Gallup

www.gallup.com

Gallup Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in January 2014.

The hiring process consisted of two telephone interviews that gauged behavior and reasoning as well as work expectations with Gallup - salary, work environment etc. The interviewer does not engage with the candidate, merely reading questions and recording the candidates responses. If the candidate successfully passes the two telephone interviews, then they are invited to a formal face to face interview that includes more typical questions and interview engagement.

Interview Questions
    • How would other people describe your work style?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Salary includes a base and pay for performance.

Client Development Consultant Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gallup in December 2013.

Online personality test, fit test, timed. Phone interview rounds

Interview Questions
    • on a scale of 1 to 10, rate yourself on confidence/teamwork/diligience/work ethic/...follow up with example.   Answer Question

Consultant Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Gallup in November 2013.

The same as the rest of the reviews. Unusual behavioral questions, absolutely no feedback. During the interview, you may forget that you're actually talking to a person and not an automated service. Most of the questions that you'll be asked are on this site, so use them as a guide. But you'll never really know what type of answers to the questions Gallup is looking for, so keep that in mind.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gallup.

filled in the online interview, was asked a lot of questions which some of them are similar. received email later saying to schedule a phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gallup in October 2013.

Applied online through University Career site. Basic application, plus a personality test online. Received email to set up Interview. The 1st phone interview was a personality interview. They seem to be concerned if you will be a good fit for their corporate culture. I think that is a good thing they can teach skills, but they can not change peoples personality. The phone interview was very quick and they fire the questions at you fast

Performance Manager - Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gallup in April 2013.

I applied online through the Gallup web portal. Submitted my CV online and immediately take an online personality assessment (40 min). A couple of hours later, I received an email requesting me to schedule a follow up interview. The 2nd stage: phone interview for another assessment. It's a competency based interview. You are expected to give specific examples from your work history.

The questions, I compiled from this sight are SPOT ON. Practice them and you will know a good bit of what you will be asked. The interviewer gives no feedback on your answers. Same as all the other comments on here. No surprises. study these questions and you will be prepared for the competency based questions. Which doesn't mean you necessarily have the right personality to work for Gallup!
    An insider told me that GALLUP doesn't do case studies for consulting roles. They focus on hiring people who fit a certain mold - their culture.

Here are the questions (sorry for the dups) - all compiled from here but now in 1 place...good luck! (I tried to list them all but this system has a 5k word limit)
    According to you who is the best customer?
    According to you what is most important quality that you should possess when you are dealing with a customer?
    What is your biggest contribution in your life so far? either to your family or work
    When do you know that a client is going to buy?
    Do you believe that everyone should be compensated depending to his working hours or with a fixed salary? why?
    do you want salaried or commission-like pay structure
    have you ever changed the culture of an organization
    are you responsible, example
    are you competitive, example
    Who is more valuable? One high-functioning team member or two medium-functioning team members?
    What would be a lot of money according to you?
    Should a manager spend more time with the less productive members of the team, or the high achievers?
    Who pays you in the job?
    1-10, how do you rate your achievements?
    What do you consider a lot of money?
    Would you rather sell a deal for a large amount of money and walk away or receive less and have a partner for 10 years?
    On a scale of 1 to 5 please rate how aggressive you are?
    "If you are a sales person, how do you close the deal with the clients"
    What's your political view?
    How do your measure your performance?
    How do you explain something to a peer so that it is easily understandable?
    Are you a highly motivated person? If so give me an example of how why you are more motivated than others?
    Where do you see yourself professionally in 5 to 10 years?
    Do you prefer to work with one outstanding employee or two mediocre employee?
    Do you consider yourself to be ambitious? More ambitious than your peers? example.
    Would you rather be evaluated on your results or on your activities?
    Do you spend a lot of time thinking about how you can help others?
    How much money you want?
    How much do you want to make in a year?
    How do you feel when you wake up in the morning?
    How would your friends describe you as?
    What are your weaknesses?
    Do you lie?
    Describe a time on how you had to deal with confidential information without giving away any confidential information.
    Do you like to be the best?
    Do you lead or do you follow?
    What is better? A team leader or a team member?
    Should a manager work with those who are less productive or more productive?
    Which type of job style would you enjoy - an 8 to 5 or a lifestyle job?
    What makes a good consultant?
    Are you good with numbers? Explain?
    What type of company do you want to work for?
    Should you ever tell a customer no? Explain?
    What management theory do you follow?
    Are you a creative guy?
    What's the most creative thing have you done lately.
    Would you rather have a worker who is a very high performer and makes $1million in profit, but who works independently and not with the team, or two average performers who combined make $1million in profit, but who are both team players?
    A recent example of a time you persuaded someone.
    Which are most relevant to you and people you have coached?
    Tell me about a time you took a company from bad to better.
    Explain an aggressive work situation.
    Explain a time when you had to be aggressive at work.
    Explain a time when you were in the wrong.
    In my perspective, if she's asking you to give an example, you're on the right track.
    Would you say you are in the top 5% of the population?
    how do you know if you are a good leader?
    Would you rather sell to a lot of clients for small amounts or one big client for a big amount?

