Gallup Associate Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied- day 0; Invitation to proceed with phone interview- day 7; Phone interview- day 9; Non-selection email day 14. It was a very bizarre and uncomfortable experience. There is no personal interaction or soft take-off for the interview, you go straight into it. The interviewer acts as a human robot reading questions and cannot give any additional information or react to how you answer. I have a sneaking suspicion that they select candidates to interview as a means of gathering data. After we ended the call I had already made the decision that I did not want to pursue employment with this company; there is a complete lack of human connection. It was a mindfork- deliberately confusing and manipulatory.

Interview Questions

• <note> there is a disclaimer at the beginning of the interview stating that their interview questions are proprietary and they are not to be shared. That said.... What do you think about when you're driving?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup in May 2015.

Interview

The telephone interview was just like the rest of the reviews! The speaker seemed nice and gave you time to complete your answers! The interviewer was only able to repeat the questions! I am now waiting for a response. Best way to prepare is to write down the questions from the reviews and write down your answers before your interviews!

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 5 how competitive are you? What kind of numbers do you think about?   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Applied online, then took the online talent assessment. A couple of weeks later I received an email asking to schedule a phone interview. The interview was very similar to the personality assessment, and it seemed to have went very well, and I prepared a lot for it, but it seems they are looking for a very specific type of personality. About a week later I got an email saying they didn't have a position that fit my talents.

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Very similar to what others are saying. You're being administered a phone personality assessment. They're looking for all type-A personality sort of answers. So when they ask if you'd like to be paid by compensation, you say yes. Say yes to being good with numbers, liking a challenge, living your career, and so on. That's round one. Round two if the same thing, but they'll ask more open ended questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• At the end of round two: Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? What salary do you want? The usual stuff, but I was caught off guard after such a long personality assessment.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

If you read all of the other posts, you'll get a good idea of what kind of questions are asked. Just make sure you are concise with your responses and that you're okay with compensation based on performance. I've only completed the first phone interview and will be taking the second one soon.

Associate Analyst Interview

Interview

I'm On my second phone interview--the questions on this site are on point. This is a company that looks for the best and you should believe you are the best. I'm still waiting and will update as I move along in the process. Study the questions, don't think so much in your response.

Interview Questions

• From your observation, there are high producers, management will spend time with the low producers and tell the rest to get on with their business.   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Everyone knows from the other posts the way these interviews go so I will just try and put some questions on here that I did not see posted by other people. -What kind of work do you think you'd be doing at Gallup? -Are you research oriented? -Do you think your memory is better than most people? -What qualities do you think make up a bad manager? -A TON of questions asking if I'm good at math. Even asked me to literally to demonstrate a doing math in my head and I was expected to come up with an example myself. -Have you had a hard time making decisions (I think also a prior question on do I have trouble making decisions) and then example. -Do you think it's important to know what the population is thinking regarding things (obviously not exact wording but they were essentially referencing their gallup poll). If any more significant examples pop in my head that I did not see posted by others, I will try and write another post. So far I have only done the first two rounds and I am currently waiting to hear back if I got to the final round with HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Irvine, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I found the posting on Gallup's website and applied through there. Within a week I received an e-mail requesting that I call their scheduling desk to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for the following week. During the phone interview, it was explained to me that I would be asked a series of personality assessment type questions over the course of 45 minutes (the Q&A portion of my interview ended up clocking in at a little over 35 minutes). I was informed that I would not be able to ask the interviewer to clarify questions, though I could only ask her to repeat them. I was also told to keep my answers concise (at one point in the beginning of the interview I was reminded to keep my answers short). Also, the interview was recorded. Once this interview was over, I was told that I could expect to hear back within a week. At that point, I may be invited to partake in a second phone interview entailing another round of personality assessment type questions. If I made it past that round, there would be an in-person, traditional, more conversational interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• **To best prepare for your initial phone interview, please make sure to go through ALL these Glassdoor Gallup interview reviews - NOT just the Associate Analyst ones.** Given the sheer volume of Gallup reviews provided here, by "ALL" I mean all the jobs that are at the same level as or in the same vein as this position - Research Analyst, Consultant, Project Manager. All the questions that were asked of me, were found in these Glassdoor reviews. I would rate this interview as being easy to average PROVIDED that you prepare for it by reviewing the feedback provided in these reviews. Without any prep, it would be difficult. Although it will take some time to copy and paste all the questions provided in these reviews into a Word document, it is WELL worth the trouble. The interview is fast-paced. I wasn't rushed per se, but the interviewer definitely kept the interview moving and there was no time to contemplate answers. My phone interview questions included: • How do you like to be paid?/Should compensation be based on performance? (This type of question was asked 3-4 different ways throughout the interview.) • Are you a positive person? • Do you like working with cynical people? • Are you an overachiever? • Are you competitive? • What qualities do you like in an employer? • Do people regularly come to you for advice? • Are you service-oriented? • Should a manager focus on a higher performing employee or a low performing employee?/Would you one high-performing employee or two mediocre employees who together generate the same output as the high performing employee? (Questions along these lines were asked about 3 times throughout the interview.) • Are you the most caring person of the people that you associate with? • Do you associate with the others who have the same values as you? • Do you prefer 8-5 or more of a lifestyle (meaning work continues to roll in beyond those hours)? • Do you think chain of command is important? • Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? • Are you more productive when under pressure? • What is a good time? • Are people willing to do things for you? • Would you work for a sales-based organization? • Is there such a thing as giving someone too much praise?   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

If you pass the online assessment then you have two phone interviews. Both of the interviews are behavioral and focus on how you react in a situation they put you in. Have to be quick because it is like a rapid fire.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with failure? Are you willing to sell or recommend more products or services? How would you like to be paid? What motivates you? Do you like competition?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Gallup in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and answered a standard set of behavioral interview questions. After that, I was invited for a 45 minute phone interview. The phone interview was a series of questions (behavioral) with no room to elaborate. The process was not difficult and I was told that I would hear back within 3-5 days .

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work in sales? I thought this was strange given that it was not a sales job.   Answer Question