Gale

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I interviewed at Gale in February 2013.

Interview Details – This was a courtesy interview since the person they wanted to hire had already been selected. It afforded me the opportunity to learn a lot about the department. I found out what they actually did; the types of vendors they dealt with, their structure; who reported to who (something hard to figure out with all the restructuring going on) and much more!

Interview Question – No question like this was asked since they had already selected the individual for this job. The rest of us were interviewed just for the sake of going through the process.   Answer Question

Publisher Interview

Publisher
Farmington Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Gale in August 2010.

Interview Details – Process began with a phone interview, then was put on hold pending a corporate reorganization. Weeks later, received request for on-site interview. Flew up same day for interview with 6 or 7 senior-level officials (this was a senior position). Learned during the course of the interviews (at lunch, no less!) that the position for which I was interviewing was actually one level higher, and that the person to whom I'd be reporting (in the initial construct) was leaving. After that day (and what a day!), never heard back from them.

Interview Question – How do view the K-12 market today?   View Answer

Editorial Assistant Interview

Editorial Assistant
Farmington Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Gale in March 2009.

Interview Details – Just a one-on-one interview one time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate pay

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Gale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gale interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Gale employees and interview candidates.