Gabe’s Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

1.7

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gabe’s.

Interview

I filled out my paper application then received a call for an phone interview which involved questions about my previous jobs, interest in retail and about why I wanted to work at Gabe's. Then I had a call back about scheduling my interview. It was pretty simple question about myself and about integrity. The manager seemed pretty leased with me and very nice.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gabe’s (Columbus, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process was called T.A.P.s for Talent Assessment Process. Conducted by GMs and District Directors. There was a good deal of going over previous experience in the position I was looking at and some review of prior experience that made me feel qualified to perform the role. I feel that there could have been more in depth discussion on related work experience instead of a direct line of previous experience in the exact position.

Interview Questions

• What is your level of experience at your desired postion?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gabe’s (Richmond, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

very informal very stupid interrupted on several occasions the person who interviewed me couldn't explain all of the processes of the job they didn't have my application in the room at my appointment time, they had someone else's paperwork. interviewer seemed very confused from the beginning

Interview Questions

• what are your goals? do you use drugs? what is your sexual orientation? do you have problems with people of other ethnic groups? are you willing to come to work with only an hours notice?   Answer Question

Department Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gabe’s (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I went to an open interview for the opening of the Charlotte,NC store. It was set up in so that you filled out an application then streamlined through the process of talking to the Manager and so forth. They informed me that because it was a quick opening that they are looking to hire immediately. I talked to 3 different people but I am sure that is because of the position. Many people got hired on spot.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that a customer was unfriendly to you and, how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question
    • What is one of your strong points in your last job?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gabe’s (Chesapeake, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Was hired at a hiring event. Had a series of 3 interviews all in the same time. Took about 7 hours to complete the process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gabe’s.

Interview

Hired at a job fair, with about 1500 people applying for a job. The hiring process is simple, but don't expect to get much money out of it. You will go through 3 interviews before you get to the how much you make, which for any position other then management will be part time at minimum wage.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, minimum wage part time or no job offer.

Cashier/Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belle Vernon, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gabe’s (Belle Vernon, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

One of the easiest I have ever experienced. I applied in persona and also left a resume I created. i got called in three days later. Interview with store manager. Three days after that, got the job and came in for orientation. I was asked all of the usual questions. Why do you want to work here. What is your experience like. Very basic, easy, non stressful, laid back interview process and very fast.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous manager say about you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation phase. I asked how much I would make, and was asked what I wanted. I said whatever would be correct for my amount of experience in retail which was over 5 years. I got 8$ an hr.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gabe’s.

Interview

Everyone was really friendly and nice to talk to. Interview was really easy. They did not ask a lot of questions. You first have a phone interview with the hiring agent then you have a interview with the two accounting managers.

Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gabe’s (Findlay, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

Went to the hiring event. Basically if you showed interest and smiled you got a job. If you were deadpan or showed lack of interest you probably won't get a job. There was a long wait so be patient.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Gabe's? Have you ever shopped at a Gabe's?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really any negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gabe’s (Akron, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Easy because they will hire anybody. You sit in an office and they ask you basic interview questions. They look at your application and hire you. You sign a bunch of paperwork and wait weeks for you back round check to come back.

Negotiation

I would run as fast as you can if your considering the one in Akron there is no negotiation phase!