Gallup Associate Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in January 2014.

Interview

apply online, after submit the resume, you need to finish a behavior test. If you passed, you will get a chance of phone interview. The phone interview is still all behavior questions, but make sure to prepare examples for your answers. There is no communication in the phone interview, just like talking to a Robot.

Interview Questions

• How do you measure your success each day What do you think when you are driving in the night   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Telephone interview. About 30 minutes long. Very different and thought provoking questions. Not sure what they are looking for, but I focused on being goal oriented and willing to work for pay based on performance and got through to next round. Who knows if that's what they are even looking for tho. Very tough to judge.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

First phone interviewing was about 45 questions and lasted about 30 mins. Questions were similar to the assessment questions. Next phone interview was about 75 questions and lasted about 45 mins. Similar to the other questions just a little more in depth. There is a list of questions in another post that will help and give you an idea of what to expect.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Irvine, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

An online questionnaire of 100% personality-based questions followed by an invitation for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and consisted of the same questions as the online questionnaire. "Are you competitive?" "How have you motivated someone in the last 24 hours?" "Do you believe you should be compensated based on performance?"

Interview Questions

• It seems like they have a very particular personality type that they are looking for and have no interest in a varied and diverse workplace so if you do not fully match their criteria in every way, then you don't get moved to the next stage. Be honest because I honestly have no idea what they're looking for. I got hired at Google, but not here. Go figure.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Similarly to most peoples' experience, I applied online and received an invitation to proceed with the first phone interview within the week. It was an hour long phone call and I found the person I was talking to be quite friendly despite the fact that they weren't allowed to communicate too much or elaborate on the questions they were asking. As I got more comfortable throughout the call, I made a few jokes and they laughed so I suppose that helped them relate to me as a real person. I didn't find it to be as rigid as other reviews had said it would be. Although preparing for the behavioural interview is of limited value, what is helpful is to think of examples from your work experience for the questions that they might ask. The questions other interviewees listed here were very helpful in figuring out what they would ask but there's only so much you can prepare for this! The questions seemed to be pretty random and they asked the same questions over and over again (I suppose to see if you would change your answer). So my advice is to be honest. At the end of the call, I was told that they would like to proceed with the next step which is a second phone interview. They said it would be similar to the first one but more in-depth. I noted here that an offer wasn't extended but I'm still going through the process so we'll see.

Interview Questions

• - How do you like to be compensated? (Pay for performance or regular salary) - Do you find that people come to you for advice? What was the most recent time someone came to you for advice and what did you tell them? - Do you think people do things for you because they like you? Give us an example. - Do you prefer a job that's 8-5 or more of a lifestyle? Explain why. - Would you consider yourself to be an overachiever? Give us an example of when you think you overachieved. - What kind of scoring mechanisms do you use in your day to day life? - Do you think a manager should spend more time with his best performing employees or the more mediocre ones?   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Very similar to what others are saying. You're being administered a phone personality assessment. They're looking for all type-A personality sort of answers. So when they ask if you'd like to be paid by compensation, you say yes. Say yes to being good with numbers, liking a challenge, living your career, and so on. That's round one. Round two if the same thing, but they'll ask more open ended questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• At the end of round two: Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? What salary do you want? The usual stuff, but I was caught off guard after such a long personality assessment.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted an online application and was contacted the same day, via email, to complete an online assessment. The assessment was comprised of personality/behavioral questions that seemed to be geared toward a sales oriented position rather than an analyst position. Within two days, I was scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was more of the same personality type questioning as I'd already answered on the initial assessment. Again, the questioning was geared more toward a sales oriented position and asked for more real life examples. Telephone interviewer is reading from a script and records the session. No personal interaction. Was told I would be contacted within 24-48 hours with results. I was contacted the next day, via phone, to schedule a second phone interview. Next interview will be 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest achievement in life and why? Do you believe management should spend more time with low achieving or high achievers? Do you believe individuals should be paid for performance or a set salary?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Same as other posters: Applied online, received an email a week later inviting me to call and set up a phone interview. The interview was exactly as described by other posters here, and I was glad I did some background research and was prepared for the questions. At the end of the first telephone interview, I was told that they would like to proceed with the second interview and that someone would call me by the end of the business day to set that up. The person called me 5 minutes later and we set up the second interview. Had the second interview yesterday. Same format but more in-depth. Now waiting to hear back about the next step. Have been told that I would be contacted either way in 3-5 days. I did lots (lots!) of background research before these interviews, including reading many of the bestselling books written by people associated with the company (Tom Rath etc) or published by their own press. Other than that, just be yourself. It's all about fit. Having done an immense amount of background research and been through the first two interviews, I feel a really good fit between myself and the organization, so it will be very interesting to see if they agree with this. While I would be dissapointed if not offered a position, the process thus far (including the books I have read!) has been highly stimulating and an excellent learning experience. Let's see : )

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview itself consisted of similar questions that were asked during the initial application process. The questions were rapid to allow little time to reflect, similar to the questions asked during the application process. Gallup hires based off of the strength personality test and have several books on the subject which are helpful can be read. Do your research and be prepared!

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be paid hourly, or based performance based?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gallup (Atlanta, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

My first step in applying for an Associate Analyst position for the Gallup Consulting office in Atlanta, GA, was to complete an online application, which consisted of a 40-min talent skills assessment. The day after I submitted my application, I received an email from the Gallup talent analyst team that I had passed the initial application review and that I was invited to complete an 45-min in-depth phone interview. The phone interview was given by a Talent Analyst, who asked a series of direct "yes" or "no" questions that sought to identify my talents, skills, and personality and work traits. The most difficult aspect of the interview was that the Talent Analyst's job is to solely ask the questions and not to engage with you in a dialogue-style interview.

Interview Questions

• What numbers or scores do you think about on a daily basis?   Answer Question
    • Do you think that managers should focus most of their energy and time on the most productive employees or the least productive employees?   Answer Question