Gabe’s Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2014
Updated Aug 30, 2014

1.6

Cashier/Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Gabe’s.

Hired at a job fair, with about 1500 people applying for a job. The hiring process is simple, but don't expect to get much money out of it. You will go through 3 interviews before you get to the how much you make, which for any position other then management will be part time at minimum wage.

Interview Questions
    No, minimum wage part time or no job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belle Vernon, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belle Vernon, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gabe’s in August 2014.

One of the easiest I have ever experienced. I applied in persona and also left a resume I created. i got called in three days later. Interview with store manager. Three days after that, got the job and came in for orientation. I was asked all of the usual questions. Why do you want to work here. What is your experience like. Very basic, easy, non stressful, laid back interview process and very fast.

Interview Questions
    • What would your previous manager say about you?   View Answer
    No real negotiation phase. I asked how much I would make, and was asked what I wanted. I said whatever would be correct for my amount of experience in retail which was over 5 years. I got 8$ an hr.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at Gabe’s in February 2014.

Easy because they will hire anybody. You sit in an office and they ask you basic interview questions. They look at your application and hire you. You sign a bunch of paperwork and wait weeks for you back round check to come back.

I would run as fast as you can if your considering the one in Akron there is no negotiation phase!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Gabe’s in April 2011.

Fill out an application and someone from the store will call for an interview. Did a 5-10 minute phone interview and at the end of the process they said THEY WOULD CALL ME.THE NEXT DAY I RECEIVED A CALL TO COME IN AND MEET WITH A MEMBER OF MANAGEMENT TO INTERVIEW. Interview lasted 10 minutes as the SM kept being interrupted by associates asking question's about assignments, schedule etc...Ask several basic questions and told me I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions. SM asked several times of my available. Seem everything centered around that.   View Answer
    No negotiation. here is the starting hourly rate

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Gabe’s in January 2011.

I had a phone interview and a one on one with d.m. I then had a written test and then a background check. All in all the process to no longer than one week to be hired.

No negotTions

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Gabe’s.

Everyone was really friendly and nice to talk to. Interview was really easy. They did not ask a lot of questions. You first have a phone interview with the hiring agent then you have a interview with the two accounting managers.

Cashier/Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gabe’s in September 2013.

You had to wait because the management staff is always busy and not prepared. Normally conducted by assistants with a follow up by SM. I dressed well, but others who where also waiting looked like they came off the street, but no one seemed to care. Waited my turn and entered the office area, which was not in a great condition. Guess the assistant's office. Manager was asked to sit in if possible, and arrived during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were off a prepared sheet for everyone to be on board with. Asked about my background, retail experience and availability. Nothing hard about it. If you were sincere, you're in.   View Answer
    None. Even with some previous retail background, the rate was the rate. Felt bad that I was lumped into the other group of hires that came in off the street.

Floor Associate Interview

interview process is very very easy!!! they will hire anyone!!! just smile and anwser their questions that they have to ask you per corporate. they just want a warm body and wont' fire anyone so you can talk on your phone, text, smoke, and do what you want while managers are busy in back or in ladies or in domestics

no negotiation

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kent, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Gabe’s in January 2011.

I submitted my application, forgot about it, then three months later I received a call asking if I wanted a interview. I went in, was asked routine questions, and then (I believe) was basically told I was hired. Not too stressful or scary.

No negotiation, just was told what training days I had and that I would be on a trial period with minimum wage.

Worked for Gabe’s? Contribute to the Community!