Gallup

Updated Nov 15, 2014

3.5

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gallup.

Telephone interview. About 30 minutes long. Very different and thought provoking questions. Not sure what they are looking for, but I focused on being goal oriented and willing to work for pay based on performance and got through to next round. Who knows if that's what they are even looking for tho. Very tough to judge.

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Associate Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gallup in October 2014.

Received initial phone interview a week after applying to listing online. Interview asked standard behavioral questions. No room to ask questions. Received call for follow up interview 2 weeks later.

Associate Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gallup in October 2014.

I submitted an online application and was contacted the same day, via email, to complete an online assessment. The assessment was comprised of personality/behavioral questions that seemed to be geared toward a sales oriented position rather than an analyst position. Within two days, I was scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was more of the same personality type questioning as I'd already answered on the initial assessment. Again, the questioning was geared more toward a sales oriented position and asked for more real life examples. Telephone interviewer is reading from a script and records the session. No personal interaction. Was told I would be contacted within 24-48 hours with results. I was contacted the next day, via phone, to schedule a second phone interview. Next interview will be 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest achievement in life and why? Do you believe management should spend more time with low achieving or high achievers? Do you believe individuals should be paid for performance or a set salary?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in October 2014.

I found the posting on Gallup's website and applied through there. Within a week I received an e-mail requesting that I call their scheduling desk to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for the following week.

During the phone interview, it was explained to me that I would be asked a series of personality assessment type questions over the course of 45 minutes (the Q&A portion of my interview ended up clocking in at a little over 35 minutes). I was informed that I would not be able to ask the interviewer to clarify questions, though I could only ask her to repeat them. I was also told to keep my answers concise (at one point in the beginning of the interview I was reminded to keep my answers short). Also, the interview was recorded.

Once this interview was over, I was told that I could expect to hear back within a week. At that point, I may be invited to partake in a second phone interview entailing another round of personality assessment type questions. If I made it past that round, there would be an in-person, traditional, more conversational interview with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • **To best prepare for your initial phone interview, please make sure to go through ALL these Glassdoor Gallup interview reviews - NOT just the Associate Analyst ones.** Given the sheer volume of Gallup reviews provided here, by "ALL" I mean all the jobs that are at the same level as or in the same vein as this position - Research Analyst, Consultant, Project Manager.

All the questions that were asked of me, were found in these Glassdoor reviews. I would rate this interview as being easy to average PROVIDED that you prepare for it by reviewing the feedback provided in these reviews. Without any prep, it would be difficult. Although it will take some time to copy and paste all the questions provided in these reviews into a Word document, it is WELL worth the trouble. The interview is fast-paced. I wasn't rushed per se, but the interviewer definitely kept the interview moving and there was no time to contemplate answers.

My phone interview questions included:
      • How do you like to be paid?/Should compensation be based on performance? (This type of question was asked 3-4 different ways throughout the interview.)
      • Are you a positive person?
      • Do you like working with cynical people?
      • Are you an overachiever?
      • Are you competitive?
      • What qualities do you like in an employer?
      • Do people regularly come to you for advice?
      • Are you service-oriented?
      • Should a manager focus on a higher performing employee or a low performing employee?/Would you one high-performing employee or two mediocre employees who together generate the same output as the high performing employee? (Questions along these lines were asked about 3 times throughout the interview.)
      • Are you the most caring person of the people that you associate with?
      • Do you associate with the others who have the same values as you?
      • Do you prefer 8-5 or more of a lifestyle (meaning work continues to roll in beyond those hours)?
      • Do you think chain of command is important?
      • Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
      • Are you more productive when under pressure?
      • What is a good time?
      • Are people willing to do things for you?
      • Would you work for a sales-based organization?
      • Is there such a thing as giving someone too much praise?
        Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gallup.

Faced Telephone Interview for 40 minutes. Questions were like: 1.Should you consider yourself as an underachiever or overachiever? 2.Do you prefer 8-5 job or more of a lifestyle?why? 3. Do you think people do things for you because they like you? 4. Do you think chain of command is important? why?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in September 2014.

An online questionnaire of 100% personality-based questions followed by an invitation for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and consisted of the same questions as the online questionnaire. "Are you competitive?" "How have you motivated someone in the last 24 hours?" "Do you believe you should be compensated based on performance?"

Interview Questions
    • It seems like they have a very particular personality type that they are looking for and have no interest in a varied and diverse workplace so if you do not fully match their criteria in every way, then you don't get moved to the next stage. Be honest because I honestly have no idea what they're looking for. I got hired at Google, but not here. Go figure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Gallup in August 2014.

First phone interviewing was about 45 questions and lasted about 30 mins. Questions were similar to the assessment questions. Next phone interview was about 75 questions and lasted about 45 mins. Similar to the other questions just a little more in depth. There is a list of questions in another post that will help and give you an idea of what to expect.

Associate Analyst Interview

Phone interview was a set of questions delivered rapid-fire over the course of 45 minutes, with no feedback from the interviewer. At the end of the interview, there was a brief period for questions regarding next steps, etc. The overall experience was extremely impersonal, and gave the feeling of a large pond with many small fish within the organization.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about sales, which was unexpected given the nature of the position   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gallup.

The interview were very long and it was exactly like what you saw here. Just go through all the questions that people upload. You will be fine. Just be honest. Don't lie, because if you do, later you will get a job that you might not fit and like.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a psychological theory that you learned or like.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

Similarly to most peoples' experience, I applied online and received an invitation to proceed with the first phone interview within the week. It was an hour long phone call and I found the person I was talking to be quite friendly despite the fact that they weren't allowed to communicate too much or elaborate on the questions they were asking. As I got more comfortable throughout the call, I made a few jokes and they laughed so I suppose that helped them relate to me as a real person. I didn't find it to be as rigid as other reviews had said it would be.

Although preparing for the behavioural interview is of limited value, what is helpful is to think of examples from your work experience for the questions that they might ask. The questions other interviewees listed here were very helpful in figuring out what they would ask but there's only so much you can prepare for this! The questions seemed to be pretty random and they asked the same questions over and over again (I suppose to see if you would change your answer). So my advice is to be honest.

At the end of the call, I was told that they would like to proceed with the next step which is a second phone interview. They said it would be similar to the first one but more in-depth. I noted here that an offer wasn't extended but I'm still going through the process so we'll see.

Interview Questions
    • - How do you like to be compensated? (Pay for performance or regular salary)
      - Do you find that people come to you for advice? What was the most recent time someone came to you for advice and what did you tell them?
      - Do you think people do things for you because they like you? Give us an example.
      - Do you prefer a job that's 8-5 or more of a lifestyle? Explain why.
      - Would you consider yourself to be an overachiever? Give us an example of when you think you overachieved.
      - What kind of scoring mechanisms do you use in your day to day life?
      - Do you think a manager should spend more time with his best performing employees or the more mediocre ones?
        View Answer