Gables Residential Interview Questions

2.5

Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Gables Residential in July 2014.

My Interview process was very exciting. I have only heard good things about this company and was referred by a former manager familiar with my work ethic and attitude. She felt this company's Ideals would mesh well with my own, and I believe she is right. I had one sit down interview and one phone interview with a regional supervisor. I felt very comfortable in both. Both Interviewers were very professional and polite and that helped in my decision to accept the offer given. After being interviewed I received an email with instructions to follow. At no time did I feel inferior to anyone I made contact with .

Interview Questions
    • do not recall any question unexpected , everything pertained to my skill set and what was expected of me   View Answer
    I was given what I asked which makes me think I should have asked for more.. but I am happy with the result

Leasing Professional Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gables Residential.

If you do not have management experience with a different property management company, you will need to apply for the leasing professional position first, then work your way up with Gables. I first applied for an assistant community manager position, but was told that I needed to apply for a leasing position first. After applying for the leasing professional position, I had an interview within a few days. I went in to interview with the community manager of the property and found out that this position was a split between two properties. I was informed that I would have to interview with the other property manager at the second property. I was given the option to go later that same day or pick another day of the week. Since I didn't want to wait, I went to the second property that same day. After interviewing at the community level, if the property manager wants to hire you, you will interview with the regional manager at the corporate level. If all parties agree, You are then given a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Typical Interview Questions. Be sure to look up typical interview questions and be prepared! Most questions were obviously customer service oriented.   Answer Question

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gables Residential in March 2014.

Quick Hiring Process. Got a Phone Interview, In-person interview, and job offer within a two week period. At the in-person interview I was interviewed by two regional managers at the corporate office.

Interview Questions
    • The typical situational, personality questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    They will not negotiate salary. Its basically " Take it, Or Leave It."

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Gables Residential.

Interview was very calm and easy going. Interviewed with someone that was the senior RM then and is now a VP and he is still a great person, so easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, they were the basic ones asked my most industry professionals   Answer Question
    Paid what I was asking

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Gables Residential in June 2010.

I was contacted by the property manager fro an entry level leasing position close to 4 weeks after I applied on the company website. She met me at one of the many properties located in central Austin. From the beginning it was a great experience. The property's curb appeal was immaculate. The interview started on time and she worked within my lunch schedule.

This was my only interview and I received a call just a few days after the initial interview t=to offer me a position within her team.

Leasing Professional Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Gables Residential.

I had to meet with two different managers because I worked at two different properties

No negotiation

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Gables Residential.

My interview was very relaxed not too much pressure I felt I could be myself with the property manager and I knew right away that I was going to love this company. Be open and be yourself it'd the best advice I can give!!

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Gables Residential in June 2011.

Online application and personality test.
    Phone interivew.
    On property interview.
    Corporate interview with regional managers
    Drug testing.

There is no negotiating. The rate offered is base salary. I did provide information that my background/experience merrited a slight increase but this was not entertained.

Leasing Professional Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Gables Residential.

1 personality test done at home. Then 2 face to face interviews. 1 - very informal. 2nd - Asked psychological and hypothetical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you failed and then overcame it...or something of that matter   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Gables Residential in September 2010.

Sent resume, a friend of mine worked for the company and arranged an interview. I had to take an online assessment and skills test. I interviewed one-on-one and several days later was sent to do a drug test. The work culture is awesome. Very supportive and positive environment.

Interview Questions
    They are very consistent with salaries and very little negotiation room.

Worked for Gables Residential? Contribute to the Community!