Galleria Marketing

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Galleria Marketing in May 2012.

I applied after seeing their information on careerbuilder.com. I left a voice mail for the supposed HR manager and received a call the following day. The call was with a bubbly young person who wanted me to come in for an interview. I should have known there was an issue with the legitimacy of it all when she called me twice in a row and then after talking to her and setting up the interview, later in the day she called me twice in a row again (very disorganized) and when I returned the fourth call, she realized she had forgotten she had already talked to me. She sent me an email detailing relevant information. I called the next day with follow up questions (as her email suggested i do if I had additional questions). I told her I had researched them on line and although I know reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, the reviews were pretty negative overall. I told her the reviews indicated it was not what they said it was, that many indicated it was really just selling door to door and was commission only. She said absolutely not, that it used to be that way, that things had changed. I decided to give her and the company the benefit of doubt and went to the interview anyway. Unfortunately, it was pretty close to the negative reviews I had read. Loud music playing as you walk in. The girl that had contacted me is listed on her email as the HR Director. Balogna, she was a receptionist. As an executive that worked with the same company for 20 plus years, managing 3500 employees including 14 district managers, the deception was so very blatant from the moment I went in the front door.Its a scheme folks. Avoid GALLERIA MARKETING at all costs. I am in school here in Houston finishing my degree this fall. Unfortunately for this company, I write on a regular basis for the school newspaper. I just found the topic for my next article, As graduates, AVOID COMPANIES THAT DECEIVE. You are never to old to learn from your mistakes, and going to this interview was a BIG mistake and a waste of my time. Galleria Marketing is not a marketing company, they get you into their facility on a false pretense and a bunch of young folks sell you their BS. Thank God I found them to be boring, fake and deceptive and I ran away as fast as I could to begin writing my next article for UH. What they do not realize is that met someone that will tell thousands of people over the next few years how much of a fake they are. Stay away!!!!

Interview Questions
  • She asked if i was an inside worker or outside worker   View Answer