GalaxE.Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.7

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GalaxE.Solutions (Detroit, MI).

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard up until the end of my in-person interview. I received a call from a recruiter about the position. They did not know much about the role but did provide the basics. The call ended about 10 minutes later with the expectation I would receive a follow-up call to schedule an in-person interview with the hiring manager who was head of HR at the Detroit office. The interview was scheduled over a week later.

Fast forward to the in-person interview: The instructions to get to the office and the friendliness of the reception staff were great. The meeting with the HR hiring manager was pretty standard as well. She asked about my qualifications and then turned the table over to me for questions. We had a good conversation about the needs of the company and while in mid-conversation and only two questions in, the interviewer ended our meeting by closing her book with my resume, said "it sounds like you do what I do in my job" and then reached her hand across the table to thank me for coming in. The experience left me speechless as I was rushed out the door towards the lobby.

Needless to say, I received a rejection letter via email less than 48 hours after the interview. My advice to the HR GalaxE Solutions team would include a couple things. First, make sure to better align the job description with the true needs of the company so that overqualified individuals do not pass through to the in-person interview. Second, it has never been best practice in my experience to abruptly end an interview in the manner in which I experienced. Everyone, even HR professionals, can benefit from professional coaching as well as reviewing best practices to ensure they attract the best candidate for their company.

Interview Questions

• The questions were based off of the resume and very standard.   Answer Question

.NET SE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GalaxE.Solutions (Detroit, MI).

Interview

A phone call to discuss the basic offer, then an online test for .NET, then Interview to see how you will adhere to different work situations. Then Hired. Detroit

Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GalaxE.Solutions (Franklin Lakes, NJ).

Interview

Spoke to account manager about my experience. Then I was invited for the client's onsite interview. The overall process took a long time (several weeks).

Interview Questions

• The client site interview was a bit technical. Mostly discussing my past experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They did not give me my agreed-upon rate. They changed the rate at the last minute. Since I had already given the notice to my previous employer, I was stuck and took the lower pay rate with was $10/hr less than the original rate.

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GalaxE.Solutions in October 2013.

Interview

The process was very quick. Got a call from the recruiter and then the recruiter setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. When that went well, got a face-to-face. Received an offer on friday.

Interview Questions

• What would your current manager say are the three qualities you need to improve.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter was very helpful and understanding. The recruiter was very responsive.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at GalaxE.Solutions (Somerset, NJ) in September 2011.

Interview

I had several telephone interviews with internal HR recruiter, who was quite nice and very professional. After getting through that round, I was scheduled for a follow-up interview with hiring manager. I took a half day of vacation from my current job to await the phone call. He never called. Later that day, I spoke again with a now-embarrassed HR rep who rescheduled another telephone interview. Again, the hiring manager never called, never emailed, never apologized or rescheduled. Very unprofessional. I withdrew my application. If these people can't keep appointments, I can't imagine how they bring projects in on time.

Interview Questions

• Are you available for a phone interview from the hiring manager.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GalaxE.Solutions (Somerset, NJ) in September 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews. Obsessed with details of Microsoft Project. Curious as it was very poorly used once hired.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions on adjusting hours in MS Project   1 Answer

Negotiation

salary. Was able to get it raised a bit

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GalaxE.Solutions (Somerset, NJ) in June 2011.

Interview

I was first contacted by the HR representative. The next step was a phone screening by a Senior manager who checked for competency in Project Management. Asked questions relating to the day to day activities which I perform currently. The next step was a Senior Manager. This manager queried specific situational scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail a situation where you guided the team to solve a complex problem   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GalaxE.Solutions (Somerset, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview. The interviewer was late to place the call and did not have anyone notify of the delay. The interview questions were behavioral interview questions. The second interview was held at the Somerset facility. Two members senior management held separate sessions. There are interested in a professional appearance. The scenarios were technical.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was to identify if you could work with the offshore team.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at GalaxE.Solutions in December 2010.

Interview

Took an online programming test, then a brief phone interview and I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was actually offered $5000 more than I requested.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GalaxE.Solutions (New Delhi (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

- I was contacted by a recruiter for one of their open positions.
    - As they work in the "body shopping" world and don't have real big projects, they want people to join in 1-2 weeks notice.
    -I was told by the recruiter, that even though I may be a team lead, I will be an individual contributor and everyone in their organization is one, irrespective of their designation. Though honest, but This didn't make very good impression. If everyone is an individual contributor, then how does the project works. Well, As the reviews mentioned, there are no stable projects. They mainly work on the POC.
    - Anyways, I went for the face to face interview. The interview went for an hour or so. I thought it went well, as the person wanted me to meet his boss. As his boss was busy, I was told that I would be contacted again.
    - On the next working day, the recruiter called and wanted to know, how the interview went. It was surprising as the recruiters are supposed to inform candidates about the result and next steps and not ask them about the interviews. I requested the recruiter to connect with the interviewer and let me know the feedback. Looked like, the recruiter didn't like it and responded "We will contact you later (in a sarcastic tone)".
    - Few days later, I checked with recruiter, but no response.
    - Few days later, after I contacted the recruiter, they again sent me the email about the same position, but with extra technological work. Looked like they were not sure about the requirements and just called me, to keep me as a backup, for their earlier requirements.
    - Total waste of time.