional Designer Interview

Interview

Pretty straight forward.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GP Strategies.

Interview

Interview over the phone followed by an interview in person. Was invited back for a second interview and was then offered the position a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you failed, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question