GXS Interview Questions

2.9

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GXS.

Phone call first, then in person. Spoke to 3 different people

Pretty straightforward

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at GXS.

Process is very casual

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Expect to let people know your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GXS in September 2013.

The overall process took less than 2 weeks but the interviews were very basic, nothing challenging. It began with an initial recruiter screen, mainly to see if there was a fit salary-wise. This was followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager and then a half day of on-site face-to-face interviews. People seemed to like to talk about themselves so I let them...

Interview Questions
    I got what I was asking for.

Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GXS in August 2013.

Process is phone interview arranged by administrative assistant for the executive conducting the interview. All arrangements and communications were timely and very professional. Interviewer was well organized and conversant with the firm and the position. Followed by in person interview. Again all arrangements were very professional. Dress at the executive level is suit and tie.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of technical questions. You need to be able to prove that you have done what you say on your resume.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GXS.

Initial communication was a telephone interview followed by an in person interview

Interview Questions
    We negotiated mainly on vacation time

Data Center Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brook Park, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GXS in October 2012.

The hiring process is very extensive. This is primarily do to the nature of the business. First you apply online and submit your application. There are 2 interviews and if offered the postion you go through all of the normal highering steps and then some including more online steps and security clearences as well.

Senior Software Engineersiness Systems Integrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Latham, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Latham, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GXS in November 2011.

They are very inexperienced at interviewing. I left with the assumption I did not have a chance of getting the position. Everything is done through a Staffing Firm. The first interview was with a group of 5. I was asked about 3 questions from each of them about my previous experiences and theoretical questions like how I would deal with certain situations. The entire experience was very odd; it was not friendly at all. Many of my answers to their questions, about my Java experience or if I knew what certain technical things are or do, were given responses like "We have no clue either" or "Yeah, that doesn't even exist". It just felt like a lot of character testing.

Interview Questions
    • You are in a boat with a 50lb weight in the middle of a lake and you take the weight and throw it in the water. What happens? Does the water or the boat rise or sink?   View Answer
    No negotiation phase. In such an economy there is little to no negotiation room with entry level positions.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brook Park, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GXS in May 2011.

The company first ask me a few questions on the phone. Then schedule a time and date to come in for a 1 on 1 interview. The interview consists of several questions related in the field I was trying to go into. It also included a drug screening process and a back ground check. The people that I spoke with and seen seemed like the type of people I could work with and get along with.

Vice President, Technology Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GXS in May 2009.

initial HR screen, spoke with the CIO and some of his direct reports and then a follow up trip to meet with CEO. overall a pretty standard process

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions were used, nothing unique   Answer Question
    "take it or leave it", no negotiating

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GXS in June 2008.

To be fair, a friend recommended me. The interview was very easy because they really needed people then. Talked with 5 people by the time it was done. Went quick.

Not sure if you'd have the same experience today, but the Austin, Tx group is a great group. Miss it a little bit actually.

Interview Questions
    I really wanted a bit more $5-10K. But, it was a fair rate we settled on.