Gables Residential Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.3

Leasing Professional Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gables Residential.

Interview

If you do not have management experience with a different property management company, you will need to apply for the leasing professional position first, then work your way up with Gables. I first applied for an assistant community manager position, but was told that I needed to apply for a leasing position first. After applying for the leasing professional position, I had an interview within a few days. I went in to interview with the community manager of the property and found out that this position was a split between two properties. I was informed that I would have to interview with the other property manager at the second property. I was given the option to go later that same day or pick another day of the week. Since I didn't want to wait, I went to the second property that same day. After interviewing at the community level, if the property manager wants to hire you, you will interview with the regional manager at the corporate level. If all parties agree, You are then given a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Typical Interview Questions. Be sure to look up typical interview questions and be prepared! Most questions were obviously customer service oriented.   Answer Question

Maintenance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gables Residential (San Antonio, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

My Interview process was very exciting. I have only heard good things about this company and was referred by a former manager familiar with my work ethic and attitude. She felt this company's Ideals would mesh well with my own, and I believe she is right. I had one sit down interview and one phone interview with a regional supervisor. I felt very comfortable in both. Both Interviewers were very professional and polite and that helped in my decision to accept the offer given. After being interviewed I received an email with instructions to follow. At no time did I feel inferior to anyone I made contact with .

Interview Questions

• do not recall any question unexpected , everything pertained to my skill set and what was expected of me   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given what I asked which makes me think I should have asked for more.. but I am happy with the result

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Gables Residential (McLean, VA).

Interview

Interview was very calm and easy going. Interviewed with someone that was the senior RM then and is now a VP and he is still a great person, so easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult, they were the basic ones asked my most industry professionals   Answer Question

Negotiation

Paid what I was asking

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gables Residential (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Quick Hiring Process. Got a Phone Interview, In-person interview, and job offer within a two week period. At the in-person interview I was interviewed by two regional managers at the corporate office.

Interview Questions

• The typical situational, personality questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will not negotiate salary. Its basically " Take it, Or Leave It."

Leasing Professional Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gables Residential.

Interview

I had to meet with two different managers because I worked at two different properties

Negotiation

No negotiation

Leasing Professional Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gables Residential in November 2013.

Interview

I can only speak for myself. But i was lucky that my manager at the time was a talker. She did not aske me many quesitons she hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• I didnt get any difficult quesitons. i was hired on the spot   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gables Residential.

Interview

My interview was very relaxed not too much pressure I felt I could be myself with the property manager and I knew right away that I was going to love this company. Be open and be yourself it'd the best advice I can give!!

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gables Residential (Dallas, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Online application and personality test.
    Phone interivew.
    On property interview.
    Corporate interview with regional managers
    Drug testing.

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. The rate offered is base salary. I did provide information that my background/experience merrited a slight increase but this was not entertained.

Assistant Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gables Residential in September 2010.

Interview

Met with Community Manager and Regional Manager. Very basic questions (What makes you ideal for the position?, Where do you see yourself in 5 years?, Explain a time that you had to overcome objections.

Leasing Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Gables Residential (Austin, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the property manager fro an entry level leasing position close to 4 weeks after I applied on the company website. She met me at one of the many properties located in central Austin. From the beginning it was a great experience. The property's curb appeal was immaculate. The interview started on time and she worked within my lunch schedule.

This was my only interview and I received a call just a few days after the initial interview t=to offer me a position within her team.