GSK Consumer Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2014
Updated Jun 17, 2014

3.3

Operational Excellence Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at GSK Consumer Healthcare in March 2013.

There were two interviews. The first was over the phone only, and the second was a video conference with my immediate supervisor. Both times, my answers were recorded so that their supervisor could hear my answers if they chose. The questions were a mix of STAR (situation, task, action, result) and basic Lean Manufacturing vocabulary, such as "What does Takt mean?" or "Kaizen" etc.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected task in the video interview was when I was emailed a set of intentionally incomplete instructions to make a paper airplane. I was supposed to make it during the video conference to see if I was able to solve it on my own, or ask questions etc.   View Answer
    No negotiation. I was paid through a temp agency (ZeroChaos.)

Manufacturing and Building Maint Mechanic Interview

I applied online - interviewed at GSK Consumer Healthcare.

My plant was closing down for the last four years they only hired temps

Interview Questions
    • I never was ask any thing that was out of the ordinary   Answer Question
    • Most companies are looking to integrate electro with mechanical, the problem is most tech only had to do one   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GSK Consumer Healthcare.

It takes two weeks with one round phone interview and an on site interview. Most questions are behavioral questions, such as your strengths and weaknesses, your problem solving skills and your contribution to improve a process. Interviewers are very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a confrontation you meet during team work experience   Answer Question

Global QA Validation Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at GSK Consumer Healthcare in June 2013.

Ther will be a telephonic screening and then called for personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • how do u make a unwilling team member to copperate with you and reach the common goal?   Answer Question
    No. most of the salries are fixed

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online - interviewed at GSK Consumer Healthcare in January 2014.

Phone interview on January 24, 2014. Phone interview went well. As of February 7, 2014 still no response, my account still says considering. I spoke with the manager I had phone interview with and he assured he would be calling, had a little down time between hiring. How long can this take?

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GSK Consumer Healthcare in May 2010.

Brought in for 3-4 interviews; Each time meeting with the next layer of HR and/or management. Basic STAR test questions and thorough interview process. Tests involved personality testing, IQ testing and drug testing - all pretty basic stuff. The hiring process was a bit long and drawn out - taking almost 4 months to complete. To be fair this was partially due to the fact that some management were based in the UK and I was interviewing from out of state, making some of the logistics a bit challenging at times.

Interview Questions
    • No real unexpected questions - but generally asked if you were faced with a situation in which management didn't agree with a decision you made or point of view that you believe is right - how would you/did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Fairly standard - back and forth a few times to arrive at a salary (I was recruited) -
    Also negotiated a signing bonus which is available if they want you bad enough. The negotiation phase involved relocation, salary and signing bonus. Benefits offered were very good - Stock options (at the time - since done away with), restricted stock (3 year vesting period), pension, full medical, dental and vision, life insurance and 401K - all in all the package offered was very generous and robust.

Bench Scientist Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at GSK Consumer Healthcare.

I was called in for a face to face interview and offered the position a week later. Questions were fairly basic science in the area where they are researching in. Its an entry level scientist position so not any technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation of salary. The pay was already agreed upon by the temp agency. I was notified by my temp agency what the hourly salary rate was.

Design Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at GSK Consumer Healthcare in July 2010.

Hiring process consisted of 3-4 interviews with various layers of management during the course of the interview sessions. Competency based interview questions were asked - with the STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Result) of answering encouraged for the questions. Many of the the questions were directed as hypothetical business case scenarios and how you would respond to them.

Interview Questions
    • Cite an example of when you had to make a decision to sway or go against senior management. Explain how you leveraged and sold this into the business   Answer Question

Vaccine Sales Representative Interview

Posted resume on line, had a 30 minute basic phone screening interview, was invited to a panel interview with 2 managers where situational questions were asked

Espirit Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at GSK Consumer Healthcare in September 2012.

Interview selection at MBA Career Fair in Indianapolis. Focused on verifying your soft skills and team playing abilities

Interview Questions

Worked for GSK Consumer Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!