GSEC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Operations Summer Analyst
Jersey City, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at GSEC in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through school website and was invited to interview on campus. People were very friendly and were mostly alumni from my university. I came in for one 1:1 interview with an MD and a 2:1 interview with two VPs. Questions were all fit and behavioral like "tell me a time you acted as a leader.....or tell me a time something went wrong and how did you address it....etc" Other questions to know are "why goldman sachs?"

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself that's not on the resume   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't really negotiate because I was happy with getting anything at that point.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at GSEC in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen was easy, some basic java questions followed by relatively easy SQL question. The last question was the kind of ridiculous "gotcha" type of question which some interviewers like to ask , akin to the problem they had at one point and it took them a week to figure it out, but they feel compelled to ask you the same question at the phone screen. Got invited to the face to face interview. One of the interviewers was a slimeball I did not answer one question correctly (easy one) , simply because I dont remember all detail of API , the guy kept smiling without correcting me , basically behaving as if I answered it great. Other interviewers were very sceptical about my resume , it felt like I was fake in their eyes, not sure why. My overall impression is that this company does not have morals. By talking to a girl , I realized that there is a real fear of layoffs present in the building, despite current hiring. I wish good luck to a guy who will get this job, instead of me, as I dont think I could work there, even if I got an offer.

Interview Question – There were no really difficult questions , lots of questions about joins , how to do left joins etc.   Answer Question

Worked for GSEC? Contribute to the Community!