Interview Questions
    • Would you say you know the difference between right and wrong?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Gallup in February 2013.

I went through an online questionnaire, three phone interviews and a final face-to-face interview with the regional president and performance manager. The entire process took about four months. Initially, I applied for a position in the Irvine office and then half way through was told the only position available was in the Chicago office. I was told that I was one of four candidates and they only were going to hire one candidate at the time.

Interview Questions
    • They are very adamant about consultative selling and want rainmakers to find new clients to sell their services. Tell me a time when you used consultative selling to close a deal.....Tell me a time when you.....

All of the interviews are behavioral until you reach the final face-to-face interviews. They are looking for a specific type of person so there is no point in faking it. There are no case interview questions like other consulting firms.
        Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Gallup.

After applying for the position had an online assessment. The next step is a telephone interview of 45 questions which is totally rushed and recorded. be careful that you don't overtalk in the conversation or the interviewer will cut you short and it will sound unprofessional. Anyways was called to set up a second interview via telephone again this time 75 questions in the format of.....have you done this? if yes then give me an example of a time..... so think on your feet and anticipate teh next question. I was not extended an offer with the email sent 2 days later saying I did not fit their requirement. Its a hit or a miss, so just be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Are you good with numbers? give me an example.
      Have you studied management or psychological theories? Give me an example of a theory you follow.
      Have you ever had a set back or lost at something? If so provide an example.
        View Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Gallup in September 2012.

I took the personality/behavioral test online, which I think was about 45 minutes long. This is their first process of screening. Next it was an interview with a very trained phone interviewer who did not go off script. This was a second round of personality/behavioral tests and was scored. I didn't make the cut after this; was informed by email.

Interview Questions
    • During the phone screen, the questions were mostly about what would you do in this type of situation or what is your preference, etc.   Answer Question

Survey Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gallup in June 2012.

The process took 2 months, involving an online survey, 4 phone interviews, and an in-person interview with 4 senior staff.

Step 1: Online CAT survey (45 min -- personality assessment)
    Step 2: Phone interview (30 min -- talent and personality assessment)
    Step 3: Phone interview (90 min -- talent and personality assessment)
    Step 4: Recruiter phone interview (30 min -- interest assessment and job match)
    Step 5: Hiring manager phone interview (30 min -- asked about how I prepared and why I was a good fit)
    Step 6: In person interviews (2 hours)

In-person interviews:
    #1: Senior Manager -- Asked about various points on my resume
    #2: Project Manager -- Asked about my interests and goals
    #3: Hiring Manager -- Explained his vision for the company and administered a test. The test is a simple estimation exercise. With no data, you have 8 minutes to answer the following question: "How many people travel through Kennedy International Airport every year?" The basic idea is to think through the parts of your estimate e.g. number of runways, number of airplanes that arrive/leave per hour, hours of operation, and number of seats per airplane. Then just multiply these by 52 and there you go. Of course this is all guesswork, but it helps show how you would develop a model.
    #4: HR -- Asked about various points on my resume and discussed pay, training, benefits etc.

Overall the process was challenging and somewhat odd. The interviewers asked deep personality and talent questions at all phases of the process. It;s like being grilled by the FBI. Most of the interviewers were really friendly and made me feel welcome to be there. I did have 2 really weird/annoying experiences you may want to prepare for.

1. The hiring manager was a bit snobby and prattled on about how he was going to change the world by transforming the client service models of Fortune 500 companies. Weird.

2. After the intensive assessments, I was matched with a project management position. When I got there, the hiring manager said I was being interviewed for a survey analyst position. The problem is that I lack the 5-7 years of experience needed for the position and prepared for an interview around project management, not data analysis.

Interview Questions
    • How did you prepare for this interview?   Answer Question
    • How many people travel through Kennedy International Airport every year? That is all the information you will be given. You have 8 minutes to prepare a presentation.   Answer Question