Gallup Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2015

3.6

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gallup (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I went through an online test and a phone interview. The phone interview and online test were rapid personality questions, I made it through to the second interview on the phone, which was more traditional interview. If I made it through that, they told me there would be an in person interview and a skills to make sure I was proficient in Excel and Word.

Interview Questions

• What is one subject you would consider yourself an expert on?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Did an online assessment and then got invited to do a phone interview a few days later. The interview is recorded and the questions are read from a sheet. Very random questions. It was a 45 minute long interview.

Interview Questions

• Do people come to you with their issues or concerns? Without revealing anything confidential, what kind of conversations have you had in the past week? What do you do when you first wake up in the morning? What do you think about on your way to work?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Telephone interview after submission of application/completion of talent assessment. Took about three days to hear back. Interview was scheduled for a week later. Heard back about 3 days after interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you think about when you wake up in the morning?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Went through about 6 steps. Online personality test, phone interview #1, follow up phone interview, final phone interview, skills assessment, face-to-face interview. They're looking for candidates who are competitive, motivated, confident in themselves and highly sociable. If this isn't you, don't bother. Anyway the whole process took about a month or so but I start in a couple days :-)

Interview Questions

• What do you think about when you first wake up in the morning? (phone interview #1)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I'm happy with starting salary

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

It was a fairly easy process. First you take an standard online behavioral assessment. If you pass the online assessment a recruiter will contact you for a phone interview. The phone interview is similar to the online assessment but they're looking for quick detailed responses.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to think of examples on the spot. Some of the questions were a bit random. What do you think about on your way to work?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Telephone interview was interesting. They are geared to make you answer the questions quickly. Be prepared to have examples ready when they ask you to elaborate more on certain questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you keep secrets? How do you feel when you wake up in the morning? On a scale from 1-5, how assertive are you? Do you show up early to work?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gallup.

Interview

I was set up for a 40 minute phone interview by a professional recruiter. It was quick-fire type of questions that were more behavior based than skills or knowledge about the company. Some of examples were: - How do you feel when you wake up in the morning? - How would your friends describe you as? - What are your weaknesses? - Do you lie? - Describe a time on how you had to deal with confidential information without giving away any confidential information. - Do you like to be the best? - Do you lead or do you follow? - What is better? A team leader or a team member? ....

Interview Questions

• Do you like to learn a lot about a little or little about a lot?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Took a long online diagnostic and received a quick reply saying that I would be contacted shortly if Gallup was interested in scheduling a phone interview. That day came 2 days later and I scheduled an interview 3 days from then. The interview format caught me off-guard, since it was less of an actual interview and more of a rapid battery of no-nonsense, self-assessing questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gallup (San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

From what I can remember, the process begins with an online assessment. If you pass the online assessment, then you continue on to take a modified StrengthsFinder online. Then a phone interview, which is part of the Selection tool that Gallup uses for hiring. It's unusual in the sense that the interview asks you a series of questions and you don't receive any feedback. Also, the interview is recorded. If you pass the phone interview, you go on to interview in person and/or via videoconference.

Interview Questions

• A child is sitting in a room playing with a hammer. The child hits their thumb and begins to cry. What is the first thing you do?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gallup in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was basically a rapid fire of questions, some about my personality, some random, none that indicated the interviewer had even read my resume. Often the interviewer would not even pause for me to finish my answer; many YES or NO questions. I think the interview is designed to gauge your personality and make you nervous so as to eliminate lying.

Interview Questions

• What do you typically do while you are driving to work in the morning?   Answer Question