Gabe’s

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Akron, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at Gabe’s in February 2014.

Interview Details – Easy because they will hire anybody. You sit in an office and they ask you basic interview questions. They look at your application and hire you. You sign a bunch of paperwork and wait weeks for you back round check to come back.

Negotiation Details – I would run as fast as you can if your considering the one in Akron there is no negotiation phase!

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Gabe’s in April 2011.

Interview Details – Fill out an application and someone from the store will call for an interview. Did a 5-10 minute phone interview and at the end of the process they said THEY WOULD CALL ME.THE NEXT DAY I RECEIVED A CALL TO COME IN AND MEET WITH A MEMBER OF MANAGEMENT TO INTERVIEW. Interview lasted 10 minutes as the SM kept being interrupted by associates asking question's about assignments, schedule etc...Ask several basic questions and told me I had the job.

Interview Question – Basic questions. SM asked several times of my available. Seem everything centered around that.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. here is the starting hourly rate

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Gabe’s in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and a one on one with d.m. I then had a written test and then a background check. All in all the process to no longer than one week to be hired.

Interview Question – why Gabriel brothers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotTions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

I applied online and interviewed at Gabe’s.

Interview Details – Everyone was really friendly and nice to talk to. Interview was really easy. They did not ask a lot of questions. You first have a phone interview with the hiring agent then you have a interview with the two accounting managers.

Interview Question – None. Very basic questions.   Answer Question

Cashier/Floor Associate Interview

Cashier/Floor Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gabe’s in September 2013.

Interview Details – You had to wait because the management staff is always busy and not prepared. Normally conducted by assistants with a follow up by SM. I dressed well, but others who where also waiting looked like they came off the street, but no one seemed to care. Waited my turn and entered the office area, which was not in a great condition. Guess the assistant's office. Manager was asked to sit in if possible, and arrived during the interview.

Interview Question – Most questions were off a prepared sheet for everyone to be on board with. Asked about my background, retail experience and availability. Nothing hard about it. If you were sincere, you're in.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. Even with some previous retail background, the rate was the rate. Felt bad that I was lumped into the other group of hires that came in off the street.

Floor Associate Interview

Floor Associate

Interviewed at Gabe’s

Interview Details – interview process is very very easy!!! they will hire anyone!!! just smile and anwser their questions that they have to ask you per corporate. they just want a warm body and wont' fire anyone so you can talk on your phone, text, smoke, and do what you want while managers are busy in back or in ladies or in domestics

Interview Question – have you ever stolen from a previous employer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Kent, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Gabe’s in January 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my application, forgot about it, then three months later I received a call asking if I wanted a interview. I went in, was asked routine questions, and then (I believe) was basically told I was hired. Not too stressful or scary.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just was told what training days I had and that I would be on a trial period with minimum wage.

Worked for Gabe’s? Contribute to the Community!