GSMA Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2015

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at GSMA

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GSMA in August 2014.

Interview

Made it through first and second round of interviews. Very smart people who that know their industry and work really hard and expect the same of whomever they hire.

Interview Questions

• Analyze, develop and present on a business case within one hour as part of the final interview process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I am anticipating an offer in the coming days. I expect them to lowball me but for a sales position in the market they are trying to capture and with my experience, they should expect to pay top dollar - specifically because this is not a commission-based position and the sales cycles can be from 3 to 18 months.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GSMA.

Interview

Went through 4 (!) interview rounds. Invested much time and effort. After 4th interview never heard back from them again, for better or worse, even though I felt the interview went well.
    HR never responded to my emails after that day.
    Looking at other interview reviews here this seems like a common practice with them.

Incompetent HR.
    The staff were otherwise very nice.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of ordinary. Make sure you fit the job description and if you do the interview is very straightforward.   Answer Question

Forecaster Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GSMA in October 2014.

Interview

Was put in touch by a recruitment firm. Had a chat with the forecasting manager on the phone, before being invited to the office. Had a forecasting exercise, was asked to present my results, and then had an interview with the hierarchy. No trick questions - just wanted to know who I was and how I would fit into the org.

Interview Questions

• Where would you work for if you don't get a job at GSMA?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at GSMA (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewed in early 2012:
    1 - CV to recruitment consultant
    2 - Initial screening interview with consultant
    3 - Phone interview with hiring manager
    4 - Face to face interview with hiring manager

Lack of feedback several weeks after the face to face. Hard to know if this was due to the GSMA or their consultant.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GSMA (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Lengthy interview process. Several rounds of interviews, starts with a phone interview with contract sourcing company, and then 2-3 rounds of interview (mix of phone & on-site) with specific team, 1 round interview with HR people and finally an online test.

Interview Questions

• How do you envision, the telecom industry will be shapping in future?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GSMA (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a phone and a one to one interview with 2 team members. HR were not involved and tests were not given, but I think that in general everyone should expect a test and at least 1 interview with the HR department