GSEC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Analyst At GSEC Interview

Operations Analyst At GSEC
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GSEC in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for an operations analyst position with Goldman Sachs in SLC. I had a general interview/conversation with HR. This was quite unique because I was not expecting to hear back but receive an unexpected call from the GS HR rep. He asked me basic questions about salary range, work experience, why I am leaving my job etc. About 2 weeks later I was scheduled for 2 hours worth of phone interview consisting of 4 interviews, 30 minutes per interview with 4 different individuals. After this interview I was informed that even though I had done well GS Ops had decided to go with another candidate but due to my performance they wanted to consider me for a similar position with another operations division called GSEC.

About 2 weeks later I went to the GS Washington DC office to have a video conferencing interview. Again this was 2 hours with 4 different individuals, 30 mins each. After going through this I was called about 3 weeks later for a final interview with senior level management. This was an hour worth of interviews 30 mins each with the Vice President of GSEC and another senior level executive. Similar to all other interview shortly after this interview on the same day I received a call from the HR rep telling me I had performed well and GS wanted to move forward in the process.

About a week later I had a 30 minute phone conversation with another HR rep about my salary history and work background. About 3 weeks after this conversation I received my offer. Due to the fact I had never been to SLC or met the team I would be working with I requested that GS fly me to SLC to meet the team and see the office before I gave a response as to whether or not I would accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Rank these three in order of importance,- risk management, client service, efficency   Answer Question
  • Tell me a team you dealt with conflict in a team you were a part of?   Answer Question
  • Generally alot of questions about resume, team work and why GS, why operations, are you comfortable with living in SLC   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided Operations was not for me

Worked for GSEC? Contribute to the Community!