GSEC Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ

Updated Mar 15, 2015
Updated Mar 15, 2015

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GSEC (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

After the HR there was a phone interview with a VP, followed by three rounds of interviews. There were two people interviewing in each round, usually all on the same super day.

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at GSEC (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

Applied through school website and was invited to interview on campus. People were very friendly and were mostly alumni from my university. I came in for one 1:1 interview with an MD and a 2:1 interview with two VPs. Questions were all fit and behavioral like "tell me a time you acted as a leader.....or tell me a time something went wrong and how did you address it....etc" Other questions to know are "why goldman sachs?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that's not on the resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate because I was happy with getting anything at that point.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at GSEC (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2010.

Interview

Phone screen was easy, some basic java questions followed by relatively easy SQL question. The last question was the kind of ridiculous "gotcha" type of question which some interviewers like to ask , akin to the problem they had at one point and it took them a week to figure it out, but they feel compelled to ask you the same question at the phone screen. Got invited to the face to face interview. One of the interviewers was a slimeball I did not answer one question correctly (easy one) , simply because I dont remember all detail of API , the guy kept smiling without correcting me , basically behaving as if I answered it great. Other interviewers were very sceptical about my resume , it felt like I was fake in their eyes, not sure why. My overall impression is that this company does not have morals. By talking to a girl , I realized that there is a real fear of layoffs present in the building, despite current hiring. I wish good luck to a guy who will get this job, instead of me, as I dont think I could work there, even if I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• There were no really difficult questions , lots of questions about joins , how to do left joins etc.   Answer Question