GT Nexus

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GT Nexus.

Interview Details – It took 3-4 weeks, 3 rounds ( HR, Manager phone interview, on site interview). Manager phone interview is about Object coding knowledge ( yes, coding during phone interview), such as Inheritance, Data Structure. On site interview is 3-4 hours. You might meet the manager who called you before, and your future supervisor if hired. Depends on your background and location which the job is located, your experience may be vary.

Interview Question – My case is the interviewers will ask you some issues or questions about your prior job , which you might or might not have during your prior working experience. And then they will discuss with you about those issues and see how you can resolve it or, how you TALK to people to find out the solution, like in a real work meeting.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I give them my current yearly salary plus the Maximum bonus I can get from my prior employer, and GT Nexus returns a number which is even higher than that. That's about 15% more than my last job salary.

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Oakland, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GT Nexus.

Interview Details – this was covered in a single phone screen with the CTO and a followon in house interview with 4 sr engineers

Interview Question – Use nand gates to add/compare two nubmers   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GT Nexus in December 2010.

Interview Details – First of all there was a phone interview. Then I have been asked to come over to meet a few people. Interview lasted for about 3 hours. Some folks were nice, managers felt predatory. Couple of days later was asked to come over again, for more questions. It was tougher this time and just because this particular person did not have time to meet me earlier. Ran a quiz with lots of rather simple questions on an old laptop. My first impression was quite right - they were not even willing to obtain decent laptops for their employees.

Negotiation Details – Very tough. Their tactic is to tell you they would not pay amount you requested (no matter what it is) and then come back to you to offer lower amount in a few days. I have seen this happen a few times. Makes you feel cheated at the end.

Senior Software Interview

Senior Software
Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at GT Nexus in May 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the VP/CTO guy. He was asking what university I went (Didn't you read my resume?) and what courses I took at the university. omg...asking me to remember what courses I took 15 yrs ago? He said the fundamental is important - I agree but that's not how you find out the fundamentals. The dude sounded pretty arrogant. The tech stuff he asked were pretty basic but his questions weren't clear. This was one of those interviews that you feel like "why did I even bother?" Sorry, GT Nexus ain't Google.

Interview Question – What CS courses did you take? (the dude was asking courses I took 15 years ago). Is he out of his mind?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Oakland, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GT Nexus in September 2010.

Interview Details – Went there for 2 hours and interviewed with the managers and the vp. It's been technical but make sure you know your stuff.

Interview Question – How would you persuade your client to go with your model instead of the competitor's model?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

IT Interview

IT
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GT Nexus in November 2009.

Interview Details – Make sure you know your stuff, because an interview here will *bring the pain*. While many interviews consist of "where do you see yourself in 5 years" type questions, this was a brutal deeply technical series of interviews. Don't even bother if you're frontin', 'cause you're not going to get through the gauntlet.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Colombo (Sri Lanka)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GT Nexus in June 2011.

Interview Details – In Sri Lanka: use topjobs or referrals

Interview Question – Asked Collection and String related problems to solve   View Answer

QA Lead Interview

QA Lead
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at GT Nexus.

Interview Details – Good

Interview Question – Normal not so much difficult, You should be good in Manual & Auto testing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Normal

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GT Nexus.

Interview Details – The interview process is fine. They ask you good questions but the management is not so good in their response. First of all they will say positives like you will enjoy the work culture and all. But Later you will feel the difference in their approach. They don't consider your requests. They put a very negative picture about the company. My advice would be not go b their words and don't join the company now because of worse Indian management.

Interview Question – they ask you very basic questions   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Due to the behaviour of the management. There are some good guys but they are not given that powers. There too many negatives that are now damaging the face of the company in the market.I would not advice some one to join this company.

Quality Analyst Interview

Quality Analyst
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GT Nexus in March 2013.

Interview Details – preety straight forward

Interview Question – tell me about your present role   View Answer

Worked for GT Nexus? Contribute to the Community!