Gallup Associate Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

3.4

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in January 2014.

apply online, after submit the resume, you need to finish a behavior test. If you passed, you will get a chance of phone interview. The phone interview is still all behavior questions, but make sure to prepare examples for your answers. There is no communication in the phone interview, just like talking to a Robot.

Interview Questions
  • How do you measure your success each day
    What do you think when you are driving in the night
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup.

Similarly to most peoples' experience, I applied online and received an invitation to proceed with the first phone interview within the week. It was an hour long phone call and I found the person I was talking to be quite friendly despite the fact that they weren't allowed to communicate too much or elaborate on the questions they were asking. As I got more comfortable throughout the call, I made a few jokes and they laughed so I suppose that helped them relate to me as a real person. I didn't find it to be as rigid as other reviews had said it would be.

Although preparing for the behavioural interview is of limited value, what is helpful is to think of examples from your work experience for the questions that they might ask. The questions other interviewees listed here were very helpful in figuring out what they would ask but there's only so much you can prepare for this! The questions seemed to be pretty random and they asked the same questions over and over again (I suppose to see if you would change your answer). So my advice is to be honest.

At the end of the call, I was told that they would like to proceed with the next step which is a second phone interview. They said it would be similar to the first one but more in-depth. I noted here that an offer wasn't extended but I'm still going through the process so we'll see.

Interview Questions
    • - How do you like to be compensated? (Pay for performance or regular salary)
      - Do you find that people come to you for advice? What was the most recent time someone came to you for advice and what did you tell them?
      - Do you think people do things for you because they like you? Give us an example.
      - Do you prefer a job that's 8-5 or more of a lifestyle? Explain why.
      - Would you consider yourself to be an overachiever? Give us an example of when you think you overachieved.
      - What kind of scoring mechanisms do you use in your day to day life?
      - Do you think a manager should spend more time with his best performing employees or the more mediocre ones?
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in April 2011.

The interview itself consisted of similar questions that were asked during the initial application process. The questions were rapid to allow little time to reflect, similar to the questions asked during the application process. Gallup hires based off of the strength personality test and have several books on the subject which are helpful can be read. Do your research and be prepared!

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather be paid hourly, or based performance based?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup.

Same as other posters: Applied online, received an email a week later inviting me to call and set up a phone interview. The interview was exactly as described by other posters here, and I was glad I did some background research and was prepared for the questions.

At the end of the first telephone interview, I was told that they would like to proceed with the second interview and that someone would call me by the end of the business day to set that up. The person called me 5 minutes later and we set up the second interview.

Had the second interview yesterday. Same format but more in-depth.

Now waiting to hear back about the next step. Have been told that I would be contacted either way in 3-5 days.

I did lots (lots!) of background research before these interviews, including reading many of the bestselling books written by people associated with the company (Tom Rath etc) or published by their own press. Other than that, just be yourself. It's all about fit.

Having done an immense amount of background research and been through the first two interviews, I feel a really good fit between myself and the organization, so it will be very interesting to see if they agree with this.

While I would be dissapointed if not offered a position, the process thus far (including the books I have read!) has been highly stimulating and an excellent learning experience.

Let's see : )

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Gallup in June 2011.

My first step in applying for an Associate Analyst position for the Gallup Consulting office in Atlanta, GA, was to complete an online application, which consisted of a 40-min talent skills assessment. The day after I submitted my application, I received an email from the Gallup talent analyst team that I had passed the initial application review and that I was invited to complete an 45-min in-depth phone interview. The phone interview was given by a Talent Analyst, who asked a series of direct "yes" or "no" questions that sought to identify my talents, skills, and personality and work traits. The most difficult aspect of the interview was that the Talent Analyst's job is to solely ask the questions and not to engage with you in a dialogue-style interview.

Interview Questions
    • What numbers or scores do you think about on a daily basis?   Answer Question
    • Do you think that managers should focus most of their energy and time on the most productive employees or the least productive employees?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in November 2011.

The phone calls were very structured and specific; I could only answer questions or ask the interviewer to repeat the questions, and there could be no other communication between us. I was asked several questions that related to my personality. One that came up three times was about compensation or pay. If you are interviewed for a position here, just be honest and consistent across the board and if you fit there they'll contact you.

Interview Questions
    • Should employees be paid a salary or based on performance?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in February 2012.

Applied online, received an email saying i could call to set up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of behavioral questions to gauge what type of person you are, as well as your strengths. Phone interview was not difficult. During the phone interview you are only allowed to ask the interviewee to repeat the questions - they will not elaborate on the question.

Interview Questions
    • How would you address the poor performance of a team member?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Gallup in January 2012.

I had two interviews over the phone after completing the online personality test. Both of the interviews on the phone went well and was even told so by HR and I was supposed to hear from the hiring manager. However, the hiring manager never emailed or called. When I spoke to HR again they indicated the hiring manager must not have thought I was a good fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Gallup.

After applying for the position had an online assessment. The next step is a telephone interview of 45 questions which is totally rushed and recorded. be careful that you don't overtalk in the conversation or the interviewer will cut you short and it will sound unprofessional. Anyways was called to set up a second interview via telephone again this time 75 questions in the format of.....have you done this? if yes then give me an example of a time..... so think on your feet and anticipate teh next question. I was not extended an offer with the email sent 2 days later saying I did not fit their requirement. Its a hit or a miss, so just be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Are you good with numbers? give me an example.
      Have you studied management or psychological theories? Give me an example of a theory you follow.
      Have you ever had a set back or lost at something? If so provide an example.
        View Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gallup in July 2013.

Submitted application online. Got an e-mail the next day to schedule a phone interview. Was informed after the phone interview that I would not be moving forward in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think employees should be paid according to their performance?
      Was asked this question a few times in different ways.
        Answer Question

Worked for Gallup? Contribute to the Community!