Galleria Marketing

Galleria Marketing Interview Questions

2.0

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Galleria Marketing in August 2012.

You apply online to one of their million openings which should be a big sign that things aren't good. They have you in and ask you a couple questions about ur self and past experience. Then they tell you that it's a 3 interview process which I thought was a little ridiculous for a simple little job. Later that day I got a call telling me I got a 2nd interview which was a full day ride along 9-2 with a lady and a current sales person. We drove to a cruddy part of town and I watched the guy try to sell cheaper credit card terminals at a cheaper rate to the businesses which is tough cause most of them are under contract. Right away I knew I didn't wanna do this but figured its only fair that I give it a little time. After being dragged around from 10-12 the nice lady which I think is considered a director bought me lunch and asked me more questions. They then took me back where I filled out a questionnaire. I immediately got called into my 3rd interview with the head guy which after explaining to me that the job wasn't rocket science offered me the job. I said yes but I am going to turn it down. Fully commission based jobs are hard and not something that I want to get into. It's a sales job not a marketing job or really a management job. Management would be considered a long stretch. Unless you are looking for a fully commission based sales b2b job, don't bother applying.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Galleria Marketing in July 2012.

Stay away from this company. This is totally a scam job for people straight of college. Interview was very easy. They told me how I was picked out of 100s of people for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easy, go over the resume. List money, growth, people you work with and fun. Which one you value the most   Answer Question

We had a field interview one day, where I witnessed that this job consists of going from door to door trying to sell products to people.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Galleria Marketing in May 2012.

I applied after seeing their information on careerbuilder.com. I left a voice mail for the supposed HR manager and received a call the following day. The call was with a bubbly young person who wanted me to come in for an interview. I should have known there was an issue with the legitimacy of it all when she called me twice in a row and then after talking to her and setting up the interview, later in the day she called me twice in a row again (very disorganized) and when I returned the fourth call, she realized she had forgotten she had already talked to me. She sent me an email detailing relevant information. I called the next day with follow up questions (as her email suggested i do if I had additional questions). I told her I had researched them on line and although I know reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, the reviews were pretty negative overall. I told her the reviews indicated it was not what they said it was, that many indicated it was really just selling door to door and was commission only. She said absolutely not, that it used to be that way, that things had changed. I decided to give her and the company the benefit of doubt and went to the interview anyway. Unfortunately, it was pretty close to the negative reviews I had read. Loud music playing as you walk in. The girl that had contacted me is listed on her email as the HR Director. Balogna, she was a receptionist. As an executive that worked with the same company for 20 plus years, managing 3500 employees including 14 district managers, the deception was so very blatant from the moment I went in the front door.Its a scheme folks. Avoid GALLERIA MARKETING at all costs. I am in school here in Houston finishing my degree this fall. Unfortunately for this company, I write on a regular basis for the school newspaper. I just found the topic for my next article, As graduates, AVOID COMPANIES THAT DECEIVE. You are never to old to learn from your mistakes, and going to this interview was a BIG mistake and a waste of my time. Galleria Marketing is not a marketing company, they get you into their facility on a false pretense and a bunch of young folks sell you their BS. Thank God I found them to be boring, fake and deceptive and I ran away as fast as I could to begin writing my next article for UH. What they do not realize is that met someone that will tell thousands of people over the next few years how much of a fake they are. Stay away!!!!

Interview Questions
    • She asked if i was an inside worker or outside worker   View Answer

Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Galleria Marketing in June 2011.

The questions are the same as shared previously. The interview was on Thursday, and I was asked to join the second on Friday by the end of the interview. I couldn't make it but I followed up, and never got anything back. The interview went pretty well though.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Galleria Marketing in June 2011.

The interview starts with them calling you and asking you to come in to interview with them in a one on one setting. After this they ask you to come in for a full day where you are riding around with one of their employees. This ride around is also an interview where you are just shadowing them and watching them work.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer because even though this company calls what they do marketing, it's not, it is door to door sales.

Marketing/Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Galleria Marketing in March 2011.

I was attracted to this company because they seemed very positive and responed very quickly to my resume in a personal manner. At first, I tried to schedule an interview with them, but they seemed reluctant to do so(which seemed unprofessional to me).

When I walked in to their office, there was a radio playing 80's music in the background and a secretary constantly calling people back for job interviews. I talked with other candidates in the waiting room and they were saying they would take any kind of job as long as it pays. I was called in for the screening interview where they asked me:
             What are your hobbies?
             If your best friend was sitting here on the couch what would he say about ?
             Rate what's most important to you: people, fun, money , growth

After that, they give you a call back saying that you made it to the second interview . In the second interview, you drive around with one of your possible trainers(mine liked to smoke in his car) and you watch them try and sell stuff to local businesses in the Houston area. The "interview" last from 9:15am to about 5:30pm.

