GREE International

2.6

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GREE International.

Interview process was very smooth, contacted by recruiter to set up in person interview. In-person interview was pretty long 4-hours with 4 different managers. Questions more the less the same, with a basic excel test at the end

Software Engineer - Python Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GREE International in May 2014.

Applied online. Recruiter got back to me by email and arranged phone interview with one of the developer. Easy algorithm based questions. They invited me to onsite interview. Then, I was interviewed by 4 people. One was algorithm question, pair programming, and one took me out to the coffee, and one was held in different conference room but asked me basic question about javascript or random computer science related questions. There was no feedback after the interview. I contacted and asked interview results for the recruiters but yet no answer. It seemed a good place to work but I was big negative point not getting back to me. I wish at least they got back to me something.

Interview Questions
    • I am surprised that that one of the interviewer decided to take me out to the coffee.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GREE International in March 2014.

1st phone interview with HM -- general technical questions
    2nd coding test with HM --- standard case study
    3rd onsite interview with HM, two team members, and two other team leads -- general technical questions and mostly open discussion with no unique right answer.

Onsite seems like I received all positive feedbacks

Interview Questions
    • There is no very difficult question. Mostly general technical questions and mostly open discussion with no unique right answer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer - Backend Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at GREE International.

Had an phone interview first then invited for onsite interview. Office is really near to caltrain station which is good. Open environment. Had 4 or 5 round couldn't remember. One round was coding test with a laptop they offered for one and half hour.

Interview Questions
    • Just normal algorithm questions. Talk with a senior about some sql problem. Since this is a position for the backend of their games, he asked something about real problem they've met   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GREE International in June 2013.

I applied for two positions within months apart from each other. The overall interview process was "just okay". The recruiting coordinator that organized everything was slow and never responded back to the interview results.........twice. Apparently, it seems that once they decided on someone, they forget all the other interviewees and the time they spent there.

When you receive an email with the list of people that will interview you, don't rely on it because the people on the list change and there may be more people interviewing you as well.

The interviewers that interviewed me for both positions were unprepared and didn't even show that they enjoyed working there (which is a red flag for a prospective employee).

After the interview, don't expect them to follow up with the results. Based on the way they acted and how disorganized they are, I don't have high hopes for this company.

Interview Questions
    • "I didn't get a chance to look at your resume. Tell me about your experience?" "Why should you work for us?"   Answer Question

Software Engineer - Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GREE International in May 2013.

Initial phone call that asked a lot of technical questions. I was invited onsite for a 5 hour technical round. The most unprofessional company as far as the interviews are concerned. I was scheduled to start speaking to a person at 12:45PM. The interviewer arrived at 01:10PM. I was slightly nervous about the interview. This person was not at all helping me calm down even though he was the first to interview. We had disagreements and he started getting frustrated and irritated which made me nervous all the more. In short the worst interviewer if people asked me for a review. Then next came in another interviewer he asked me to code a problem statement. This went well. This person came in after 1.5 hours to check back on me. I finished coding the problem and he asked me all sorts of questions related to my code. I was able to answer them. Then came in 2 people at the same time. They asked me a question. While I was trying to explain the solution to them one of them was sniggering. After 20 minutes this person left the room leaving me with the other interviewer. I do not know the outcome of this round though I did my best to answer his questions. Later on the HR walked in and he told me that the last person is sick and he had to leave for home. So they will schedule another call next week. I knew something was not right. After I left the place and after 2 days I got a mail saying they were moving ahead with another candidate. After this interview experience I was anyways not interested to work with such unprofessional people.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at GREE International in March 2013.

Was contacted out of the blue by a recruiter then they followed up by having me contact another recruiter. I was brought in for an interview and only asked technical questions, nothing at all about management. I was subsequently offered a title of Lead Server Engineer (which was essentially a euphemism for software engineer with higher pay). I did not appreciate the bait and switch tactic.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were actually difficult. It was an extremely easy interview.   Answer Question

I declined because the pay was low and it wasn't the title they offered. I do not appreciate the bait and switch technique at all. I would seriously avoid this company.

Lead 3D Environment Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GREE International in March 2013.

A series of interviews with facility art director, facility TD, team art director, and producer. Took about 3 hours total. The facility art director chose not to come in that day--turns out Gree was getting ready to lay off 150 employees later that same week from undisclosed projects at the interview location.

Interview Questions
    • Only the producer had actually looked at my portfolio AT ALL--ridiculous--so it necessitated hand-holding them through the material. The facility TD also asked technical details on work that was more than 5 years old--not details for things like how something was created, but odd specifics like why are certain wireframes green and why are others purple. (this was grouping info for the game engine, but beyond that I couldn't remember what else it may have been used for   View Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GREE International.

Came in for an interview twice. Once to meet with various members of teams I'd be working with on a day to day basis and once with higher management to approve me for "cultural fit." The recruiters were very on top of things and were always available if I had questions about next steps.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GREE International.

Submitted an application online, and received a response from a recruiter immediately. Set up a phone interview with a recruiter. This was followed by a second phone screen with a PM, which was prefaced by a short assignment regarding a mobile game. Asked to go on-site for four interviews with PMs (told ahead of time which ones), though only three of them actually happened (about 45 minutes each). PMs asked some background questions and then very practical questions regarding games - how would you monetize, what would set it apart, etc. Knowledge of existing games in the market is very helpful.

After the interview, took about three weeks before the offer was extended, then a few more weeks to settle start and end date.

Interview Questions
    • If you could make any mobile game right now, what would it be and why.   Answer Question