Gabe’s Interview Questions

1.5

Cashier/Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Gabe’s.

Interview

Hired at a job fair, with about 1500 people applying for a job. The hiring process is simple, but don't expect to get much money out of it. You will go through 3 interviews before you get to the how much you make, which for any position other then management will be part time at minimum wage.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, minimum wage part time or no job offer.

Cashier/Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gabe’s (Belle Vernon, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

One of the easiest I have ever experienced. I applied in persona and also left a resume I created. i got called in three days later. Interview with store manager. Three days after that, got the job and came in for orientation. I was asked all of the usual questions. Why do you want to work here. What is your experience like. Very basic, easy, non stressful, laid back interview process and very fast.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous manager say about you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation phase. I asked how much I would make, and was asked what I wanted. I said whatever would be correct for my amount of experience in retail which was over 5 years. I got 8$ an hr.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gabe’s.

Interview

Everyone was really friendly and nice to talk to. Interview was really easy. They did not ask a lot of questions. You first have a phone interview with the hiring agent then you have a interview with the two accounting managers.

Crew Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Gabe’s (Findlay, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

Went to the hiring event. Basically if you showed interest and smiled you got a job. If you were deadpan or showed lack of interest you probably won't get a job. There was a long wait so be patient.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Gabe's? Have you ever shopped at a Gabe's?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really any negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Gabe’s (Akron, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Easy because they will hire anybody. You sit in an office and they ask you basic interview questions. They look at your application and hire you. You sign a bunch of paperwork and wait weeks for you back round check to come back.

Negotiation

I would run as fast as you can if your considering the one in Akron there is no negotiation phase!

Cashier/Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gabe’s in September 2013.

Interview

You had to wait because the management staff is always busy and not prepared. Normally conducted by assistants with a follow up by SM. I dressed well, but others who where also waiting looked like they came off the street, but no one seemed to care. Waited my turn and entered the office area, which was not in a great condition. Guess the assistant's office. Manager was asked to sit in if possible, and arrived during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were off a prepared sheet for everyone to be on board with. Asked about my background, retail experience and availability. Nothing hard about it. If you were sincere, you're in.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Even with some previous retail background, the rate was the rate. Felt bad that I was lumped into the other group of hires that came in off the street.

Floor Associate Interview

Interview

interview process is very very easy!!! they will hire anyone!!! just smile and anwser their questions that they have to ask you per corporate. they just want a warm body and wont' fire anyone so you can talk on your phone, text, smoke, and do what you want while managers are busy in back or in ladies or in domestics

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gabe’s (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

Fill out an application and someone from the store will call for an interview. Did a 5-10 minute phone interview and at the end of the process they said THEY WOULD CALL ME.THE NEXT DAY I RECEIVED A CALL TO COME IN AND MEET WITH A MEMBER OF MANAGEMENT TO INTERVIEW. Interview lasted 10 minutes as the SM kept being interrupted by associates asking question's about assignments, schedule etc...Ask several basic questions and told me I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. SM asked several times of my available. Seem everything centered around that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. here is the starting hourly rate

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gabe’s (Kent, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

I submitted my application, forgot about it, then three months later I received a call asking if I wanted a interview. I went in, was asked routine questions, and then (I believe) was basically told I was hired. Not too stressful or scary.

Negotiation

No negotiation, just was told what training days I had and that I would be on a trial period with minimum wage.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gabe’s in January 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview and a one on one with d.m. I then had a written test and then a background check. All in all the process to no longer than one week to be hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotTions