GS Lab Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2014
Updated Aug 29, 2014

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baner (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baner (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GS Lab.

The process is roughly as follows:
    1. Technical Aptitude + Coding (No Trains, No calenders and No wastage of time however there are few analytical questions or sometimes Brain Teasers) Time isn't really a problem here, you definitely get more that what you need provided you are a decent programmer.

2. Technical Interview 1: Generally Software Architects or Associate architects in the company take this one. So it is pretty thorough. It lasts about 45-90 minutes.
        It is probably the hardest round to crack. The questions are conceptual and/or algorithmic. and require analysis. If you can not solve or do not know stuff, it is better to say "I don't know" rather that creating stuff there because with the experience those interviewers have, it's very probable that they are experts in that domain.

3. Technical Interview 2: Very similar to Technical Interview 1 except that it is conducted by even more senior person. And the questions are totally conceptual and understanding based.

4. Technical Interview 3: [Optional] It really depends on the circumstances that whether you will go through this interview. But if you do need to go thorough this round then it will definitely be more difficult than the first two rounds. But most probably this stage won't come.

5. HR Interview: This is the last part of the process. This lasts for about 20 minutes.the questions are about personal life and interest etc. Unless you say something really stupid or give them reason not to choose you, you will make through this round.

Interview Questions
    • Upon saying that C is my preferred language, I was asked "How will you parse a regular expression in C?"   View Answer

QA Lead Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GS Lab.

Mostly face to face rounds happens and in one day all things gets clear and also interview process is straight forward. HR also helpful. Online application also gets consider is the very good positive side of the company. Most of company not gives the priority to the online applications. But as per my exp, I got call within one hour after online CV submission.

Interview Questions
    • UNIX and Process related. Again its depends on your Cv   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Applied through college campus.
    an online test link was sent, contained logic, c, os, network questions.
    At end of the day called shortlisted candidates for interview next daay morning.
    Next day at Baner office took 2 simple technical interview, following project based interview with senior developer, following HR round which was just to know about personal background.
    Overall interviewers were very friendly and interviews were fun.

Project Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at GS Lab in June 2014.

1. online test including submitting code for a given problem statement
    2. technical interview
    3. hr interview
    technical team wanted to give us project but hr without having a talk told us u r have not cleared interview which we knew wasn't right.

Interview Questions
    • i was to select 3 domain of my interest, and they asked a question on virtualization which was not my interest   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GS Lab.

First there was a Aptitude Test consisting of Technical and Quantitative Aptitude. Followed by Programming Round. After that there were two technical rounds. One based on all core subjects in Engineering and the other based on programming round and linux networking concepts.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to write a Student database management program in C. Then in the second technical round was asked to rewrite the code with sorting the student names without using any standard C library function.   Answer Question

Software Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GS Lab in August 2013.

Apti +2 Technical Interviews + 1 HR (final)

Interview Questions
    • What do you think what we do in Software Testing?   View Answer

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GS Lab in August 2013.

!st there was an aptitude test. In which there were 2 types(Tests were different for QA job and developer job)In developer apti more emphasis was given on programming whereas for QA we have to formulate some test cases.
    After clearing this round there were interviews. Minimum of 2 technical interviews and 1 HR. In technical interview questions were asked on all comp engg subjects like Networks,OS,DS,DBMS.Questions were also asked about projects from previous semesters.Also some puzzles arre asked.

Interview Questions
    • Networking..who makes entries for mapping IP address to Domain names in   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GS Lab in August 2013.

Programming round (7 programs) to run online on their tool.(programs on array, pointers ,pointer to structure)
    Technical 1st (basica Java, CPP, C,SQL)
    Technical 2nd round(basic networking concepts, in depth Project, code on paper like user defined functions of strings etc)
    HR round

Interview Questions
    • Networking concepts and in depth questions on Project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GS Lab in July 2013.

It was 4 step process.Initially I had online aptitude consisting of technical questions on Java,Cpp,networking, databases and mainly programs (checked by online compiler).Later shortlisting done and called for interview in Pune. This was followed by 2 technical interviews and HR interview with rejection at each phase. 1st technical was 2:1 and 2nd was 1:1 but more practical..

Interview Questions
    • write sql query to get nth maximum salary from database.Triggers and procedures?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

First there was a online test which includes some programs . If any program getting error you will be disqualified from test at that moment. So all programs should be correct one . Then actual interview process . 2 Technical and 1 H R interview . 1st TI based on projects , DS , Networking , OS , C , C++ basics. Minimum elimanition from 1 st round . Then 2nd round tougher in which they focused on virtualization,linux,networking protocol in detail also difficult programs in C asks to write test cases for different situations . maximum elimanation from 2 nd round . Candidates appearing for HR usually get selected.

Interview Questions
    • Write a C program to make zip file for given directory ?   Answer Question