The job is 100% commission based and you have to sell about 1,600 dollars a week in merchandise. Of that you get about 28% of that 1,600 plus some bonuses. I think on average it comes to about $700 a week. The person that I was doing the field interview with said that he makes about $4,000 a month(of course he is the best seller). You get health insurance after about 90 days of employment. .

When you get back to the office, there are different sizes of bells in front of the secretary's desk. These bells are to announce how much you sold for the day. You are asked to fill out a questionnaire about the interview. The only problem that they had with me was that I lacked selling experience(but did not test on how well I could sell). I believe if that was their issue, they should not of wasted my time with the second interview.

To me, galleria marketing lacks professionalism because they really don't want to set define times for interviews, and they were late for the second interview. On the second interview, my trainer didn't really seem like he was evaluating me, but that I was just tagging along while he sold things. Hope this information is helpful.

Entry Level Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Galleria Marketing in March 2011.

Quick response after I applied on monster. The staff were very friendly and upbeat. The interview was short and simple, basically what everyone has said below.

Interview Questions
    • If your best friend were here at the interview, how would he/she describe you?   Answer Question
    • If a customer says no, what would you do?   Answer Question

Door-to-Door Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Galleria Marketing in January 2011.

I do a lot of research before going into any interview, so before hand I knew that this company was 100% commission, however, I wanted to go into the interview before I make any judgments. However, I really dislike that fact that they say that this position is a "management position" and you do a lot of "marketing" when in fact it is a SALES POSITION. SALES IS NOT MARKETING BUT A COMPONENT OF IT. SALES does NOT equal MARKETING. I HATE when people automatically associate sales with marketing. (SORRY, I was a marketing major and seriously, SALES IS NOT MARKETING.)

My first interview was fairly easy. What are your hobbies? What would your friends say about you? etc. Questions like that. The manager interviewing me said that she would call me around 5:30pm or so. She called right on time and asked me to come in the next day in order to shadow one of the manager trainees.

Second day, I come in and the person in the front desk is super bubbly. She explains that she LOVES working for Galleria Marketing and she is the number one recruiter (if I remember correctly) in the whole nation. She makes a comment that there are other companies out there similar to Galleria Marketing that gives false advertising indicating that they do something about Sports. (Okay, you guys do the exact same thing. I've seen multiple advertisements that says SPORTS MINDED??) Anyway, I basically ride around with manager trainees the whole day. They give you a zip code to work with and you go from building to building trying to get someone to buy some paper, ink, etc from you. It's really as un-glamorous as it sounds. I asked them if they get paid vehicle allowance. No. You only get the commission you make from your sales.

I get back to their office around 6:00pm where they ask you for a final interview with the manager. The manager trainee is supposed to vouch for you so you try to convince them to convince their manager to hire you. The manger trainee told me, "Is there anything I can tell her, because she's kind of concerned that you do not have management experience." (Umm I thought this was an entry-level position and you don't need experience??) Anyway, at that point I really did not want the job because it is what it is and I don't see myself going door-to-door to sell so I flat out told her I don't think that this job is what I'm looking for nor does it have the salary that I need. She tells me, "It is actually comes out to about $36, 000 a year." But she IS one of the top sales people and I don't believe it comes with benefits so I said no. I actually left before I could have my final interview.

Interview Questions

Door-to-door is not what I'm looking for.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Galleria Marketing in September 2010.

I was called for a one on one interview and it went well. It was about 30 minutes long and I learned alot. The manager took the time to go into extensive detail about their current clients and their other offices in boston, new york, virginia, philadelphia, etc. It seems like they are growing pretty rapidly and have a lot of exciting things going on. I loved the music that they had playing in the lobby.. it was 80's music... truly brought back memories from my childhood! Anyways, I was not invited back to finish the interview process... I'm assuming it had something to do with not bringing a hardcopy of my resume with me... not sure. I'm hoping I can try to apply again at the beginning of the year.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Galleria Marketing in August 2010.

it was a very quick interview process. Overall the atmosphere was great, the staff was pumped, and seemed to have a lot of fun working there. My friend actaully worked there back in 2009 and he referred me, but unfortunately I did not get a job offer. I'm not sure what happened, I assumed that since I knew someone that did very well in their company that I would get the job hands down. Anyways, it seemed like a great opportunity.