Gallup Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 10, 2015

3.1

Consulting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

nonstop personality questions. No real talking with the interviewer. You can barely explain yourself for certain questions when you want to. There are mostly all behavioral questions. It takes about 30 minutes because it consists of 50 questions. It's basically a personality exam you take online but with a person. It can be a little initimidating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of two telephone interviews that gauged behavior and reasoning as well as work expectations with Gallup - salary, work environment etc. The interviewer does not engage with the candidate, merely reading questions and recording the candidates responses. If the candidate successfully passes the two telephone interviews, then they are invited to a formal face to face interview that includes more typical questions and interview engagement.

Interview Questions

• How would other people describe your work style?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary includes a base and pay for performance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

1) take online test 2) phone interview; they ask you respond, not a two way street. Make sure you prepare for this as they do record it and they are upfront about it being a question after question scenario. 3) phone interview 2; more in depth 4) in person interview- wow them! This is where they are looking for your ability to deal with people, and handle yourself under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you turned around a bad situation, what do you think are your best qualities, typical behavioral questions. How do you manage a team questions, how do you motivate others, how do you deal with conflict, tell me about a time you overcame a conflict.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Difficult! They know where they want to bring you in, be sure you are prepared to negotiate if that's not ok with you.

Client Development Consultant Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Online personality test, fit test, timed. Phone interview rounds

Interview Questions

• on a scale of 1 to 10, rate yourself on confidence/teamwork/diligience/work ethic/...follow up with example.   Answer Question

Consultant Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

The same as the rest of the reviews. Unusual behavioral questions, absolutely no feedback. During the interview, you may forget that you're actually talking to a person and not an automated service. Most of the questions that you'll be asked are on this site, so use them as a guide. But you'll never really know what type of answers to the questions Gallup is looking for, so keep that in mind.

Client Development Consultant (MBA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Started with the assessment test and received an email to set up a phone interview within 3 days. First phone interview was 45 minutes about my work style; this is very similar to the assessment. At the end of the 45 minutes I was immediately asked to schedule a 75 minute interview, which I did the following morning. The 75 minute interview was very similar to the 45 minute interview and the assessment. After the 75 minutes, I was told to reach out if I did not receive an offer within 7 days.

Interview Questions

• Who is more important, someone who is independent and makes $2M in business per year, or someone who is a team player who makes $1M in business per year?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL).

Interview

filled in the online interview, was asked a lot of questions which some of them are similar. received email later saying to schedule a phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online through University Career site. Basic application, plus a personality test online. Received email to set up Interview. The 1st phone interview was a personality interview. They seem to be concerned if you will be a good fit for their corporate culture. I think that is a good thing they can teach skills, but they can not change peoples personality. The phone interview was very quick and they fire the questions at you fast

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online through the Gallup web portal. Submitted my CV online and immediately take an online personality assessment (40 min). A couple of hours later, I received an email requesting me to schedule a follow up interview. The 2nd stage: phone interview for another assessment. It's a competency based interview. You are expected to give specific examples from your work history. The questions, I compiled from this sight are SPOT ON. Practice them and you will know a good bit of what you will be asked. The interviewer gives no feedback on your answers. Same as all the other comments on here. No surprises. study these questions and you will be prepared for the competency based questions. Which doesn't mean you necessarily have the right personality to work for Gallup! An insider told me that GALLUP doesn't do case studies for consulting roles. They focus on hiring people who fit a certain mold - their culture. Here are the questions (sorry for the dups) - all compiled from here but now in 1 place...good luck! (I tried to list them all but this system has a 5k word limit) According to you who is the best customer?   According to you what is most important quality that you should possess when you are dealing with a customer? What is your biggest contribution in your life so far? either to your family or work When do you know that a client is going to buy?   Do you believe that everyone should be compensated depending to his working hours or with a fixed salary? why? do you want salaried or commission-like pay structure have you ever changed the culture of an organization are you responsible, example are you competitive, example Who is more valuable? One high-functioning team member or two medium-functioning team members?   What would be a lot of money according to you?   Should a manager spend more time with the less productive members of the team, or the high achievers?   Who is more valuable? One high-functioning team member or two medium-functioning team members?   Who pays you in the job?   1-10, how do you rate your achievements? What do you consider a lot of money?   Would you rather sell a deal for a large amount of money and walk away or receive less and have a partner for 10 years?   On a scale of 1 to 5 please rate how aggressive you are? "If you are a sales person, how do you close the deal with the clients" What's your political view? How do your measure your performance?   How do you explain something to a peer so that it is easily understandable? Are you a highly motivated person? If so give me an example of how why you are more motivated than others? Where do you see yourself professionally in 5 to 10 years? Do you prefer to work with one outstanding employee or two mediocre employee? Do you consider yourself to be ambitious? More ambitious than your peers? example.   Would you rather be evaluated on your results or on your activities? Do you spend a lot of time thinking about how you can help others?   How much money you want?   How much do you want to make in a year? How do you feel when you wake up in the morning? How would your friends describe you as? What are your weaknesses? Do you lie? Describe a time on how you had to deal with confidential information without giving away any confidential information. Do you like to be the best? Do you lead or do you follow? What is better? A team leader or a team member? Should a manager work with those who are less productive or more productive? Which type of job style would you enjoy - an 8 to 5 or a lifestyle job? What makes a good consultant? Are you good with numbers? Explain? What type of company do you want to work for? Should you ever tell a customer no? Explain? What management theory do you follow?   Are you a creative guy? What's the most creative thing have you done lately. Would you rather have a worker who is a very high performer and makes $1million in profit, but who works independently and not with the team, or two average performers who combined make $1million in profit, but who are both team players?   A recent example of a time you persuaded someone. Which are most relevant to you and people you have coached? Tell me about a time you took a company from bad to better. Explain an aggressive work situation. Explain a time when you had to be aggressive at work. Explain a time when you were in the wrong. In my perspective, if she's asking you to give an example, you're on the right track.   Would you say you are in the top 5% of the population? how do you know if you are a good leader? Would you rather sell to a lot of clients for small amounts or one big client for a big amount?

Interview Questions

• Would you say you know the difference between right and wrong?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

I went through an online questionnaire, three phone interviews and a final face-to-face interview with the regional president and performance manager. The entire process took about four months. Initially, I applied for a position in the Irvine office and then half way through was told the only position available was in the Chicago office. I was told that I was one of four candidates and they only were going to hire one candidate at the time.

Interview Questions

• They are very adamant about consultative selling and want rainmakers to find new clients to sell their services. Tell me a time when you used consultative selling to close a deal.....Tell me a time when you..... All of the interviews are behavioral until you reach the final face-to-face interviews. They are looking for a specific type of person so there is no point in faking it. There are no case interview questions like other consulting firms.   Answer Question