Gallup Associate Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

3.4

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Gallup in June 2011.

My first step in applying for an Associate Analyst position for the Gallup Consulting office in Atlanta, GA, was to complete an online application, which consisted of a 40-min talent skills assessment. The day after I submitted my application, I received an email from the Gallup talent analyst team that I had passed the initial application review and that I was invited to complete an 45-min in-depth phone interview. The phone interview was given by a Talent Analyst, who asked a series of direct "yes" or "no" questions that sought to identify my talents, skills, and personality and work traits. The most difficult aspect of the interview was that the Talent Analyst's job is to solely ask the questions and not to engage with you in a dialogue-style interview.

Interview Questions
  • What numbers or scores do you think about on a daily basis?   Answer Question
  • Do you think that managers should focus most of their energy and time on the most productive employees or the least productive employees?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Anonymous Employee  in  Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in July 2011.

After completing the online application, I quickly got a reply and was scheduled for a phone interview to take place several weeks from that point. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and consisted of a series of rapid-fire, no-nonsense, personality-based questions. They use these psyche-tests to systematically eliminate candidates who would not be a perfect fit for their company culture. If they meet the requirements, only then will they be asked to continue the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you address a team members poor performance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in April 2011.

The interview itself consisted of similar questions that were asked during the initial application process. The questions were rapid to allow little time to reflect, similar to the questions asked during the application process. Gallup hires based off of the strength personality test and have several books on the subject which are helpful can be read. Do your research and be prepared!

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather be paid hourly, or based performance based?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup.

Similarly to most peoples' experience, I applied online and received an invitation to proceed with the first phone interview within the week. It was an hour long phone call and I found the person I was talking to be quite friendly despite the fact that they weren't allowed to communicate too much or elaborate on the questions they were asking. As I got more comfortable throughout the call, I made a few jokes and they laughed so I suppose that helped them relate to me as a real person. I didn't find it to be as rigid as other reviews had said it would be.

Although preparing for the behavioural interview is of limited value, what is helpful is to think of examples from your work experience for the questions that they might ask. The questions other interviewees listed here were very helpful in figuring out what they would ask but there's only so much you can prepare for this! The questions seemed to be pretty random and they asked the same questions over and over again (I suppose to see if you would change your answer). So my advice is to be honest.

At the end of the call, I was told that they would like to proceed with the next step which is a second phone interview. They said it would be similar to the first one but more in-depth. I noted here that an offer wasn't extended but I'm still going through the process so we'll see.

Interview Questions
    • - How do you like to be compensated? (Pay for performance or regular salary)
      - Do you find that people come to you for advice? What was the most recent time someone came to you for advice and what did you tell them?
      - Do you think people do things for you because they like you? Give us an example.
      - Do you prefer a job that's 8-5 or more of a lifestyle? Explain why.
      - Would you consider yourself to be an overachiever? Give us an example of when you think you overachieved.
      - What kind of scoring mechanisms do you use in your day to day life?
      - Do you think a manager should spend more time with his best performing employees or the more mediocre ones?
        View Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gallup.

1) Online assessment
    2) Phone interview 1
    3) Phone interview 2
    4) In person interview

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup.

Same as other posters: Applied online, received an email a week later inviting me to call and set up a phone interview. The interview was exactly as described by other posters here, and I was glad I did some background research and was prepared for the questions.

At the end of the first telephone interview, I was told that they would like to proceed with the second interview and that someone would call me by the end of the business day to set that up. The person called me 5 minutes later and we set up the second interview.

Had the second interview yesterday. Same format but more in-depth.

Now waiting to hear back about the next step. Have been told that I would be contacted either way in 3-5 days.

I did lots (lots!) of background research before these interviews, including reading many of the bestselling books written by people associated with the company (Tom Rath etc) or published by their own press. Other than that, just be yourself. It's all about fit.

Having done an immense amount of background research and been through the first two interviews, I feel a really good fit between myself and the organization, so it will be very interesting to see if they agree with this.

While I would be dissapointed if not offered a position, the process thus far (including the books I have read!) has been highly stimulating and an excellent learning experience.

Let's see : )

Associate Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in February 2012.

Applied online, received an email saying i could call to set up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of behavioral questions to gauge what type of person you are, as well as your strengths. Phone interview was not difficult. During the phone interview you are only allowed to ask the interviewee to repeat the questions - they will not elaborate on the question.

Interview Questions
    • How would you address the poor performance of a team member?   View Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in March 2011.

Applied online, took personality test. Was contacted to schedule phone interview. Phone interview was almost exactly like the online personality test. The phone-interview wasn't an interaction with a person, moreso just someone reading off a questionnaire. I would've liked the opportunity to speak to a real person, but I guess you have to earn that level of interview.