Gallup

Updated Nov 9, 2014

3.2

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Development Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in November 2014.

Just passed the first interview, about to have second interview today. Similar to what everybody said here. Except, the interviewer was quite nice. Some of the questions were ambiguous, but I think they were designed that way. Some of the questions were asked many times in different ways like "how do you think people should be compensated".

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Client Development Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup.

I applied online and took a personality test. Immediately I was notified that I was not a good fit for certain jobs but recommended to apply for other specific jobs that matched my personality test. Then I had two long phone interviews, about 30-45 minutes each. The questions had nothing to do with my work experience. Instead, the questions were rapid-fire and unexpected, such as "would you rather" and "on a scale of 1-5" but there was no room for explanation.

Client Development Consultant Interview

I attended a business development workshop, then applied for a client development role in Chicago. I had two phone interviews but have not heard back from them yet. Both interviews were behavioral, pretty much like what all the others have said on this site. Very professional process.

Consultant-Client Development Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gallup in March 2014.

Applied online, and passed online assessment. A day after, I recieved an emai with instructions on how to book a phone interview. Before I even call the number in the email, they called me to scheduled and phone interview. That said, it would take 45 minutes and that it would be the first one of two before a potential in-person interview. Waiting for phone interview Online assessment is heavily oriented towards sales and collaboration with otheres

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in January 2014.

The hiring process consisted of two telephone interviews that gauged behavior and reasoning as well as work expectations with Gallup - salary, work environment etc. The interviewer does not engage with the candidate, merely reading questions and recording the candidates responses. If the candidate successfully passes the two telephone interviews, then they are invited to a formal face to face interview that includes more typical questions and interview engagement.

Interview Questions
    • How would other people describe your work style?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Salary includes a base and pay for performance.

Client Development Consultant Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Gallup.

Initially contacted by the recruitment team and was scheduled for a telephone based structured interview. I had two of these telephone based interviews prior to interviewing onsight at the beautiful DC office. Very much enjoyed the process, as the interviewers asked thought provoking questions. I felt at ease through the process because Gallup values relationships and strives to make the recruitment process world-class.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions felt difficult as they were asked in a way that made the process seamless and conversational. After coming on board I had the opportunity to spend time with a Strengths coach to discuss my talents and strengths. Every company should onboard employees with coaching sessions as it is highly engaging.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gallup in November 2013.

1 Submitted my online application, including the long online assessment

2 Contacted in 1-2 business weeks to set up a phone interview (1st via email, then called 1x per day until I was able to call back and schedule. This took 1 email and 2 phone calls before I was able to call back and schedule)

3 Scheduler (I assume an admin of some type) offered me a more flexible Saturday interview time (wow! a Saturday time? so I didn't have to do it during my lunch break?)

4 Complete phone interview- she simply asked questions, repeated when necessary, and recorded my answers. From my research, I found that it was supposed to last anywhere from 30-45 mins- my interview finished in under 25 mins.

5 She the informed me that I'd be contacted either way in 5-7 days...which I currently am in

*next step (provided by interviewer) another phone interview, if passes, the face to face with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • (not exact wording) Would you rather work with an excellent team who only generated 1 million USD or with a partner (who you hated) but could generate 2 million USD.

(this was the only question I had her repeat)

View Answer

Client Development Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gallup in October 2013.

I initially applied online for a Client Services role (which was filled a few days after applying). As mentioned by others, you complete an online assessment with your first application that is saves for all future roles. I then applied a week or so later to the Client Development role and by that afternoon had received an email that they wanted to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interview consisted of a series of rapid fire questions (similar to the personality test) but by an interviewer. You were asked to provide a short explanation/answer and they would ask for any further details if needed.

Within a week I received a response that I wasn't moving forward in the process. It was an interesting interview process to go through and scheduling was very easy/efficient. There isn't really a way to prep for this type of interview other than to answer honestly as best you can and let their "system" determine if you are a fit...

Interview Questions
    • Some example questions were:
      - Would you prefer to work alone or with a team?
      - Are you harder on yourself or others?
      - Would you prefer to have a salesperson who is a high performer (makes lot of sales) but is terrible to work with or someone who makes less in sales but it a better part of the team.
      - Should a person's compensation be tied to their productivity?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Gallup in October 2013.

Applied online through University Career site. Basic application, plus a personality test online. Received email to set up Interview. The 1st phone interview was a personality interview. They seem to be concerned if you will be a good fit for their corporate culture. I think that is a good thing they can teach skills, but they can not change peoples personality. The phone interview was very quick and they fire the questions at you fast

Client Development Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gallup.

two phone interviews, the first one is half an hour, the second one is one hour, and then an interview with the hiring manager. The first two was pretty straight forward and also different from any other kind of interviews. All behavior questions and they need your first instinct response.

Interview Questions
    • Don't hesitate too long or speak too much, straight to the answer and don't expand unless you hear "please give me an example"..   Answer Question