GP Strategies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.6

Consultant Interview

Applied online, and was invited to sit with several other interviewees for a round-robin interview in the Alexandria VA office. We each got about 15 minutes to talk to three different people. The interviewers kept changing because they had to "put out fires" and other employees were constantly running around. Some interviewers hadn't even seen my resume. Wait times were long, and the process took a few hours (even though I only spoke to actual employees for about 45 minutes total). I thought it was disrespectful to the prospective employees who made the time and effort.

A few weeks after the interview, I got a mass email from the Columbia MD office with a series of questions such as: How many years of experience do you have? (Uh... look at my resume!) What is your desired salary? (Didn't I tell you on the online application?) ...I just ignored the email, because the company had clearly proven to me that they had no respect for my time or effort.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Fairly typical questions.   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at GP Strategies.

GP utilizes a behavior based interview strategy. Come fully prepared to give specific examples and show how you successfully navigated difficult experiences in the past. The panel interview consists of top leadership and is more a cultural fit than technical screen.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you wish to leave your current place of employment to join our team?   Answer Question
    They are tough negotiators, however I was able to negotiate $3,500 above the offer and gain senior responsiblilities

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GP Strategies.

applied online, heard back from the recruiter (very nice lady), and kept in touch with the recruiter. A few weeks later did a informal quick phone interview, then went in for a formal interview. hired the following week.

Interview Questions
    • After explaining the project they asked, "What can you bring to the table?"   View Answer

Training Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GP Strategies.

The interview process was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    Minor negotiations to get a slight increase.

Pretty straight forward.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at GP Strategies.

Interview over the phone followed by an interview in person. Was invited back for a second interview and was then offered the position a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you failed, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pottstown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pottstown, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at GP Strategies.

During the interview process I met with 5 members of the team. It felt almost like an ambush. The team was dressed in jeans and hoodies and requested that I come in in a suit. It was uncomfortable and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • They will have you participate in a practicum. Even if you have never worked in training development or instructional design before. They just want to see if you crack under pressure.   Answer Question

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GP Strategies in August 2012.

I was emailed and called asking to interview with GP Strategies. I was interviewed by a Training Coordinator Specialist and her boss via telephone. I was asked about 15 questions and the interview took about 45 minutes long. I was told to expect to hear back from them within two weeks. Its been five weeks now and no one is replying to my emails or phone calls.

Interview Questions
    • What is it about the people you work with that you enjoy the most?   Answer Question

Multimedia Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elkridge, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkridge, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at GP Strategies in June 2012.

Typically phone interview then in-person. Went very well and overall was good.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to look at live sample to debug an issue.   View Answer
    I was offered a base rate but it was better than what I currently had.

Automation Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GP Strategies in June 2012.

3 month phone & Skype interview process followed by notification that they are unable to fill any positions for the next 2 months. Pitiful.

Hiring includes a 1 year probationary period during which you receive no benefits and work on a "contract" status.

They failed to come through on every level. Probationary period was longer, hiring date was postponed, travel exceeded their representation, and after jumping through their hoops as a contract laborer, they came back with a salary lower than negotiated.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated my wage and probationary period down for a year to 3 months. After the negotiated time-frame, they drug their feet for another 3 to 4 months then failed to come through with the negotiated salary.

Worked for GP Strategies? Contribute to the Community!