Gallup

Getting the Interview

24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant-Client Development Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Gallup in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, and passed online assessment. A day after, I recieved an emai with instructions on how to book a phone interview. Before I even call the number in the email, they called me to scheduled and phone interview. That said, it would take 45 minutes and that it would be the first one of two before a potential in-person interview. Waiting for phone interview Online assessment is heavily oriented towards sales and collaboration with otheres

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of two telephone interviews that gauged behavior and reasoning as well as work expectations with Gallup - salary, work environment etc. The interviewer does not engage with the candidate, merely reading questions and recording the candidates responses. If the candidate successfully passes the two telephone interviews, then they are invited to a formal face to face interview that includes more typical questions and interview engagement.

Interview Question – How would other people describe your work style?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salary includes a base and pay for performance.

Client Development Consultant

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by the recruitment team and was scheduled for a telephone based structured interview. I had two of these telephone based interviews prior to interviewing onsight at the beautiful DC office. Very much enjoyed the process, as the interviewers asked thought provoking questions. I felt at ease through the process because Gallup values relationships and strives to make the recruitment process world-class.

Interview Question – None of the questions felt difficult as they were asked in a way that made the process seamless and conversational. After coming on board I had the opportunity to spend time with a Strengths coach to discuss my talents and strengths. Every company should onboard employees with coaching sessions as it is highly engaging.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gallup in November 2013.

Interview Details – 1 Submitted my online application, including the long online assessment

2 Contacted in 1-2 business weeks to set up a phone interview (1st via email, then called 1x per day until I was able to call back and schedule. This took 1 email and 2 phone calls before I was able to call back and schedule)

3 Scheduler (I assume an admin of some type) offered me a more flexible Saturday interview time (wow! a Saturday time? so I didn't have to do it during my lunch break?)

4 Complete phone interview- she simply asked questions, repeated when necessary, and recorded my answers. From my research, I found that it was supposed to last anywhere from 30-45 mins- my interview finished in under 25 mins.

5 She the informed me that I'd be contacted either way in 5-7 days...which I currently am in

*next step (provided by interviewer) another phone interview, if passes, the face to face with hiring manager

Interview Question – (not exact wording) Would you rather work with an excellent team who only generated 1 million USD or with a partner (who you hated) but could generate 2 million USD.

(this was the only question I had her repeat)
  View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Gallup in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through University Career site. Basic application, plus a personality test online. Received email to set up Interview. The 1st phone interview was a personality interview. They seem to be concerned if you will be a good fit for their corporate culture. I think that is a good thing they can teach skills, but they can not change peoples personality. The phone interview was very quick and they fire the questions at you fast

Interview Question – What to you think of when you wake up in the morning?   Answer Question

Client Development Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gallup in October 2013.

Interview Details – I initially applied online for a Client Services role (which was filled a few days after applying). As mentioned by others, you complete an online assessment with your first application that is saves for all future roles. I then applied a week or so later to the Client Development role and by that afternoon had received an email that they wanted to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interview consisted of a series of rapid fire questions (similar to the personality test) but by an interviewer. You were asked to provide a short explanation/answer and they would ask for any further details if needed.

Within a week I received a response that I wasn't moving forward in the process. It was an interesting interview process to go through and scheduling was very easy/efficient. There isn't really a way to prep for this type of interview other than to answer honestly as best you can and let their "system" determine if you are a fit...

Interview Question – Some example questions were:
- Would you prefer to work alone or with a team?
- Are you harder on yourself or others?
- Would you prefer to have a salesperson who is a high performer (makes lot of sales) but is terrible to work with or someone who makes less in sales but it a better part of the team.
- Should a person's compensation be tied to their productivity?
  Answer Question

Client Development Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – two phone interviews, the first one is half an hour, the second one is one hour, and then an interview with the hiring manager. The first two was pretty straight forward and also different from any other kind of interviews. All behavior questions and they need your first instinct response.

Interview Question – Don't hesitate too long or speak too much, straight to the answer and don't expand unless you hear "please give me an example"..   Answer Question

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Gallup.

Interview Details – I applied online and did an online assessment test followed by a phone interview. The questions where close to those in the online assessment test. I was told will be contacted in three days if I am successful.

Interview Question – Can you work with a cynical person   Answer Question

Consultant - Client Development Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ months - interviewed at Gallup in August 2013.

Interview Details – The initial communication was by me. I submitted an online registration and application. There was a personality test that I took, while also including work history, resume type information.

I received an email, and phone call within a week from my application submission. I was invited for a phone interview.

The phone interview was very interesting. I could not ask questions, ask them to clarify what the question meant, or take different paths based on assumptions created from the line of questioning. This too, was a sudo- personality exam. At the end of our near hour conversation (?) I was verbally informed that I would advance to the next round for another interview.

I later received an email stating that they did not have a position that met my requests. Except I hadn't made any requests but only applied to a position on a posting. So I realized this was a soft rejection.

Interview Question – How would you work with a cynical person?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Gallup in February 2013.

Interview Details – I went through an online questionnaire, three phone interviews and a final face-to-face interview with the regional president and performance manager. The entire process took about four months. Initially, I applied for a position in the Irvine office and then half way through was told the only position available was in the Chicago office. I was told that I was one of four candidates and they only were going to hire one candidate at the time.

Interview Question – They are very adamant about consultative selling and want rainmakers to find new clients to sell their services. Tell me a time when you used consultative selling to close a deal.....Tell me a time when you.....

All of the interviews are behavioral until you reach the final face-to-face interviews. They are looking for a specific type of person so there is no point in faking it. There are no case interview questions like other consulting firms.
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gallup

Worked for Gallup? Contribute to the Community!

Gallup – Why Work for Us?

Gallup is a progressive consulting firm that helps leaders at every level of business, government, and society improve their organizational performance by understanding the voice of their constituencies. Gallup has… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gallup Client Development Consultant interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Gallup employees and interview candidates.