Gabe’s Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

1.7

Cashier/Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gabe’s.

Interview

I filled out my paper application then received a call for an phone interview which involved questions about my previous jobs, interest in retail and about why I wanted to work at Gabe's. Then I had a call back about scheduling my interview. It was pretty simple question about myself and about integrity. The manager seemed pretty leased with me and very nice.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gabe’s (Richmond, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

very informal very stupid interrupted on several occasions the person who interviewed me couldn't explain all of the processes of the job they didn't have my application in the room at my appointment time, they had someone else's paperwork. interviewer seemed very confused from the beginning

Interview Questions

• what are your goals? do you use drugs? what is your sexual orientation? do you have problems with people of other ethnic groups? are you willing to come to work with only an hours notice?   Answer Question

Department Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gabe’s (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I went to an open interview for the opening of the Charlotte,NC store. It was set up in so that you filled out an application then streamlined through the process of talking to the Manager and so forth. They informed me that because it was a quick opening that they are looking to hire immediately. I talked to 3 different people but I am sure that is because of the position. Many people got hired on spot.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that a customer was unfriendly to you and, how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question
    • What is one of your strong points in your last job?   Answer Question

Cashier/Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Gabe’s.

Interview

Hired at a job fair, with about 1500 people applying for a job. The hiring process is simple, but don't expect to get much money out of it. You will go through 3 interviews before you get to the how much you make, which for any position other then management will be part time at minimum wage.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, minimum wage part time or no job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belle Vernon, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gabe’s (Belle Vernon, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

One of the easiest I have ever experienced. I applied in persona and also left a resume I created. i got called in three days later. Interview with store manager. Three days after that, got the job and came in for orientation. I was asked all of the usual questions. Why do you want to work here. What is your experience like. Very basic, easy, non stressful, laid back interview process and very fast.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous manager say about you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation phase. I asked how much I would make, and was asked what I wanted. I said whatever would be correct for my amount of experience in retail which was over 5 years. I got 8$ an hr.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gabe’s.

Interview

Everyone was really friendly and nice to talk to. Interview was really easy. They did not ask a lot of questions. You first have a phone interview with the hiring agent then you have a interview with the two accounting managers.

Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Gabe’s (Findlay, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

Went to the hiring event. Basically if you showed interest and smiled you got a job. If you were deadpan or showed lack of interest you probably won't get a job. There was a long wait so be patient.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Gabe's? Have you ever shopped at a Gabe's?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really any negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Gabe’s (Akron, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Easy because they will hire anybody. You sit in an office and they ask you basic interview questions. They look at your application and hire you. You sign a bunch of paperwork and wait weeks for you back round check to come back.

Negotiation

I would run as fast as you can if your considering the one in Akron there is no negotiation phase!

Cashier/Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gabe’s in September 2013.

Interview

You had to wait because the management staff is always busy and not prepared. Normally conducted by assistants with a follow up by SM. I dressed well, but others who where also waiting looked like they came off the street, but no one seemed to care. Waited my turn and entered the office area, which was not in a great condition. Guess the assistant's office. Manager was asked to sit in if possible, and arrived during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were off a prepared sheet for everyone to be on board with. Asked about my background, retail experience and availability. Nothing hard about it. If you were sincere, you're in.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Even with some previous retail background, the rate was the rate. Felt bad that I was lumped into the other group of hires that came in off the street.

Floor Associate Interview

Interview

interview process is very very easy!!! they will hire anyone!!! just smile and anwser their questions that they have to ask you per corporate. they just want a warm body and wont' fire anyone so you can talk on your phone, text, smoke, and do what you want while managers are busy in back or in ladies or in domestics

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation