GREE International

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at GREE International.

Interview Details – Submitted an application online, and received a response from a recruiter immediately. Set up a phone interview with a recruiter. This was followed by a second phone screen with a PM, which was prefaced by a short assignment regarding a mobile game. Asked to go on-site for four interviews with PMs (told ahead of time which ones), though only three of them actually happened (about 45 minutes each). PMs asked some background questions and then very practical questions regarding games - how would you monetize, what would set it apart, etc. Knowledge of existing games in the market is very helpful.

After the interview, took about three weeks before the offer was extended, then a few more weeks to settle start and end date.

Interview Question – If you could make any mobile game right now, what would it be and why.   Answer Question

Product Manager
Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at GREE International in January 2013.

Interview Details – When I applied, I was an American citizen working in Singapore. For international hires, GREE was gathering applicants through Top Career International. Submit an application, get a call back if they like your CV to let you know that you're in the running, and get an interview. This part took around 6 weeks.

A couple weeks after the Top Career interview, I was granted a GREE interview with a product manager. We just chatted about mobile games, team management, the variety of work that comes up in any office now. It was a vetting process, essentially.

Another week later I was notified that I'd passed the first GREE interview, and that I'd be contacted for another interview in a month or two. Just saying this to illustrate that it was a long, long process. This next interview was with the vice president of marketing, and it was through a translator (GREE is a Japanese company, but one of their benefits is covering the cost of learning the language - very thoughtful). The cultural and translatorial barrier was all too much, though. The interview went on for about 45 minutes before the VP had to run, and neither of us could gage the feel of the other.

Then we played cat and mouse with scheduling another followup interview, and a few weeks later I had the final chat with another product manager. We essentially talked shop, which seemed like a great sign. Swapped tips, talked about strategy, and a bit on office culture.

Then I got an email a week later, after a near-four month hiring process, unceremoniously telling me that they were going in another direction.

Interview Question – What is your favorite app? What sort of external communication strategies would you employ to gather feedback and get the word out about it?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at GREE International in May 2012.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional.
Recruiter called to schedule an interview, the next day her superior called to say that the position had been filled the previous day.
I'm very dissapointed, GREE.

Interview Question – Asked to schedule, verified some background info.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GREE International in March 2012.

Interview Details – Had 2 phone interviews. First one was with a recruiter, second one was with a product manager. The first phone call was about 10-15mins. The recruiter asked me general questions about how I found out about the company, why I wanted to work there, etc. The second interview was more specific. Manager asked me about how I would improve certain games and expand it. Also asked me some behavioral questions to see how I would assess the situation and make decisions.

Interview Question – What are some games you play? As a product manager, how would you improve it or bring it to the next level? What would you concentrate on?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for GREE International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GREE International Product Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by GREE International employees and interview candidates.