Gallup

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Gallup

Interview Details – Pretty accurate description based off of the other posts. Interview was about 30 min. All behavioral questions. Ex. How important is it to you to be the best? Do you spend a lot more time working on something? Should management spend more time with high performers or low performers? Do you usually seek out the leadership position? Give an example of how you are dependable?

Interview Question – Do you always do what the client asks of you?   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in October 2013.

Interview Details – i apllied on line and two weeks later get an e-mail, ask me to make an appointment. then they told me not to prepare. several days later, i was asked a lot of questions, all behavior questions, but i do not understand what kind of person they are looking for.

Interview Question – do you hate to lose   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Gallup in January 2012.

Interview Details – I have applied to Gallup's Business analyst position located in Irvine, CA. They contacted me the next day to schedule a 45 minute phone interview. During the interview the person asked me many questions on personality, behavior, past experiences, and etc. The person said that she can only repeat the question but can not answer any questions. I was surprised at the questions because of the fact that I am an Industrial Engineer and they were asking me about marketing such as "Would you rather have many small clients or few big ones?". I mostly answered as neutral and risk minimizing as I could think of right at the top of my head. The questions were tough especially for me, someone who was fresh out of college and had no full time work experience.
I thought they concentrated too much on the personality test and totally disregarded what I could bring to the table at Gallup.

Interview Question – Was there a time where you motivated people to fight for your cause. How did you do it.   View Answer

Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in December 2011.

Interview Details – The Gallup interview process is all about the right fit for an individual. They have specific criteria in mind for what they are looking for in people. Referrals do not go very far- its all about the unique skills that you have and how they fit into Gallup. The online assessment tells you if you will get an interview, and the two phone interviews are the most influential on whether or not you would be a good fit within the company. If the interview process is difficult for you, it just means that you most likely are not a good fit.

Interview Question – How organized are you?   Answer Question

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gallup in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online for many positions, got one email back saying i can call and schedule an interview appointment. The phone interview last for 40-45 min. Mostly intelligence and personality test. Not really related to the job function. The interviewer asked the written question one by one, not very conversational.

Interview Question – What score do you think of everyday?   View Answer

Interviewed at Gallup

Interview Details – Two Behavioral phones interviews. I would look at Gallup research on employee hiring to help understand the process you are going through. Otherwise it can be a turn off.

Interview Question – Do you consider yourself to be in the top 5% of people.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for a business development analyst position. It took about a month or so before before the help desk contacted for a phone interview with the HR. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. The phone interview consisted of personality test questions asked by the HR person (i.e., how competitive are you on a scale 1 to 5, have you help anyone recently,...) not like the normal phone interview questions. If you passed the personality test, you will get another phone interview and then a face interview. Can't really tell what types of person the company is looking for.

Interview Question – Are you more competitive than most of people?   Answer Question

Business Analyst

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in June 2011.

Interview Details – The first phone interview consisted of about 45 minutes of behavioral type questions. You are not permitted to get clarification on the questions, but you can ask them to repeat the question. Many questions were yes or no or a number scale, then followed by a reason why. The second phone interview lasted about 90 minutes and was related to the position. Many questions were related to if i enjoy mathematics. The final question they asked was how much would I like to be paid. I did not receive an office visit interview after the second phone interview.

Interview Question – How do you prioritize your day.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, completed the personality test "passed" (whatever that meant) and was contacted the next day by Gallup to setup a phone interview. It was scheduled for 2 weeks after the initial contact. Took the phone interview and was told I passed through again... great. 2nd phone interview was scheduled a week later, took the phone interview, felt I did well, and was told at the end that they would contact me in 3-5 days. Ok fine. Got an EMAIL the next day saying basically 'thanks but no thanks'. Now, I understand not everyone is a fit for a company, no doubt about it, but my credentials fit to the "T" for the position I applied for. I wont list my credentials or where I went to school to save being attacked for thinking that I felt entitled, I dont. I was judged based one Gallups "flawless" interview process. I wasn't asked questions about my credentials I was asked "What was the last thing you bought someone?" Huh? (Answered it calm and cool) Explain what a manager should do in this situation...type question....um im not applying for a management position, to learn what a manager should do you should ask a potential manager who has experience or give someone time to develope necessary experince to know what to do.

I mean some of the questions were borderline insulting. I know I know your thinking..."your just not a fit dude" and "the process just proved that your not a fit being manisfested by the way you took it, maybe they were right". Sure, you can think that. But I have a question for companies like Gallup and those that use a similar formats for hiring employees: Is your system fail safe? I mean you must have a sero turn over rate...right? The employees that went through the hiring process and got into your organization...are all successful...right? Wow, might be the only company in history that never had to lay someone off due to incompetancy or their inability to perform the job as they stated during the hiring process.

So you want tips right on how to make it into Gallup? Here is a tip, don't. Look somewhere else trust me. I felt like a ginnie pig for Gallup to train HR hires, no matter what I said, they had their mind made up they werent going to hire.You will feel insulted by the end of it and feel helpless as to what you did wrong. I answered all questions intelligently, even the ones that would have no effect on my ability to perform the job based on what they themselves were asking for in the job post. Dont say you werent warned. But hey, if you get in, hats off to you and goodluck.

Interview Questions

Business Analyst

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Gallup in August 2010.

Interview Details – The process was quite simple. Fill out an online questionaire and take a personality test. A few days later you'll get an email requesting you to call a number to schedule an interview. Shortly after recieving the email you will get a call from Gallup to schedule your interview. The interview consisted of canned questions and could not be elaborated upon.

Interview Question – what animal would best describe you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gallup

Worked for Gallup? Contribute to the Community!

Gallup – Why Work for Us?

Gallup is a progressive consulting firm that helps leaders at every level of business, government, and society improve their organizational performance by understanding the voice of their constituencies. Gallup has… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gallup Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Gallup employees and interview candidates.