GSK Biologicals

Updated Oct 31, 2014
Updated Oct 31, 2014

2.6

Scientist Interview

A few behavior questions and technical questions on my research. Waited for a week before getting an offer.

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GSK Biologicals in July 2012.

Two 30 mins interviews conducted by two team leaders

Interview Questions
    • Are you a risk taker?
      For this position and for GSK company, I do not know what they are expecting by asking so. I just answered honestly, I am not a pure risk taker and a little conservative when make decisions.

Answer Question

Esprit Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GSK Biologicals in October 2010.

Phone interview for the first two rounds, and then they give me an interview face to face by HR. After I came back, the arranged another interview with the M&A director by phone, which was the last round and I was refused

QA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GSK Biologicals.

Phone interview lasted about 75 min
    There are 2 phone interviews and 1 physical interview.
    People are very nice and it was easy to contact HR department if you have a question or you need a feedback for the interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GSK Biologicals.

Just asked to describe myself and my previous job experience

GSK Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at GSK Biologicals in January 2014.

Had a 15min interview with the manager, all behavioural questions. The interview was pretty simple.

Research Assistant Interview

telephone interview, long 3 hour direct interview and 1 hour hr interview

Vaccine Graduate Progamme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GSK Biologicals in April 2012.

Application to the Vaccine programme was made online.

Thereafter, a third party recruitment agency would contact you (uninformed), for an immediate phone interview. You can waive it off to a later timing (within the same day) by saying that you can't take the call at the moment, but generally you won't be allowed much time to prepare. Not much preparation needed anyway as it's more behavioral questions. I had 4, of which I'll try to remember the questions in the exact order.

1. What motivates and drives you?
    2. Describe a time where you had to be innovative to deal with a particular problem, what were the consequences of not dealing with that problem, what you did, what was the outcome.
    3. Describe a time where you had to work with someone difficult. How did you handle the situation?
    4. Can't remember exactly what question I had but you get the drift, it's basically about yourself and your life experiences.

If you succeed at the phone interview you would be called back for what I call D-Day. It's 3 assessments in a single day, which consists of firstly another behavioral interview (I did not get any technical questions about vaccines, pharmaceuticals etc, and neither did I get any questions from my resume), a group discussion activity and finally, a 15 minute presentation.

Interview process is roughly similar to the phone interview as mentioned above. Here they will ask you for specific examples to back up your generalistic comments about your own character and attributes etc. There is no right or wrong answer, just be specific and clear and try to be short and sweet.

For the group activity, we were split into groups of 3/4 and given a case to tackle. It is mostly discussion based, 30 minutes, and throughout the process assessors are on hand to watch us but they do not get involved.

The first two I would say are generally manageable. The presentation was the key for me I felt. We were given roughly 5 days to prepare a 15 minute presentation with maximum 10 slides, about the 'future of the vaccine industry and further developments'. Pretty technical stuff, I would say and for someone who has had little or no exposure to the specifics of the industry it was pretty hard work. What I would say is this, GSK actually provides a brief outline of what they 'expect' to see throughout the presentation, and try to cater your presentation to address those requirements. These people are definitely going to be more knowledgeable than you and I felt that it wasn't worth allocating precious time telling them what they already knew. Instead, focus a little more on the business side of the vaccine industry, how you envision the market to unfold in the future, where you think the potential for development lies, where you think GSK will stand in the future and why. A final piece of advice, stay cool, stay calm, and whatever they throw at you, know that they know you don't know everything. Be confident in relaying what you do. Too often people are stumped by what they don't know and fail to leverage on what they know.

Am awaiting a reply from them and will get wind of news within this week. Wish me luck!

Young Graduate Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GSK Biologicals in April 2012.

The phone interview lasted for 30 minutes and contained the classic HR questions..

Interview Questions
    • Give an example where you took the lead in a group etc.   Answer Question

Stability Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GSK Biologicals in November 2011.

The interview started with phone interview with HR personnel, then 1 hr interview with hiring manger and key staff members in group/panel setting. Even though I was informed that the interview was formal, I felt the interview was set up fro screening.