Gallaudet

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gallaudet

Candidate Interview Review

Administrative Secretary Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gallaudet in January 2011.

After I submitted my application it was about a month before I was contacted via email by HR, requesting an interview. It was a group interview with the five members of the hiring committee, so it had to be scheduled and rescheduled several times because of their varying conflicts. The interview itself was in ASL. Each committee member asked a question (or two maybe). Then I was given an opportunity to ask any questions and it was over. Didn't take longer than 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part of the interview was that it was in ASL and it had been a few years since I had used ASL regularly.   View Answer
    I negotiated a higher salary than I was initially offered, but I wish now that I had asked for more. What I know now is that they were desperate and prob would have given me the higher end of the salary scale. Also, the University is under a salary freeze, so no one has gotten any raises for two years. If I had known that I would definitely asked for more, knowing that there would be no increase for a while.