GSI Group

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at GSI Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – Was kept "warm" for over five months, with intermittent messages explaining that on-site interviews were imminent and then NOTHING. Each time I asked if my candidacy was strong, I got the answer that I was definitely on top of the list. There were three separate cancellations and procrastinations. Finally, I travel onsite, with about 4 hours of interviews. I then get a call by the embarrassed recruiter who informs me that they have decided to go with an HR person that came with an acquisition. Fine. Great. But what a waste of time and energy. BTW, when I let me impressions be known about my experience, the head of HR called me to tell me how busy her company is. She then said she would no longer consider me as an active candidate for the position. Really? I am not an active candidate. Highly unprofessional organization. Lots of overpaid fat cats from huge multi-layered companies trying to act nimble. They are failing miserably.

Interview Question – 1. "Yes, but what did you actually do?" This question came after I explained what I "really did".

2. "I don't want any secrets or information kept from me!" (During a phone screen.)
  View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

An Operations Position Interview

Bedford, MA

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at GSI Group in September 2012.

Interview Details – Worst interview experience of my career. After being told I was a finalist for the position, the company had difficulty in gathering the staff to conduct the final rounds. This went on for seven weeks. GSI asked that I do not accept any offers without notifying them first. This was later categorically denied by the individual that made that request. I received a call in the seventh week that they opted to to go with a another candidate through a refferal. They saw little wrong in this and stated that is how large companies operate and I should have known that. Remarkable discourtesy and insensitivity.

Interview Question – The intitial telephone interview was a series of 30-40 behavioral based questions.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for GSI Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GSI Group interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by GSI Group employees and interview candidates.