Gale Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gale

Project Manager Interview

interviewed at Gale in February 2013.

This was a courtesy interview since the person they wanted to hire had already been selected. It afforded me the opportunity to learn a lot about the department. I found out what they actually did; the types of vendors they dealt with, their structure; who reported to who (something hard to figure out with all the restructuring going on) and much more!

Interview Questions
    • No question like this was asked since they had already selected the individual for this job. The rest of us were interviewed just for the sake of going through the process.   Answer Question

Publisher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Gale in August 2010.

Process began with a phone interview, then was put on hold pending a corporate reorganization. Weeks later, received request for on-site interview. Flew up same day for interview with 6 or 7 senior-level officials (this was a senior position). Learned during the course of the interviews (at lunch, no less!) that the position for which I was interviewing was actually one level higher, and that the person to whom I'd be reporting (in the initial construct) was leaving. After that day (and what a day!), never heard back from them.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Gale in March 2009.

Just a one-on-one interview one time.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest challenge at work and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the company/position?   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate pay

Worked for Gale? Contribute to the Community!