Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at GS Lab
- Software Engineer (11)
- Senior Software Engineer (2)
- Software Developer (2)
- Developer (2)
- Project (1)
- QA (1)
- Technical Lead (1)
- Manual Testing (1)
- QA Lead (1)
- Software Testing (1)
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at GS Lab.
Technical Round 1
Technical Round 2
First Interview was taken by QA lead where as I was selected as Software Developer
Second Interview was taken by Developer lead
HR Round was taken by a Junior HR
- Everything other than Java when I was supposed to work on Java Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 1 day – interviewed at GS Lab (Pune (India)) in February 2015.
Was contacted through naukri.com and then scheduled an interview . 1st round apti in that some obj questions and then had to write test cases based on a scenario after that 2 technical rounds then 2 hr rounds . After all this I was told I was selected and even asked to upload the pre joining docs and then they didnt even give me the offer letter . They offer really good packages.
- if there's a glass filled with water how will you divide it to exact half without any measuring instruments 1 Answer
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at GS Lab (Pune (India)) in December 2014.
Process took 1 day.
Got a call from HR asking for more details of work and experience.
2 interview rounds F2F
All rounds on Data structiure and Algorithms.
Also asked some C++ questions and C output of programs.
The interview covered depth but breadth is missing
- Data structure & Algorithms
C++ Answer Question
- Data structure & Algorithms
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days – interviewed at GS Lab (Baner (India)).
The process is roughly as follows:
1. Technical Aptitude + Coding (No Trains, No calenders and No wastage of time however there are few analytical questions or sometimes Brain Teasers) Time isn't really a problem here, you definitely get more that what you need provided you are a decent programmer.
2. Technical Interview 1: Generally Software Architects or Associate architects in the company take this one. So it is pretty thorough. It lasts about 45-90 minutes.
It is probably the hardest round to crack. The questions are conceptual and/or algorithmic. and require analysis. If you can not solve or do not know stuff, it is better to say "I don't know" rather that creating stuff there because with the experience those interviewers have, it's very probable that they are experts in that domain.
3. Technical Interview 2: Very similar to Technical Interview 1 except that it is conducted by even more senior person. And the questions are totally conceptual and understanding based.
4. Technical Interview 3: [Optional] It really depends on the circumstances that whether you will go through this interview. But if you do need to go thorough this round then it will definitely be more difficult than the first two rounds. But most probably this stage won't come.
5. HR Interview: This is the last part of the process. This lasts for about 20 minutes.the questions are about personal life and interest etc. Unless you say something really stupid or give them reason not to choose you, you will make through this round.
- Upon saying that C is my preferred language, I was asked "How will you parse a regular expression in C?" 1 Answer
Helpful (1)No Offer
I applied online – interviewed at GS Lab.
Mostly face to face rounds happens and in one day all things gets clear and also interview process is straight forward. HR also helpful. Online application also gets consider is the very good positive side of the company. Most of company not gives the priority to the online applications. But as per my exp, I got call within one hour after online CV submission.
- UNIX and Process related. Again its depends on your Cv Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive Experience
Applied through college campus.
an online test link was sent, contained logic, c, os, network questions.
At end of the day called shortlisted candidates for interview next daay morning.
Next day at Baner office took 2 simple technical interview, following project based interview with senior developer, following HR round which was just to know about personal background.
Overall interviewers were very friendly and interviews were fun.
- A program related to little/big endian system. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days – interviewed at GS Lab (Pune (India)) in June 2014.
1. online test including submitting code for a given problem statement
2. technical interview
3. hr interview
technical team wanted to give us project but hr without having a talk told us u r have not cleared interview which we knew wasn't right.
- i was to select 3 domain of my interest, and they asked a question on virtualization which was not my interest 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day – interviewed at GS Lab (Pune (India)).
First there was a Aptitude Test consisting of Technical and Quantitative Aptitude. Followed by Programming Round. After that there were two technical rounds. One based on all core subjects in Engineering and the other based on programming round and linux networking concepts.
- I was asked to write a Student database management program in C. Then in the second technical round was asked to rewrite the code with sorting the student names without using any standard C library function. Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days – interviewed at GS Lab (Pune (India)) in August 2013.
Apti +2 Technical Interviews + 1 HR (final)
- What do you think what we do in Software Testing? 1 Answer
- No OfferAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days – interviewed at GS Lab (Pune (India)) in August 2013.
!st there was an aptitude test. In which there were 2 types(Tests were different for QA job and developer job)In developer apti more emphasis was given on programming whereas for QA we have to formulate some test cases.
After clearing this round there were interviews. Minimum of 2 technical interviews and 1 HR. In technical interview questions were asked on all comp engg subjects like Networks,OS,DS,DBMS.Questions were also asked about projects from previous semesters.Also some puzzles arre asked.
- Networking..who makes entries for mapping IP address to Domain names in Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review