GT Nexus Interview Questions

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GT Nexus.

Interview

Pretty standard process.
    First one phone interview, which involve some basic Java questions, browser & web questions.
    Then they scheduled an onsite interview with 3-4 pairs of interviewers. At the end of the interview, I got the chance to meet with one of the Engineering VP.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult overall. Question asked includes: tree traversal, queue, stack operation, basic Java concepts etc.   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GT Nexus.

Interview

I was contacted numerous times for this position by 'recruiters' who then changed their email to 'staffing@gtnexus.com' and said they 'hit the jackpot' by finding my resume. On the final phone interview (never in person!) they confirmed one hour before actual interview when I specifically asked for confirmation the night before and received a short 'sorry, no'. So I scrambled to prepare for the interview due to late confirmation since I didn't want to say no from my end and then wait another month for the hiring manager to be available. On the phone manager did not seem happy to be interviewing me and used a very condescending tone. Overall very unprofessional cycle of interviews and very short answers with no feedback by HR/recrutiers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult as I was over qualified for the position but hiring manager seemed hesitant to interview and preoccupied. No technical questions, they seemed to want a fake, exuberant person on the phone and not someone who can do the actual job.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GT Nexus (New York, NY).

Interview

It took 3-4 weeks, 3 rounds ( HR, Manager phone interview, on site interview). Manager phone interview is about Object coding knowledge ( yes, coding during phone interview), such as Inheritance, Data Structure. On site interview is 3-4 hours. You might meet the manager who called you before, and your future supervisor if hired. Depends on your background and location which the job is located, your experience may be vary.

Interview Questions

• My case is the interviewers will ask you some issues or questions about your prior job , which you might or might not have during your prior working experience. And then they will discuss with you about those issues and see how you can resolve it or, how you TALK to people to find out the solution, like in a real work meeting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I give them my current yearly salary plus the Maximum bonus I can get from my prior employer, and GT Nexus returns a number which is even higher than that. That's about 15% more than my last job salary.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GT Nexus (Oakland, CA).

Interview

this was covered in a single phone screen with the CTO and a followon in house interview with 4 sr engineers

Interview Questions

• Use nand gates to add/compare two nubmers   1 Answer

Senior Software Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at GT Nexus (Oakland, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the VP/CTO guy. He was asking what university I went (Didn't you read my resume?) and what courses I took at the university. omg...asking me to remember what courses I took 15 yrs ago? He said the fundamental is important - I agree but that's not how you find out the fundamentals. The dude sounded pretty arrogant. The tech stuff he asked were pretty basic but his questions weren't clear. This was one of those interviews that you feel like "why did I even bother?" Sorry, GT Nexus ain't Google.

Interview Questions

• What CS courses did you take? (the dude was asking courses I took 15 years ago). Is he out of his mind?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GT Nexus (Oakland, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

First of all there was a phone interview. Then I have been asked to come over to meet a few people. Interview lasted for about 3 hours. Some folks were nice, managers felt predatory. Couple of days later was asked to come over again, for more questions. It was tougher this time and just because this particular person did not have time to meet me earlier. Ran a quiz with lots of rather simple questions on an old laptop. My first impression was quite right - they were not even willing to obtain decent laptops for their employees.

Negotiation

Very tough. Their tactic is to tell you they would not pay amount you requested (no matter what it is) and then come back to you to offer lower amount in a few days. I have seen this happen a few times. Makes you feel cheated at the end.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GT Nexus (Oakland, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Went there for 2 hours and interviewed with the managers and the vp. It's been technical but make sure you know your stuff.

Interview Questions

• How would you persuade your client to go with your model instead of the competitor's model?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GT Nexus (Oakland, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Make sure you know your stuff, because an interview here will *bring the pain*. While many interviews consist of "where do you see yourself in 5 years" type questions, this was a brutal deeply technical series of interviews. Don't even bother if you're frontin', 'cause you're not going to get through the gauntlet.

QA Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GT Nexus (Bangalore (India)).

Good

Interview Questions

• Normal not so much difficult, You should be good in Manual & Auto testing   Answer Question

Negotiation

Normal

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GT Nexus (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

The interview process is fine. They ask you good questions but the management is not so good in their response. First of all they will say positives like you will enjoy the work culture and all. But Later you will feel the difference in their approach. They don't consider your requests. They put a very negative picture about the company. My advice would be not go b their words and don't join the company now because of worse Indian management.

Interview Questions

• they ask you very basic questions   1 Answer

Due to the behaviour of the management. There are some good guys but they are not given that powers. There too many negatives that are now damaging the face of the company in the market.I would not advice some one to join this company.